Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: A New Problem  (Read 915 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3391
    • View Profile
A New Problem
« on: April 17, 2013, 02:26:12 am »
+3

When any opponent quits, the game ends. The guy who quit gets last. Fine. Good.

But this creates multiplayer problems! It looks to me like the non-quitting players are scored as if the game ended naturally: whoever has the most points (and didn't quit) wins. Either that or it's a tie between all non-quitting players; I can't actually tell, since the box just says "Opponent Quit" and puts that opponent last no matter his score.

Either is problematic. The game should simply continue without the quitting player.

In the game I just played, my opponents both played terribly. They went Counting House Big Money??? Anyway, it gave me PLENTY of time to set up my Madmen/Goons engine. Mwahaha. I executed it once, picked up 30 points, and then set up to execute it again. Well, AS I was executing it the second time, one of my opponents quit, and the game ended in the middle of my turn. (Which sucked for me, because I had just played 6 Goons! Think of the VP!). Thankfully, I still had the most points, but just barely.

So this is a problem.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

math

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: math
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
Re: A New Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 03:38:15 am »

Yes, I have had this same thing happen in my games.  It is very annoying, especially when you thought you were going to win.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 21 queries.