Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 83  All

Author Topic: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Plagiarists Win!)  (Read 195767 times)

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM8 Innovation Inc. (Day 1 Start!)
« Reply #1025 on: July 01, 2013, 03:48:20 pm »

Assuming there aren't 18 new pages again, I would be fine with the proposed deadline.  Would lynch TA, X, or chairs.  Seeing as how that chairs lynch just ain't gonna happen, I'm going with X for not voting for a null-read over a scumread. I'm going to bed now.  Then I'm going to work.  Then I'm going to pack.  So, let me just announce to the entire thread that I will be v/la for 18 to 20 hours.  I will update you on bathroom breaks as needed.

Vote: Xeiron

I had and still have no clear scumreads. That is why I did not vote.  This lack of scumreads is part of why I want to no-lynch ( the other part is that it enables more information later in the game)

The thing about the no lynch is that everyone else in the town loses information, since we have less flips and less wagons.  It may give you more information since the game goes on longer and apparently your role provides you information, but I'm not sure I'm willing to have one person have all the information that town has, especially when it's a player I find scummy.

So you are confirming for us that Xeiron is town?

No, I don't know that Xeiron is town.  That's why I'm uncomfortable with him having all the information.

If I knew Xeiron was a superpowerful unkillable player who can solve the game in a couple of nights, and I could actually confirm that, I would be all for his plan.  But I don't know that.  I'm saying that if we follow Xeiron's plan, no town other than Xeiron will have much information... therefore Xeiron will have all of town's information.

You're going to have the same problem with this, I suppose.

no town other than Xeiron (if Xeiron is town) will have much information... therefore Xeiron will have all of town's information (if he is town).  If he's not town, town has no information.  That's why I'm against this.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: July 01, 2013, 03:49:17 pm »

Nkirbit, I meant it in a "So you have more information on Xeiron's alignment" ie, you're scum kinda way!

Well, I don't.  Sorry to disappoint.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: July 01, 2013, 03:49:48 pm »

I'd actually be more open to no-lynch now that SB has been killed. I think it may be the most fair course of action for both town and scum, anyways..

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: July 01, 2013, 03:51:31 pm »

We shouldn't force xeiron into claimming anything.

Why not?
Why yes?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: July 01, 2013, 03:52:57 pm »

Ohhh, my bad. I the post so that he shared something with theorel as per his role pm (like a masonry), nevermind. Theorel is obviously as possible as anyone else still.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: July 01, 2013, 03:55:20 pm »

We shouldn't force xeiron into claimming anything.

Why not?
Why yes?

Normally, when a player has a role such as a cop or something, the reason for not claiming is because if they claimed, they will likely be Night Killed.

Here, Xeiron has said that he is not worried about being night killed, that he "will or have already taken care of this."  So that's one of the reasons that a player wouldn't claim gone.

If he claims, we certainly are able to better establish whether him claim is true or not.

Right now, I'm not buying his claim.  He didn't request pen and paper until he already was the main lynch target.  If he had such a good plan, why did he wait until he was under pressure to put it into motion?  Don't you come forward early day1 with the plan, at the point where you're the most believable? 

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: July 01, 2013, 03:58:01 pm »

unvote, wow that's a lot of stuff to look over. I'll have to think about xeiron's plan and I'll post about it later.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: July 01, 2013, 03:58:13 pm »

I think xeiron is best to evaluate whether he should claim or not. I'm skeptical about his plan being worth it..

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: July 01, 2013, 03:59:32 pm »

I'd actually be more open to no-lynch now that SB has been killed. I think it may be the most fair course of action for both town and scum, anyways..

I agree with this. Now we at parity so the no-lynch does not have as high opputuninty cost

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: July 01, 2013, 04:00:15 pm »

My guess is that it will only make you a bigger lynch target X...a sentiment I might agree with, since I'm not really down with your item request.  (I have no idea what you're trying to make)....

I am trying to make a communication device so that someone else will get my information and be able to carry out my plan in case I should die.
I am thinking about nightkills, but also on lynches in case some of you would like to lynch me to confirm that I am really town.

2) I'm not sure about your plan working. Basically, to me, it seems like you'd like to be able to send someone a message tomorrow night, and that telling someone your plan will allow it to work. Here are my misgivings, if you're town:

i) There's the chance of you being nightkilled

No problem. I will or have already taken care of this.

If you've already taken care of this, then why do you need the pen and paper?  How else were you planning to die if we don't lynch you today?

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: July 01, 2013, 04:03:10 pm »

My guess is that it will only make you a bigger lynch target X...a sentiment I might agree with, since I'm not really down with your item request.  (I have no idea what you're trying to make)....

I am trying to make a communication device so that someone else will get my information and be able to carry out my plan in case I should die.
I am thinking about nightkills, but also on lynches in case some of you would like to lynch me to confirm that I am really town.

2) I'm not sure about your plan working. Basically, to me, it seems like you'd like to be able to send someone a message tomorrow night, and that telling someone your plan will allow it to work. Here are my misgivings, if you're town:

If you've already taken care of this, then why do you need the pen and paper?  How else were you planning to die if we don't lynch you today?

The pen and paper are part of my plan. It might or might not be to deal with this point.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: July 01, 2013, 04:04:56 pm »

Just not buying Xeiron's plan.  Keeping my vote there.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: July 01, 2013, 04:07:21 pm »

Right now, I'm not buying his claim.  He didn't request pen and paper until he already was the main lynch target.  If he had such a good plan, why did he wait until he was under pressure to put it into motion?  Don't you come forward early day1 with the plan, at the point where you're the most believable?

I made my plan late day1, and came out with it as soon as I had thought things through, and then thought it through one more time as I do not want to repeat shakespeare.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: July 01, 2013, 04:07:39 pm »

The pen and paper are part of my plan. It might or might not be to deal with this point.

So the pen and paper aren't for the communication device, then?  How were you planning on getting a communication device if you're planning on using the pen and paper elsewhere?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: July 01, 2013, 04:11:35 pm »

You clearly requested pen and paper, clearly stated you had interest in building a communication device so you could share your plan should you be killed, clearly stated you weren't worried about being killed at night, and did not request any other way to make a communication device.  You have never requested any other tools that would help you build a communication device.  It's just coming together a little oddly for me.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: July 01, 2013, 04:12:52 pm »

Nkirbit, you don't believe his plan, but you still think he's scummy? This is literally the exact same thing we saw in Shakespeare and we lynched him for...

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: July 01, 2013, 04:14:35 pm »

Another point -- we know that paper exists, because Chairs claimed it.

But what evidence do we have that pen exists in this game? Xeiron is claiming it does, and asking for it, but have we seen this brought up in thread yet? If he's asking for it, it's definitely not his item, but he claims to know, or at least think, that it exists.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: July 01, 2013, 04:18:15 pm »

Another point -- we know that paper exists, because Chairs claimed it.

But what evidence do we have that pen exists in this game? Xeiron is claiming it does, and asking for it, but have we seen this brought up in thread yet? If he's asking for it, it's definitely not his item, but he claims to know, or at least think, that it exists.

Pen has not been brought up in-thread.
I might or might not have more reason than the rest of you to believe it exists.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: July 01, 2013, 04:19:26 pm »

You clearly requested pen and paper, clearly stated you had interest in building a communication device so you could share your plan should you be killed, clearly stated you weren't worried about being killed at night, and did not request any other way to make a communication device. 

Correct

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: July 01, 2013, 04:20:08 pm »

Nkirbit, you don't believe his plan, but you still think he's scummy? This is literally the exact same thing we saw in Shakespeare and we lynched him for...

Yeah, it is.  And it's possible that's what's going on.  There are differences, though.  In Shakespeare, he made an unpressured half claim when he said one of Sudgy, TA, and Eevee were likely scum (I believe it was those 3).  He didn't make any unpressured claim here.

I agree that it's possible that he's town here, and this is the same story.  But I'm very worried about the inconsistencies in his plan.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: July 01, 2013, 04:22:29 pm »

Yeah, it is.  And it's possible that's what's going on.  There are differences, though.  In Shakespeare, he made an unpressured half claim when he said one of Sudgy, TA, and Eevee were likely scum (I believe it was those 3).  He didn't make any unpressured claim here.

I agree that it's possible that he's town here, and this is the same story.  But I'm very worried about the inconsistencies in his plan.

I agree, but the inconsistencies don't seem to be lies, just rather large jumps in logic...which mimics Shakespeare.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: July 01, 2013, 04:28:06 pm »

I agree, but the inconsistencies don't seem to be lies, just rather large jumps in logic...which mimics Shakespeare.

Yes, but in Shakespeare, the jumps were entirely in set up information.  Here's what we know about Xeiron so far:

1) He believes he has a way of stopping himself from being NKed.
2) He believes he has a way of knowing specific items are likely in the game.
3) He believes that given a couple of days, he can give us positive cop results, or something like that.
4) He believes he has a way of making sure his message reaches town and not scum
5) He believes he has a way of making sure others can execute his plan even if he dies.

He's claiming a lot of information and a lot of powers.  In Shakespeare, he was claiming exclusively about information.  I think that is a significant difference.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: July 01, 2013, 04:29:47 pm »

True, and I can assure you that I have double-checked my logic this time.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: July 01, 2013, 04:35:53 pm »

I can't wait for raerae to come here and comment on all this claiming.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: July 01, 2013, 04:37:29 pm »

I can't wait for raerae to come here and comment on all this claiming.

She HAS been gone awhile. Is she V/LA?
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 83  All

Page created in 1.856 seconds with 19 queries.