Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Interesting Times: fan expansion in development  (Read 2313 times)

zaratustra

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
Interesting Times: fan expansion in development
« on: April 11, 2013, 10:08:55 am »

An idea for an expansion. Feedback welcome

This expansion consists of junctures. Each is a ten-card deck with a specific condition. At the start of the game, each player receives a juncture at random: if the juncture's condition is filled, they may replace the highest age pile they can draw from with the juncture pile and immediately draw a card from it.

Special rules for the expansion:

Age X: Juncture cards have value X: their value is that of the card below theirs. (If there's no card below them or they're in the score pile, their value is 0.)

Eclipse: Some cards have an eclipse action. This action triggers when the card is in play and is then covered by another card (whether by having a card played atop it or by being tucked from play)

Black icons: These icons subtract 1 from the given symbol instead of adding 1. Some Plague juncture cards count the number of black icons visible.

All cards:

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3923260/junctures.png

Hideyoshi

• Baron
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Times: fan expansion in development
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 02:03:03 pm »

A good idea for this expansion, may get some fun. May I ask which one you want to add it, base/echoes/figures?

Just reading some condition cards, and it seems some of them are too easy, but some are quite impossible.

Conquest: too easy. If I start with clothes/metalworking, I may do so at age 1
Colonization: you mean there is no top cards? Well, I think this is too difficult for base set(except fission), but it is too easy for echoes... You just need to start with ice skates
Revolution: impossible for base set, as there is no demanding cards for blue cards
Depression: What do you mean by large value? You may say the range rather than reduce to 0

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 02:27:21 pm »
+1

Colonization: you mean there is no top cards? Well, I think this is too difficult for base set(except fission), but it is too easy for echoes... You just need to start with ice skates

No, he means five age decks have no cards in them.

Depression: What do you mean by large value? You may say the range rather than reduce to 0

A larger value than zero. Going from any value greater than zero, to zero.

zaratustra

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 03:51:12 pm »

Drab got both right.
I didn't notice the blue demand thing  :-[. I'll take that in mind.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.352 seconds with 20 queries.