Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 83  All

Author Topic: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Plagiarists Win!)  (Read 195984 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Day 1 Start!)
« Reply #1425 on: July 03, 2013, 01:21:44 pm »

I've read the case on Eevee and his "that's just how I play as town" defense and I will vote: Eevee because I like the case, don't like the defense, and he's closest to being lynched.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: July 03, 2013, 01:25:13 pm »

If we're going to lynch, I would like Xeiron's reads before the lynch happens

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: July 03, 2013, 01:25:56 pm »

I just want to say I think I'm a terrible day 1 lynch*, I think you should know better, and I hope people making this happen will be scrutinized tomorrow. Although, I think there is a good chance the scum team is like shraeye-theorel or whatever and the alternative wagons wouldnt have been on scum either.

*How I've played is not how you should expect me to play scum nor is it scummy in a vacuum, plus I have potential to be very useful later.

L-1 though, should I claim? I doubt it makes anyone to change their mind, seems you are all thinking "well this day needs to end and Eevee could be scum eh whatever" which is a bit frustrating. I sent an item to someone last night, should I claim the person / the item?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: July 03, 2013, 01:35:50 pm »

I just want to say I think I'm a terrible day 1 lynch*, I think you should know better, and I hope people making this happen will be scrutinized tomorrow. Although, I think there is a good chance the scum team is like shraeye-theorel or whatever and the alternative wagons wouldnt have been on scum either.

*How I've played is not how you should expect me to play scum nor is it scummy in a vacuum, plus I have potential to be very useful later.

L-1 though, should I claim? I doubt it makes anyone to change their mind, seems you are all thinking "well this day needs to end and Eevee could be scum eh whatever" which is a bit frustrating. I sent an item to someone last night, should I claim the person / the item?
Wait for claim to hammer.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: July 03, 2013, 01:42:14 pm »

I'm surprised no one's had anything to say about SB's wagon and the opinions on it. I think it's useful information that we should absolutely be using, analyze it people!
Can you pull something together, or at least point us to the relevant sections of the thread?  I feel like I have my hands full as it is.
#1252 (wow)
Just reading your post, I thought, yeah, Eevee and Ash look scummy.  But I decided to go back and look at the actual thread, and your summary leaves out a couple posts that weaken the cases against them a bit.  My post numbers are approximate, as usual.  #448 Ash says he would lynch sb and #456 Eevee says sb is scummy.  So they didn't start out with townreads.  Later when Eevee defends sb he is saying your case isn't strong, but doesn't actually say he thinks sb is town.  When Ash says "sb is looking towny in all this" he's referring to the conflict with you, and that's after three prompts by Eevee, the first two of which he evaded.  It's 300 posts later when they say they have null reads on him.  So they are both mostly non-committal, I'd say, more than contradictory.

Don't get me wrong, I still think there's lots of evidence against Eevee, and maybe even Ashersky, but your summary was incomplete and therefore a bit misleading.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: July 03, 2013, 01:48:48 pm »

You say you aren't being scummy, but then why haven't you ever given a reason that wasn't about Ashersky for your vote on me and your keeping your vote there?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: July 03, 2013, 01:49:30 pm »

Wait until hammer intent, Eevee.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: July 03, 2013, 01:54:21 pm »

I'm surprised no one's had anything to say about SB's wagon and the opinions on it. I think it's useful information that we should absolutely be using, analyze it people!
Can you pull something together, or at least point us to the relevant sections of the thread?  I feel like I have my hands full as it is.
#1252 (wow)
Just reading your post, I thought, yeah, Eevee and Ash look scummy.  But I decided to go back and look at the actual thread, and your summary leaves out a couple posts that weaken the cases against them a bit.  My post numbers are approximate, as usual.  #448 Ash says he would lynch sb and #456 Eevee says sb is scummy.  So they didn't start out with townreads.  Later when Eevee defends sb he is saying your case isn't strong, but doesn't actually say he thinks sb is town.  When Ash says "sb is looking towny in all this" he's referring to the conflict with you, and that's after three prompts by Eevee, the first two of which he evaded.  It's 300 posts later when they say they have null reads on him.  So they are both mostly non-committal, I'd say, more than contradictory.

Don't get me wrong, I still think there's lots of evidence against Eevee, and maybe even Ashersky, but your summary was incomplete and therefore a bit misleading.

Looking back, you're right. I glossed over Ash's reads (wasn't looking for anything on SB over there), but not sure how I missed #456.

I think when Eevee says "this has all the makings of a mislynch!" that's pretty clearly implying that he thinks SB is town. Town get mislynched, scum don't get mislynched.

I interpreted Ash saying "SB looks towny in all of this" in relation to Scum!Eevee defending SB, since scum!eevee would know SB would flip town, and that as a result of "this" SB looks towny. So I think that was in relation to Eevee, not in relation to me.

So even if Eevee thought SB was scummy initially, there was a point after that where he thought SB had all the makings of a clear mislynch (which I think can't be interpreted as anything other than a town read on SB), then eventually changed that to a null read. Same with AShersky.

It probably weakens the scumminess that I get on Eevee and Ashersky, but it still does show their opinions on SB changing despite SB's views and arguments not changing at all (the case remained the same, SB's defense was largely the same post after post, yet eventually the reads of Eevee and Ashersky, at some point, went from "yeah he's towny / this is a mislynch" to "I'm not against this lynch"

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: July 03, 2013, 01:55:32 pm »

Eevee, out of the people on your wagon, who do you find scummiest (for hopping on the wagon, regardless of what you thought of them before).

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: July 03, 2013, 02:17:47 pm »

You say you aren't being scummy, but then why haven't you ever given a reason that wasn't about Ashersky for your vote on me and your keeping your vote there?
I have. I would have already unvoted if I didn't feel like you are scrambling to paint me as scummy, and honestly maybe I'm keeping my vote on you only because I'm frustrated and don't like any of the bigger wagons, but the reason was you no defending yourself in a towny way when ash was heavy pressuring you. Looked like a classic "scum caught for the wrong feelings" reaction.

Honestly, I think you are lynching me for scumhunting in my own way, for the lack of a better target.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: July 03, 2013, 02:22:59 pm »

Vote Count 1.16
EFHW (2) ashersky, Eevee
Eevee (6) EFHW, AHoppy, theorel, Twistedarcher, chairs, mail-mi
AHoppy (2) shraeye, raerae
No Lynch (1) xeiron

Not Voting: (1) nkirbit

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch
6 to no-lynch

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: July 03, 2013, 02:23:17 pm »

I do not like the lynch alternatives right now, so I will try to start a new one by vote: mail-mi.

Why mail-mi is scum:

I think mail-mi plays to "safe" by always providing a "way out" when he votes.
Here is all of mail-mi's votes, excluding rvs.

I would really like to hear from Eevee And theorel

Vote: eevee

Here he votes eevee, but makes sure he can unvote later as sonn as eevee starts posting anything towny.

As for my successful tracking of scum!mcmc in Mean Girls, nothing wrong with being proud to have played well as town previously when I'm town again.
I think ash's gloating about his successful fake claim in Mean Girls is scum!ash trying to get into our heads. Also, it's annoying. vote: ash

He makes a small case on Ashersky (Ash trying to get into our heads with Mean Girls bragging), but he adds that it is anoying so that he later can say "Oh, Ash is towny, I voted because he was annoying" or something like that should he ever need to change his ash-scumread to a townread.

Quote from: mail-mi
vote: eevee
Why the scumread on me, mail-mi? Just me not posting enough, or something else too?
Not posting enough, and what ash said, and you just feel off this game.

I find his reasons to vote eevee a bit to easy.

I think I'm gonna reread someone. Suggestions?

Okay, I'm going to reread xeiron and all of his 9 whopping posts.

(long post that I have left out)

Now, I know xeiron always looks scummy. But 9 posts in 27 pages?!?!?!?! And I think the scummy outweighs the towny, and he really needs to get back here. vote: xeiron.

And then we have this part where Mail-mi ask for who he should reread, choses me, and then conveniently finds me scummy enough to vote. This is scummy by its own, and when he votes he adds "and he really needs to get back here." so that he can use "unvote now that xeiron is back." if I should start to post a lot of towny posts.

re: X's plan: I believe that we let him go through with it (aka give him some pen and paper), but we don't no lynch today.

The no lynch inconsistancy with EFHW is weird, and with the other things ash has put together, I think it's enough for a D1 vote: efhw

He here says " I think it's enough for a D1 vote". Leaves open possibilities to both push EFHW further and to withdraw later with a "But I never really liked the EFHW lynch wery much" whichever would be more convenient.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: July 03, 2013, 02:26:57 pm »

I've read the case on Eevee and his "that's just how I play as town" defense and I will vote: Eevee because I like the case, don't like the defense, and he's closest to being lynched.

Mail-mi is still providing a mislynch-excuse with "But we needed a lynch and eevee was closest.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: July 03, 2013, 02:29:45 pm »

I didn't realize efhw had died like that.

Vote: mailmi, xeiron seems towny for not including mailmi's always scummy rvs, and i got to lower my standards now that I'm on the chopping block. I guess I'm fine with ahoppy too.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: July 03, 2013, 02:31:16 pm »

I didn't realize efhw had died like that.

Vote: mailmi, xeiron seems towny for not including mailmi's always scummy rvs, and i got to lower my standards now that I'm on the chopping block. I guess I'm fine with ahoppy too.
Hm?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: July 03, 2013, 02:45:58 pm »

I think rvs is best used as a period where you can vote for even the flimsiest resembles of a reason. i dont like just truly randomly firing votes, although I'm realizing this is probably just me. I guess you are often at your most active in rvs is the main thing.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: July 03, 2013, 03:04:44 pm »

I have.
Please point it out.  I can't find it.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: July 03, 2013, 03:05:51 pm »

I see it was my non-towny defense.  That's what I need pointed out, then.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: July 03, 2013, 03:18:21 pm »

Actually, I hope people can refer back to my earlier posts to see the reasons for my vote and case on Eevee.  I don't want to get into a back and forth disputing each part of things he or I say.  I think I have addressed all the relevant issues and unless new ones come up, I'm going to leave it up to town to make their best decision at this point.

I have no idea re: mail-mi.  He's being thoroughly scummy, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything, unfortunately.  Earlier I said he was being scummy even for him, but in retrospect I think he's being typically scummy.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: July 03, 2013, 03:42:05 pm »

A couple of questions for you, Xeiron:

If you're so sure that scum falls among four people, why on earth would you want to no lynch? Assuming 3 scum, that's a 75% chance of success! If I thought I had a 75% chance of success, no way I'd ever be advocating not actually lynching someone!

If you're so sure of who's scum, what's the point of your plan?

Everytime you make a post like this, you just get more suspicious to me..I think you're town, but man, you are so certain about so many things that you just can't possibly be certain about.

Several of these townreads did appeared after I put forth my no-lynch play.
I guess you are right that I should start working towards lynching someone now.

I whish I could say you are wrong in the last sentence, but you may be right that I am more certain about this game than I am.
It should be fine for D1, and I will thoroughly reconsider all my reads and assumtions in when D2 starts to make sure I wont play this game misguided.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: July 03, 2013, 03:50:51 pm »

Mail-mi is still providing a mislynch-excuse with "But we needed a lynch and eevee was closest.

I read this and the post you made immediately prior.  Bravo, I say.  I really like your overall read on thins, you pointed out something that I didn't immediately notice.  This also intrigues me in conjunction with this post from EFHW:
Actually, I hope people can refer back to my earlier posts to see the reasons for my vote and case on Eevee.  I don't want to get into a back and forth disputing each part of things he or I say.  I think I have addressed all the relevant issues and unless new ones come up, I'm going to leave it up to town to make their best decision at this point.

I have no idea re: mail-mi.  He's being thoroughly scummy, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything, unfortunately.  Earlier I said he was being scummy even for him, but in retrospect I think he's being typically scummy.

Do you think that EFHW's insistence on eevee could be considered scum trying to ensure the hammer on a mislynch?

unvote

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: July 03, 2013, 03:54:52 pm »

If you're so sure that scum falls among four people, why on earth would you want to no lynch? Assuming 3 scum, that's a 75% chance of success! If I thought I had a 75% chance of success, no way I'd ever be advocating not actually lynching someone!

Everytime you make a post like this, you just get more suspicious to me..I think you're town, but man, you are so certain about so many things that you just can't possibly be certain about.

I whish I could say you are wrong in the last sentence, but you may be right that I am more certain about this game than I am.
It should be fine for D1, and I will thoroughly reconsider all my reads and assumtions in when D2 starts to make sure I wont play this game misguided.

In the meantime, can you please explain your reads? Every single one of them?

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: July 03, 2013, 03:58:31 pm »

no

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: July 03, 2013, 04:01:11 pm »

Do you think that EFHW's insistence on eevee could be considered scum trying to ensure the hammer on a mislynch?

unvote

I could be, but it could aslo be she have a genuine scumread on eevee.
I have a hard time telling.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: July 03, 2013, 04:04:54 pm »

no

Seriously??

Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 83  All

Page created in 2.272 seconds with 19 queries.