Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 80  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXV: Mean Girls (Fourth Quarter)  (Read 200446 times)

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXV: Mean Girls (First Day of School! First Day of School!)
« Reply #500 on: May 19, 2013, 08:34:56 pm »

I quoted the entirely wrong post by ash.  Hold on.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 19, 2013, 08:35:40 pm »

Ashersky is correct, spiritbears. Scum always have a qt.

I very much doubt that this was anything other than a mistake though, ash. In fact, I think it's a genuine mistake, which means he has no knowledge that scum have a qt. What does that make him? Town. He's town, you retaliator!
A solid point which I think is more likely to be written by town. I've been quoting more of robz's posts than anyone else, not sure why.
Vote: spiritbears, for obvious reasons.
a weird thing to do as scum. He explains later it was partially to gauge reactions, partially serious.

I noticed this bit about Robz in liopoil's re-read.  I bolded the important bits.  Basically, Robz points out a very good reason for why sb could be town.  Pretty valid point.  Later in the day (5 hours later, not long enough to forget, I'd say), he votes sb for "obvious reasons" which were I think based on being anti-town.  But just earlier in the day, he was pointing out why sb is probably town.

That's pretty scummy.

This is a fairly convincing argument, and I think robz's is by a decent amount to likeliest to flip scum, between this and the initial confusion with the rules.

Vote: Robz

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 19, 2013, 08:36:00 pm »

PPE: I'm not so sure about that being scripted, but it is weird that mail-mi said he wouldn't vote robz but then did.

I think it's weirder because of this series of things:

1) mail-mi says Robz is his biggest scum read
2) mail-mi says he won't vote for Robz even though #1
3) Robz888 votes mail-mi randomly in a post about Eevee
4) Robz888 jokes about how he sheep voted mail-mi for sheeping
5) mail-mi votes Robz in a clear OMGUS -- not for Robz being scummy or his top scum read

That sequence of events just feels unnatural.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: May 19, 2013, 08:41:01 pm »

It's only possible that this sequence was scripted if they were BOTH scum. Even though that does seem like a plausible scenario, I doubt both are scum, simply because this is D1 and we don't have much info. Besides, Mail-mi and robz were scumpartners before! Although, it would make sense that mail-mi might pick robz.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 19, 2013, 08:45:04 pm »

Now, that scumpair is more likely in my mind than most others, but that's still gotta be very unlikely.

the things on robz are adding up though:

- weird play this game, highlighted by yuma.
- likely to be chosen by scum
- the sequence ashersky pointed out
- flip on spiritbears
- not knowing scum chose partners, but knowing we don't know what PRs there are.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 19, 2013, 08:49:04 pm »

Argh made a post about robz on mobile and somehow lost it. Please no quickhammering, I want to redo it but dont have time now. Later tonight probbly!

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 19, 2013, 08:53:31 pm »

hate it when that happens. He's only at L-2 I believe. (nkirbit voted twice). I expect ashersky will likely vote eventually, that'll be L-1. Eevee, is your post defending or accusing robz?

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 19, 2013, 09:10:22 pm »

I might vote Robz, but he's getting close to being lynched now so not yet.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 19, 2013, 09:40:42 pm »

Looks like Robz is a candidate for lynching.  He's got a number of votes, plus a few stated intents.  Anything to say, Robz?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 19, 2013, 10:08:36 pm »

Anyway, I'm not going to vote Robz (even though he is my highest scum read mostly for the setup speculation inconsistency and lurking before VLA) because he is on VLA.
See the above posts, in chronological order.  Does anyone else feel like that's scripted or forced?  It's like an interaction that had no reason to take place, but they both wanted it to be on the record opposing each other.  Who does that in a mafia game?  Oh right, mafia.

I will say on the part about mail-mi that the reason mail-mi gives for not voting Robz is because he is VLA. But then robz comes back and makes a post, so he is no longer VLA? So then, mail-mi doesn't have that reason anymore so he can then vote and does. That is how I saw it at least.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: May 19, 2013, 10:14:35 pm »

PPE: I'm not so sure about that being scripted, but it is weird that mail-mi said he wouldn't vote robz but then did.
Because I thought his vote on me then subsequent post was very scummy. And no, my vote was not meant to be an OMGUS
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: May 19, 2013, 10:16:45 pm »

Anyway, I'm not going to vote Robz (even though he is my highest scum read mostly for the setup speculation inconsistency and lurking before VLA) because he is on VLA.
See the above posts, in chronological order.  Does anyone else feel like that's scripted or forced?  It's like an interaction that had no reason to take place, but they both wanted it to be on the record opposing each other.  Who does that in a mafia game?  Oh right, mafia.

I will say on the part about mail-mi that the reason mail-mi gives for not voting Robz is because he is VLA. But then robz comes back and makes a post, so he is no longer VLA? So then, mail-mi doesn't have that reason anymore so he can then vote and does. That is how I saw it at least.
And this also.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 19, 2013, 10:18:03 pm »

Mail-mi, you said previously that the only reason you weren't voting for him already was that he was V/LA. why did that matter to you and why did you decide that didn't matter anymore?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 19, 2013, 10:19:20 pm »

Mail-mi, you said previously that the only reason you weren't voting for him already was that he was V/LA. why did that matter to you and why did you decide that didn't matter anymore?
Because I didnt want him quick lunched before he got back, but then he came back with a super scummy post, so I voted.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 19, 2013, 10:20:47 pm »

Because I didnt want him quick lunched before he got back, but then he came back with a super scummy post, so I voted.

He wasn't close to being lynched back then.  Not sure what you were worried about.  Losing a partner?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 19, 2013, 10:26:20 pm »

He wasn't close to being lynched back then.  Not sure what you were worried about.  Losing a partner?

Really. Who would choose me as a partner? Did you even see me in the Ninjas game? I suck at scum.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 19, 2013, 10:27:59 pm »

Really. Who would choose me as a partner? Did you even see me in the Ninjas game? I suck at scum.

I'm sorry, but this just screams as scummy to me.  Vote: mail-mi.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: May 19, 2013, 10:28:52 pm »

You could easily be the one choosing.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 19, 2013, 10:44:53 pm »

This:

and this:

You could easily be the one choosing.

vote: mail-mi  Really, that was almost scumslip territory.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 19, 2013, 11:15:14 pm »

"Hi, April!  Did you get some work done this weekend?  Don't worry, tomorrow is only Monday and Chapter One isn't due until Friday, you still have time."

Vote Count 1.8
mail-mi (4): Eevee, Robz888, sudgy, ashersky
Robz (5): yuma, mail-mi, liopoil, spiritbears, nkirbit
liopoil (1): mcmcsalot

Not voting: modestguineapig, AHoppy

With 12 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 11:50:44 pm by raerae »

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 19, 2013, 11:20:44 pm »

I think you already were. Anyway, sorry I'm not too much into this game, I inned at the last moment when I really shouldn't have.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: May 19, 2013, 11:31:56 pm »

Oops, sorry, I didn't think about that because I thought about voting Robz.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 19, 2013, 11:49:07 pm »

Okay, so the thing about Robz is, for him the inconsistencies and unrefined play is just disinterested townie. I see the case against him, I really do, but he has been mislynched like this so often. Have we ever nailed scum Robz day 1? Of course he could be scum and banking on someone to say this but man, intentionally appearing scummy as scum to look towny is just so far-fetched he deserves it if that's the case.

So, much like in bankers beware the scummy Jimmm we were seeing was not the scum Jimmm I know, this isnt the scum Robz I know. I dont know if its everyone rallying against him all of a sudden or what, but this now reminds me of Robz in mafia noir. Annoingly scummy, but town.

I like the mail-mi lynch better. We caught him for "obvious scum play" once already, so while the case on Robz is similar, I think the same behavior is a MUCH bigger scumtell for mail-mi.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 20, 2013, 03:02:14 am »

Okay, so the thing about Robz is, for him the inconsistencies and unrefined play is just disinterested townie. I see the case against him, I really do, but he has been mislynched like this so often. Have we ever nailed scum Robz day 1? Of course he could be scum and banking on someone to say this but man, intentionally appearing scummy as scum to look towny is just so far-fetched he deserves it if that's the case.

So, much like in bankers beware the scummy Jimmm we were seeing was not the scum Jimmm I know, this isnt the scum Robz I know. I dont know if its everyone rallying against him all of a sudden or what, but this now reminds me of Robz in mafia noir. Annoingly scummy, but town.

I like the mail-mi lynch better. We caught him for "obvious scum play" once already, so while the case on Robz is similar, I think the same behavior is a MUCH bigger scumtell for mail-mi.

Correct, except I don't think I'm being that bad sheesh!

Mail-mi looks like a fine and useful lynch.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: May 20, 2013, 08:27:17 am »

Wine + whisky = AMA.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 80  All

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 21 queries.