Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Request: Governor  (Read 2927 times)

elahrairah13

• Spy
  • Respect: +73
    • View Profile
Request: Governor
« on: May 21, 2013, 01:45:25 pm »

Governor is discussed a lot because it's so powerful, but a lot of the threads about it are people who are struggling to optimize their play.

Even though it's only a promo, I think we'd be better off with an article on it for a centralized source of Governor info / strategy.

I am definitely not the person to write this, because I'm one of the people who wants to *read* it.

gman314

• Minion
  • Respect: +281
    • View Profile
Re: Request: Governor
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 01:52:58 pm »

There is already an article on Governor here.

elahrairah13

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 11:39:18 am »

Thanks. I did a brief forum search but obviously not a good enough one.
Thanks!

I think I've actually even read that before... wonder why it's not on the main site though? There's definitely room for more advanced analysis, but it seems like a great starting point...

gman314

• Minion
  • Respect: +281
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 11:50:51 am »

The main site just doesn't have the time to put all the articles from the forum up. They aim mostly for the best ones, which have received some decent editing from the rest of the community.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 12:01:28 pm »
+1

Yeah, I've been thinking of making some changes to that article. My own skills with the card has greatly increased since I wrote it.

The big thing I would change is that the +cards option isn't nearly as dangerous as I make it out to be. It's a bad thing to do if you have like a slog-type deck (which is actually the deck that Governor has the least business being in), but otherwise it really helps you get the most out of your Governors.

Also, the Double Governor trick (use Governor to turn a Silver into a Governor and buy a Governor) is a lot more common and useful than I first realized.

Also also, $4 non-terminals should quickly be preferred to Silver, because you'll get plenty of Silvers from your opponent's Governors, you aren't really trying to have a lot of cash anyway (just a lot of Golds), and the $4 terminals really help you Duchy block your opponent's victory rush. Throne Room is the king here, since it can basically just be another Governor, but also Caravan and even Spy can have a place in such a deck.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

elahrairah13

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 01:20:19 pm »

Yeah, following the thread it seems like the article is a good starting point, and the thread develops some, but then it peters out. Maybe it can be revived and finished?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.685 seconds with 21 queries.