Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 83  All

Author Topic: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Plagiarists Win!)  (Read 196021 times)

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Day 1 Start!)
« Reply #1125 on: July 01, 2013, 08:57:53 pm »

No raerae, it would read, "I believe him but what he's saying has a contradiction, so I think he's mistaken". And I don't think that's unreasonable, especially given that he was in fact mistaken

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: July 01, 2013, 09:01:17 pm »

No raerae, it would read, "I believe him but what he's saying has a contradiction, so I think he's mistaken". And I don't think that's unreasonable, especially given that he was in fact mistaken

That wasn't how I read it.  Still isn't how it looks to me but I'm obviously in the minority there. 

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: July 01, 2013, 09:01:42 pm »

Agree that no lynch is bad. And what are you advocating claiming, EFHW? I think the claiming we've done today hasn't done anything in terms of helping us find scum.

Advocating is too strong a word, but I want to play with the idea and would like us all to as a town.  Suspend your disbelief for a few moments and imagine this scenario.

The claiming so far is not helpful to town because it's in dribs and drabs, at the same time that it gives scum hints on what to do or not do.  I'm saying what if we turn our usual procedures upside down, stop running scared and take advantage of our majority to get something potentially really helpful.  Now, when there are the most town players, we could put it all out there, make several plans and scum can't stop them all.  AND they risk exposure because they will have to try to participate.  I've never done a massclaim before, so I'm not sensitized to the risks like others might be, but I do know that by distrusting everyone we lose out on what we could gain by cooperating.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: July 01, 2013, 09:02:28 pm »

Xeiron, if you didn't want to repeat RMM7, why on this lovely blue marble did you claim, again, D1?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: July 01, 2013, 09:05:13 pm »

TA, I clearly and loudly posted v/la in this thread.  Read more carefully.  I don't live here; I just come here to play.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: July 01, 2013, 09:06:29 pm »

Correct

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: July 01, 2013, 09:06:52 pm »

TA, I clearly and loudly posted v/la in this thread.  Read more carefully.  I don't live here; I just come here to play.

It was a joke :)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: July 01, 2013, 09:10:15 pm »

re: X's plan: I believe that we let him go through with it (aka give him some pen and paper), but we don't no lynch today.
The no lynch inconsistancy with EFHW is weird, and with the other things ash has put together, I think it's enough for a D1 vote: efhw
This is scummy even for mail-mi.
? Explanation? First part or second part? What about it is scummy?
2nd part.  Can you list what you think Ash has put together?
The no lynch inconsistency is what I think is the worst. Your "slip" was minor, if anything, and I kind of agree with ash on what else he's said about you. I think you're the best lynch besides xeiron (I want to see if his plan works)
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: July 01, 2013, 09:24:36 pm »

re: X's plan: I believe that we let him go through with it (aka give him some pen and paper), but we don't no lynch today.
The no lynch inconsistancy with EFHW is weird, and with the other things ash has put together, I think it's enough for a D1 vote: efhw
2nd part.  Can you list what you think Ash has put together?
The no lynch inconsistency is what I think is the worst. Your "slip" was minor, if anything, and I kind of agree with ash on what else he's said about you. I think you're the best lynch besides xeiron (I want to see if his plan works)
Even ash agrees that he misread me about the no lynch.  What else has he said about me that you agree with?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: July 01, 2013, 09:27:07 pm »

Want to lynch: xeiron
Would lynch: ahoppy ashersky mail-mi
Would lynch if no lynch was only other option: everyone else
But I really prefer the xerion lynch

nkirbit tell me your take on Ashersky.  He's tunneling me, of course, which is uber-scummy, but is there anything else?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: July 01, 2013, 09:27:14 pm »

I won't participate in lynching xeiron. This is RMM7 all over again people.

I am aware his story is crazy, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are some holes in it. Townies make mistakes. I don't think he would device a plan like this as scum. I don't.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: July 01, 2013, 09:30:25 pm »

I think it is OMGUS on EFHW's part.
Has your position on mail-mi changed?  You were voting for him twice today.  You think he is towny now?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: July 01, 2013, 09:30:53 pm »

I am aware his story is crazy, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are some holes in it. Townies make mistakes. I don't think he would device a plan like this as scum. I don't.

Exactly.  The game he didn't want to repeat.  Yet he's making the same "mistakes" banking on that being fresh in our minds. 

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: July 01, 2013, 09:32:03 pm »

That wasn't how I read it.  Still isn't how it looks to me but I'm obviously in the minority there.

Why would he say "I believe you but you're not telling the truth?" 

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: July 01, 2013, 09:32:11 pm »

I think it is OMGUS on EFHW's part.
Has your position on mail-mi changed?  You were voting for him twice today.  You think he is towny now?

No, he's still scummy.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: July 01, 2013, 09:32:27 pm »

Exactly.  The game he didn't want to repeat.  Yet he's making the same "mistakes" banking on that being fresh in our minds.

Eh, I don't think he planned it that way.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: July 01, 2013, 09:36:38 pm »

Ash, what's your take on TA?  Just point me in that direction if you've already covered it.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: July 01, 2013, 09:37:45 pm »

Ashersky, so far your evidence against me is a "slip" no one else sees as a slip, a misunderstanding re: no lynch you yourself have acknowledged, misattributing to me something raerae said, and my willingness to give xeiron a chance to try his plan tonight (I don't agree with Day 2 no lynch).  Am I missing something?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: July 01, 2013, 09:39:15 pm »

I don't think EHFW couldn't be scum. But pretty much same can be said for ash, and his certainty is worrisome..

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: July 01, 2013, 09:40:35 pm »

nkirbit tell me your take on Ashersky.  He's tunneling me, of course, which is uber-scummy, but is there anything else?

Most of all, I'm concerned with his actions towards xeiron. It's not that he disagrees, it that on multiple occasions, I've seen him decline to question a xeiron lynch at all. I'm also concerne with the multiple recent posts saying "see, efhw is scummy here!" Including one post that was actually by raerae. It screams at me that he's starting with a conclusion

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: July 01, 2013, 09:46:07 pm »

Ash, what's your take on TA?  Just point me in that direction if you've already covered it.

I think he's towny so far D1.  Calm when needed, emotion seemed genuine when it came out.  Good stances on theory/claiming/etc.  Asking lots of questions, gave some reads.  Would not lynch today.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 01, 2013, 09:48:42 pm »

Ashersky, so far your evidence against me is a "slip" no one else sees as a slip, a misunderstanding re: no lynch you yourself have acknowledged, misattributing to me something raerae said, and my willingness to give xeiron a chance to try his plan tonight (I don't agree with Day 2 no lynch).  Am I missing something?

I think the slip was a slip, even if others don't.  I think you've misrepresented things multiple times.  I think you've shown you have more set up info than the rest of us.  I think your reaction to Xeiron's claim/plan was scummy.

I do think your stance on no lynch is bad and your willingness to go along with X is bad.

I acknowledged that it was possible your no lynch comment, which I saw as contradictory, could have referenced something else.  That could have been your excuse to cover for it, too.  It isn't conclusive evidence, though.

The raerae scummy statement attributed to you I will own up to.  I think it was a scummy misrepresentation of TA's statement; raerae stands behind it.  That's fine.  I found it scummy.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: July 01, 2013, 09:49:04 pm »

I don't think EHFW couldn't be scum. But pretty much same can be said for ash, and his certainty is worrisome..

Assuming this was a typo and you met "could" but how about you explain that either way.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 01, 2013, 09:50:20 pm »

Most of all, I'm concerned with his actions towards xeiron. It's not that he disagrees, it that on multiple occasions, I've seen him decline to question a xeiron lynch at all. I'm also concerne with the multiple recent posts saying "see, efhw is scummy here!" Including one post that was actually by raerae. It screams at me that he's starting with a conclusion

What actions toward X?

I don't decline to question anything.  I think lynching X is bad.  I've said it previously.  Go re-read me on the last few pages.  I said something like "let's leave him alive and let the WIFOM happen."  I've said (to TA) that I think he's town that made a mistake.  And I'm not voting for him.  Those should all point to how I feel about the X situation.

Why are you so intent on protecting EFHW?  That was what got sb under a lot of scrutiny.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: July 01, 2013, 10:03:33 pm »

Assuming this was a typo and you met "could" but how about you explain that either way.
Double negatives, how do they work.

Well, I have bit of a reputation to be against day 1 lynches. I like to think I've been correct with a good record too. In this game, I take that stance against the xeiron lynch - I will actively try to make it not happen.

I don't feel that way about EHFW. Ashersky is pushing it with too much certainty and it worries me, but EHFW answers are not convincing to me. I always try to think "could he be like that under pressure as scum", and I think EHFW could be.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 83  All

Page created in 1.594 seconds with 20 queries.