Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: That one estate...  (Read 598 times)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2708
    • View Profile
That one estate...
« on: April 19, 2013, 02:39:34 pm »

(This was a rl game)

Notable kingdom cards: Duke, Duchess, Conspirator, Scheme, Morgrim (Haggler), Inn, Masquerade

My brother went for the Dukes (with the Duchess) and I thought with the Schemes, the Haggler for faster card gaining, and the Masquerade for trashing (with the Inn for the +2 Actions), I could set up a pretty reliable Conspirator engine and get all eight provinces before he got too many Dukes/Duchies (I didn't feel like going Duchy/Duke, I had just done it a couple games before).  I set it up pretty quickly, used the schemes to make sure I always started being able to set off the conspirators.  The Masquerade of course was passing random Estates and Coppers, and I was trashing every time with it.  I was preparing a little more than usual because I had to get all eight Provinces, then realized that with the Haggler and the trashing, I could still go fine after greening.  On the last turn I still played the Masquerade, and we both passed a Copper.  When I bought the last Province, he said he had an Estate in his hand that he didn't pass me with the Masquerade (and he almost did).  Then he won by one point...
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 21 queries.