Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: rude players?  (Read 3039 times)

ksasaki

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
rude players?
« on: April 10, 2013, 11:18:46 am »

I just played an echoes game against level 22 "palnog" and after we finished he said "F echoes and F your mother."  This has really been the first time I've ever been exposed to anything like it until now, and I was wondering if there was anywhere to "report" this or anything.  Should I just email dougz?

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
Re: rude players?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 11:23:26 am »

Ooh look, anoher one. You must be new here. Welcome!
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

DWetzel

• Conspirator
  • The Human Edge Case
  • Respect: +272
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 11:24:53 am »

Yeah, some people are just jerks.  I've had the same problems with him.  Don't sweat him, OP.  It's not you.  It's him.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 11:28:00 am »

I don't get it. Ksasaki has been a regular poster on this board for months. You know you can ignore the Innovation boards instead of making snarky comments everytime a post is made here, right?

As for the actualy topic here, I doubt there will be any official measures put in place. Nothing was done for Dominion. Generally, the bad eggs are few and far between so you can get by by either maintaining your own personal "blacklist" and avoiding people you don't like, or there is the ability to block chat messages from certain users with the /ignore <name> command (or is it /mute? I forget).

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 11:28:39 am »

It's mute, I believe.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 11:29:55 am »

I don't get it. Ksasaki has been a regular poster on this board for months. You know you can ignore the Innovation boards instead of making snarky comments everytime a post is made here, right?

As for the actualy topic here, I doubt there will be any official measures put in place. Nothing was done for Dominion. Generally, the bad eggs are few and far between so you can get by by either maintaining your own personal "blacklist" and avoiding people you don't like, or there is the ability to block chat messages from certain users with the /ignore <name> command (or is it /mute? I forget).

Morgrim's point was "Look, another person starting a blacklist thread."  Although if ksasaki had refrained from posting the person's name, the rest is all right, as it's just asking if there's any place to report it.  Which, as you indicated, there isn't.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 11:34:44 am »

Yes. Aren't there about a billion backlist threads already? And what percentageof them, TINAS, are locked?
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 11:37:35 am »

I would suggest emailing, but I think several people have emailed dougz about palnog already. 

For those of you that don't play Innovation, this guy is something else.  At least two people have complained that he set up scripts to spam invites to certain people, stopping them from playing.

But you know, we try not to permit blacklist threads on this forum.  Sorry.  Don't take it personally, ksasaki.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 01:24:29 pm »

As a followup, I think TINAS' post here is pretty correct:

Sorry for missing the intent of Morgrim's post. In my defense, this looks to me a whole lot like a "what can I do about bad people?" thread and not at all like a "let's make a list of bad people" thread. I'm not sure Ksasaki ever intended to create any sort of a public blacklist.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.171 seconds with 21 queries.