Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Two Rooms and a Boom II (cancelled)  (Read 2053 times)

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
Two Rooms and a Boom II (cancelled)
« on: April 15, 2013, 07:31:30 pm »

Rules & Roles: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i3tazx052osyx3t/2R1B%20-%20Rulebook%203.5.pdf

Two Rooms and a Boom is a party game for 6+ people of all ages. Lying encouraged.

In Two Rooms and a Boom, a social deduction, hidden roles game, there are two teams: the Red Team and the Blue Team. The Blue Team has a President. The Red Team has a Bomber. Players are equally distributed between two rooms (separate playing areas). The game consists of 5 timed rounds. At the end of each round, some players will be traded into opposing rooms. If the Red Team’s Bomber is in the same room as the President at the end of the game, then the Red Team wins. Otherwise the Blue Team wins.
BGG description

This will be the second PBF Two Rooms and a Boom (or, 2R1B for short) on F:DS. This game will try to be slightly more exciting and complex than the first, but still simple enough for new players to join. I suggest reading the rules link above to understand how the game works.

Important PBF changes

Bold Text: The use of bold text is reserved for game actions. If you feel you must emphasise a point, use underline, larger text or something else.

Voting: Because of the asymetrical nature of PBF, some changes are needed (or at least desired) to make the voting work more smoothly. This is how room leaders will be elected: Anyone may bold a vote for a person, including themselves e.g. Vote Tables. If a person ever gets a majority of votes, they become leader (if there was already a leader, they take leadership. If there was no leader, they become the first leader). You may remove your vote my bolding Unvote or anything similar, and may change your vote as many times as you like.

If no leader is elected in a room by the end of R1, then plurality rule decides the first leader (the person with the most votes). If this still doesn't give a unique winner, then the first among those tied to have received a vote from someone else becomes leader. If it is still tied at that point something has gone seriously wrong the first person to have voted for themselves becomes leader.

Whispering: In 2R1B you're allowed to quietly talk to other players. In PBF, this is done through whispering. As everyone can see you whispering to someone else, you must post in the thread Whisper X when you whisper to someone. After posting this message, send them a PM via the forums. Your Whispers may be any length, but you are limited to 5 whispers per day (this is to keep the time pressure up, and avoid penalising people heavily in different time zones who can't take part in a back-and-forth whisper conversation). You may whisper to multiple people at once, e.g. Whisper Tables, theory - if you do this, you must send them both the same PM, and it counts as only one of your whispers.

Revealing: You may publicly reveal either your colour, or your role, by putting them in bold, e.g. I am red or I am the Blue President. You must tell the truth if doing this. You may also privately reveal your role to someone - colour or full role. Like with Whispering, people see this happen - you should post Private full reveal to Tables or Private colour reveal to Tables when you want to do this, then send them a PM with your role (this is NOT a whisper in itself, but if you add any content to the PM, it would be, and you should also post that you're whispering that person). Finally, you can Co-reveal or co-colour reveal. If you wish to do this the other person must of course agree to it - you should bold the offer, e.g. Offer colour reveal to Tables. You can remove this offer later (but not after they accept it), by posting something like Revoke co-reveal offer with Tables. If someone makes an offer to you, accept it similarly, e.g. Accept co-colour reveal with theory.

Deadlines & Rooms: Each room will have a Quicktopic, which only the people in that room will have access to. Each round will last 24 hours. Ideally, the leader should have sent me a PM with the people he wants to send BEFORE the deadline. After this time, the room will be locked, and new rooms created. I'm thinking of setting the deadline time as around 10pm GMT (that's 2-5pm in the US, 11pm in Europe) - I think this is probably the best time for the majority of players. I can adjust a little either way though. I will also likely start on Sunday evening, meaning if we stick to schedule, the game will go through until Friday evening.

I think that's everything important.

Roles: Currently TBD. If there's anything important for these PBF wise, I'll add this here. It will depend on player count, but currently likely roles are:
President/Bomber (obviously)
Security
Nazi

Many others that seem easy enough for PBF are possibles, such as Agent, Informer, Mayor, Amnesiac, and the Moby/Ahab/Wife/Mistress block.

Current signups (5):
Liopoil
Grujah
mail-mi
EFHW
Archetype
Jimmmmm
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 08:26:58 pm by Tables »
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile

Happy to set up rooms and send out initial PM's once your ready
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile

/in

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile

/in if it has more roles/will be more chaotic/engaging that first.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile

yeah... maybe no vanillas?

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile

I think it might help to have a full mod - especially for the end of rounds.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile

/in if it has more roles/will be more chaotic/engaging that first.
yeah... maybe no vanillas?

Maybe not no vanillas, but hopefully it will be more chaotic, yes.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile

I think who's getting sent needs to not be announced in thread.  If I was running a room, I'd wait to see who the other room was sending before finalizing my decision.

So yes, the mod needs to do that sort of stuff.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile

/innnnnnn read the rules looks AWESOME!
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile

I think I want to sit out a game and see how this runs. But I'm happy to be a full mod if one is needed.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: Two Rooms and a Boom II (more roles, open for signups inc. new players)
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 11:19:59 pm »

/in

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 11:29:54 pm »

/in!

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 11:34:09 pm »

I think I'll aim for a start on Sunday evening. I might start things off a little earlier than 10pm (like, 6pm) because 10pm might clash with church (well, pub after).

So that's Sunday 6pm-ish for GMT, which is 10am-1pm in the US. But I expect the deadline to slip a little each day.

Edit: Twisted Archer: I appreciate the offer. I'm also interested in seeing how a game goes from the sidelines, but if you want I'll make you an informed observer.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 11:35:37 pm by Tables »

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 11:44:36 pm »

/in. Strongly suggest adding Neutral roles.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 11:52:03 pm »

/in. Strongly suggest adding Neutral roles.

Noted. There's a few groups that have been considered - probably one of: Ahab/Moby/Wife/Mistress, Amnesiac, Intern/Victim, Hot potato, and I'd also consider adding Rival/Survivor/Intern/Victim or Sniper/Target/Decoy to those options.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 11:59:42 pm »

Ah, I had assumed you wanted to play again. Informed observer it is, then, unless more numbers are desperately needed.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2013, 02:12:42 am »

No problemmo.

Although it was pretty boring to spectate I felt.
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 04:19:55 pm »

Well we don't have enough people to start today, so I'll say this: If we get to at least 8, I'll start next Sunday evening (GMT), otherwise I won't do the game.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2013, 09:08:03 pm »

I'm for having a pool of roles that won't all be used (i.e. semi-open setup).

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2013, 08:26:48 pm »

I don't think there's quite enough interest for this to work out well. I'm gonna call the game and cancel it, rather than running something utterly mediocre.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Two Rooms and a Boom II (cancelled)
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2013, 08:28:09 pm »

why not just leave this open? We have 6, 7 if tables plays...

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Two Rooms and a Boom II (cancelled)
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2013, 11:54:04 am »

It's been almost 2 weeks. I think that's long enough that people who have signed up might be unavailable if I did try to start. If interest builds up again, I can always re-open signups.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.999 seconds with 19 queries.