Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Games > Players  (Read 1061 times)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
Games > Players
« on: May 08, 2013, 07:14:25 pm »

Have we gotten to a point where there are too many mods with games, but not enough players to play the games? I'm starting to think this is the case with 5 games (SOC, Inno Inc, MMM, Shakespeare, MG) open for signups and only one game ongoing. Does anyone else think this, or do you think that everything is just fine?

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Games > Players
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 07:20:33 pm »

I do kinda agree. I think it's more that a lot of the vets have been leaving, the ones who would play in lots of games. New people are coming in as well, but as for now they are likely not going to sign up for very many games at once.

Maybe one of the the RMM games should close sign-ups until some of the others have started?

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 07:31:03 pm »

I do kinda agree. I think it's more that a lot of the vets have been leaving, the ones who would play in lots of games. New people are coming in as well, but as for now they are likely not going to sign up for very many games at once.

Maybe one of the the RMM games should close sign-ups until some of the others have started?
Yeah I've been trying to shift signups to all three of the games instead of having to shut all but one down, but if that would be what's needed I'd be willingly to put my game on the back-burner.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 07:36:04 pm »

well, not shut down, just move back until later. basically, kick everyone out, say "go find a different game!" then open it back up later. basically, it would become the first game in the upcoming games queue.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 07:38:23 pm »

Yeah I've been trying to shift signups to all three of the games instead of having to shut all but one down, but if that would be what's needed I'd be willingly to put my game on the back-burner.

I don't think closing two out of three RMMs would help one fill at this point.  A quick look at the three tells us there's only two or three players that aren't signed up for two or three of them anyway.

I think lio's note that vets have slowed down is a big part of it -- I mean, Robz isn't signed up for any of the three RMMs, when before he was an auto /in.  I think Eevee and I are the only vets that are auto /ins for all games at this point, and I skipped Grujah's game since I wasn't needed.  The lack of Robz/Galz/joth/Captain_Frisk/insom/yuma/shraeye/mcmc from many of these games for various reasons (yuma doesn't play RMM, for example--not a criticism, just a notation) has reduced the player pool.

We've got new blood who are taking slots and are quickly becoming veterans themselves, but I'm not sure it's enough.  We'll see.  We've gone through slow periods before, and rebounded.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 07:38:58 pm »

well, not shut down, just move back until later. basically, kick everyone out, say "go find a different game!" then open it back up later. basically, it would become the first game in the upcoming games queue.

We discussed the idea of limiting the number of games that are open for sign-up, but generally decided against it, because we like to offer variety, and not everyone is into the same types of games.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 08:12:10 pm »

okay. Well, two games still ended recently, let's see what happens.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.418 seconds with 20 queries.