Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 83  All

Author Topic: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Plagiarists Win!)  (Read 196037 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Day 1 Start!)
« Reply #1100 on: July 01, 2013, 08:41:01 pm »

Unvote

I believe the claim, SB has no reason to lie if he's /outing. I think it's silly that we have a basically verified town member due to it, but oh well that's the game.

SB also got watcher/tracker confused, I think. No one targeted Raerae last night -- Raerae still very well may have performed actions.

Just catching up and this is the first post to catch my eye.  How can you believe the claim and say it's false in the same breath?

Cause I was right! He said he was tracker, then described his role as being a watcher, (at which point I made the above post) but then actually flipped as a tracker, he was just stating his role incorrectly.

Yeah, this was EFHW taking a TA quote and making it sound bad when it wasn't.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: July 01, 2013, 08:41:13 pm »

Nolynch ensure us more powerroles still in the game. Both because of any starting power a lynchée might have and because of the items that could boost the other players. It think the extra information we gain at night by not lynching town could make up for us missing a chance to lynch scum.

This is what we have from Xeiron when he initially puts forth the no lynch plan.

But Xeiron hasn't asked for any items other than the pen and paper, and as far as we know, already has his plan in motion (should he get his pen and paper, or possibly not).  So why the no lynch??  Does Xeiron not think we can catch scum today?

No lynch helps scum.  Why?  Because every day we no lynch is a day we didn't kill scum.  It reduces the number of mislynches scum needs to get to win the game.

There's no guarantee that no lynch gets us "more PRs" in the game.  Item PRs depend on getting the right pieces and combination guesses, right?  So no guarantees there.  And then there are the PRs we may or may not have been assigned at game start.

If you are balancing the fact that there are inventions that act as PRs, how do you balance that with actual roles?  Probably by making weaker roles.

Add in the fact that scum can be gaining stuff and inventing stuff and I think the no lynch plan just gets worse and worse.

Yes, I agree that no-lynch is bad.  I think it's anti-town at best, scummy at worst, and above all, not fun.  I'm pointing it out as another odd thing about Xeiron.. I think his no-lynch argument is bogus.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: July 01, 2013, 08:41:55 pm »

I'm not convinced that claiming is bad. In fact, I think we could maybe get some great plans going, but it would involve risk.  I'm sure you will find a way to make this sound scummy, but I'm tempted to say let's go all in and really play this out.

Really?  Full mass claim on D1?

I mean, I LOVE claiming plans.  I push one in almost every game I play.  And yet I haven't in this game.  Why?  Because it is bad news bears.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: July 01, 2013, 08:42:08 pm »

Unvote

I believe the claim, SB has no reason to lie if he's /outing. I think it's silly that we have a basically verified town member due to it, but oh well that's the game.

SB also got watcher/tracker confused, I think. No one targeted Raerae last night -- Raerae still very well may have performed actions.

Just catching up and this is the first post to catch my eye.  How can you believe the claim and say it's false in the same breath?

Cause I was right! He said he was tracker, then described his role as being a watcher, (at which point I made the above post) but then actually flipped as a tracker, he was just stating his role incorrectly.

Huh?  That was raerae.. what does EFHW have to do with it?

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: July 01, 2013, 08:42:20 pm »

Well, so he was a tracker, not a watcher. Interesting that Raerae didn't target someone N0.

How do you know my role?  Why do you assume I can target somebody?  SB didn't see me do anything, yet you and Eevee insist on using the phrasing "target someone." 

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: July 01, 2013, 08:42:29 pm »

The "preferable" now is because we have already lost one towny and chances are we would lose another one.  I think I said that in my post.

Um, okay.  But "I think no-lynch may be preferable now" does NOT equal "no-lynch was a bad plan but might be an option if we get to deadline with no consensus" no matter how you slice them.

They're not equal.  Who said they were?  TA wondered about my past stance.  I told him.  It's not my current stance because the current circumstances were not foreseeable. 

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: July 01, 2013, 08:42:45 pm »

Unvote

Nothing.  Error.

raerae gets the scum points for that one.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: July 01, 2013, 08:43:02 pm »

Is there a chance we could get the vote counts renumbered to 1.8, 1.9, 1.10, 1.11, rather than 1.8, 1.9, 1.91, 1.92 for future reference? It's really confusing right now.

haha, sure thing.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: July 01, 2013, 08:43:11 pm »

Agree that no lynch is bad. And what are you advocating claiming, EFHW? I think the claiming we've done today hasn't done anything in terms of helping us find scum.

Nkirbit is making a lot of sense right now.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: July 01, 2013, 08:44:30 pm »

I said no lynch was a bad plan but might be an option if we get to deadline with no consensus.  I feel like that's where we are right now.  I somehow didn't realize xeiron's plan depended on no lynch for TWO days, though.  Like chairs, I thought he wanted no lynch b/c he wanted pen and paper for sure.  If he wants more items, maybe he should ask for them now.    For some reason I read it as he is asking not to be lynched himself Day 2, missed the no lynch thing. 

xeiron are you going to be able to tell us more Day 2 to justify no lynching again?  That's more than I think any of us can commit to at this point.

I read your response to TA as describing your current view on the no lynch plan.  If your response was describing your earlier, now changed, thoughts on no lynch, then that's different.  It wasn't clear to me, and I read it as describing how you currently felt about no lynch.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: July 01, 2013, 08:44:47 pm »

Well, so he was a tracker, not a watcher. Interesting that Raerae didn't target someone N0.

How do you know my role?  Why do you assume I can target somebody?  SB didn't see me do anything, yet you and Eevee insist on using the phrasing "target someone."

The point of a tracker is to watch a player and see who they targeted. According to spiritbears, now a confirmed town, you targeted no one N0. I have no idea whether you CAN target a player or not -- all I know is that you DIDN'T N0.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: July 01, 2013, 08:45:15 pm »

SB claimed he was a watcher, and claimed that from that information, he gathered that Raerae didn't target someone N0.  But that's not what a watcher tells you.. a watcher tells you who a person was targeted by.  So TA speculated that SB might have meant tracker, and was correct, as it turned out.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: July 01, 2013, 08:46:09 pm »

Agree that no lynch is bad. And what are you advocating claiming, EFHW? I think the claiming we've done today hasn't done anything in terms of helping us find scum.

Nkirbit is making a lot of sense right now.

Claiming helps scum decide who needs to die.  EFHW is asking for help in who to target at night.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: July 01, 2013, 08:46:14 pm »

Unvote

Nothing.  Error.

You get a couple for this mixup, too.  This reeks of starting at the conclusion and then looking for the evidence.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: July 01, 2013, 08:46:42 pm »

Raerae you are trying to dig up dirts on my posts when there's clearly nothing there

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: July 01, 2013, 08:47:22 pm »

re: X's plan: I believe that we let him go through with it (aka give him some pen and paper), but we don't no lynch today.

The no lynch inconsistancy with EFHW is weird, and with the other things ash has put together, I think it's enough for a D1 vote: efhw

This is scummy even for mail-mi.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: July 01, 2013, 08:47:32 pm »

The point of a tracker is to watch a player and see who they targeted. According to spiritbears, now a confirmed town, you targeted no one N0. I have no idea whether you CAN target a player or not -- all I know is that you DIDN'T N0.

This is correct, raerae.  You were outed as not targeting anyone N0 by now mod-confirmed/dead spiritbears.  SB's claim + mod-confirmed role + mod-confirmed role/item interaction rules means you targeted no one.  Doesn't mean we know your role.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: July 01, 2013, 08:48:28 pm »

I don't think we're going to be able to get a lynch (or no lynch) by soft deadline tonight in ~ 14 minutes.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: July 01, 2013, 08:48:40 pm »

Unvote

Nothing.  Error.

You get a couple for this mixup, too.  This reeks of starting at the conclusion and then looking for the evidence.

That's fine.  I am convinced EFHW is scum, and everything that I read her post (or think are her posts) will read as scum manipulation.

Turns out it was raerae manipulating TA's post that time.  The premise was correct, if not the target.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: July 01, 2013, 08:49:08 pm »

re: X's plan: I believe that we let him go through with it (aka give him some pen and paper), but we don't no lynch today.

The no lynch inconsistancy with EFHW is weird, and with the other things ash has put together, I think it's enough for a D1 vote: efhw

? Explanation? First part or second part? What about it is scummy?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: July 01, 2013, 08:49:34 pm »

I don't think we're going to be able to get a lynch (or no lynch) by soft deadline tonight in ~ 14 minutes.

As mentioned previously, I'll be VLA after today until Sunday.  I don't see me moving my vote, though.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: July 01, 2013, 08:49:56 pm »

I think it is OMGUS on EFHW's part.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: July 01, 2013, 08:51:19 pm »

2nd part.  Can you list what you think Ash has put together?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: July 01, 2013, 08:55:40 pm »

Want to lynch: xeiron

Would lynch: ahoppy ashersky mail-mi

Would lynch if no lynch was only other option: everyone else

But I really prefer the xerion lynch

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: July 01, 2013, 08:56:07 pm »

Unvote

Whether you were right or not in the end, that is still a clear contradiction.  If I were to dumb down that post to one sentence, this is how it would read, "I believe him but he wasn't telling the truth."
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 83  All

Page created in 2.303 seconds with 21 queries.