Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Does rating affect the card draw in multiplayer games?  (Read 1592 times)

radiopenguins

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Does rating affect the card draw in multiplayer games?
« on: February 15, 2014, 07:49:23 pm »

Hello! Yes this is my first post here, as I am trying to settle the score with my friend with whom I've been playing Dominion online.

So I believe the rating system affects how the play happens in the AI games. So as my rating goes up, playing the bots becomes more difficult, correct?

Does the same hold true for multiplayer games? I have searched and searched and cannot find the answer.  So for example, if I have a rating of 2500 and I play against two people with a rating of 1300, is the card draw skewed against me? Or is it completely random?  I've been losing games consistently it seems even though i thought I've had the same cards as my two friends/regular opponents, so I insist that my higher rating must be affecting the draw. 

Thanks in advanced!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Does rating affect the card draw in multiplayer games?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 08:00:42 pm »

It's completely random and the bots aren't becoming any more difficult either (you can see the bots' ratings, some bots are better than others and you can obviously choose to play against a more "skilled" bot when you're more skilled yourself). But in a game with three people, it's worth noting that you're supposed to win only about 1/3 of the time, so most of the time you will lose.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

radiopenguins

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 08:09:11 pm »

Awwww, guess I can't use that excuse. Well thank you for the response!

Holger

• Minion
  • Respect: +468
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 08:33:03 pm »
+2

It's completely random and the bots aren't becoming any more difficult either (you can see the bots' ratings, some bots are better than others and you can obviously choose to play against a more "skilled" bot when you're more skilled yourself). But in a game with three people, it's worth noting that you're supposed to win only about 1/3 of the time, so most of the time you will lose.

I think when you start a "Play Bots" game from the start page, Goko automatically chooses the bot whose rating is closest to yours. So bots would seem to become stronger until you surpass the best one (rating ~4000).

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2014, 11:02:14 pm »
+1

I think there is the serf bot for beginners and the serf bot is almost entirely random in its purchases. The other bots always play to their constant strategy (even though it can look different if you repeat a kingdom just due to different coins from each hand).
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 21 queries.