Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Forum Games moderation  (Read 1283 times)

theory

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
Forum Games moderation
« on: April 02, 2013, 03:49:13 pm »

I've decided to make Galzria and Robz888 "meta-moderators" of the Forum Games.  They have two main roles:

1) To organize this community: handling game queues, drafting meta-rules, etc. 

2) To be an "outside voice" when there are game issues that call for it.  Naturally, game moderators are expected to handle most of the basic problems that crop up during a game, but sometimes when things get out of hand, it is best addressed by talking it over with people outside of the game.

Feel free, therefore, to PM Galzria and/or Robz888 when you feel like you are having a problem with your game and want to talk to someone outside of the game.  Keep in mind that many forum games, by their very nature, involve players lying to and antagonizing each other.  But this is still no excuse for unwarranted hostility, or uncivility, or anything else that makes the game experience unfun.

In addition, if a game moderator feels like something in his or her game is getting out of hand, they should feel free to PM Galzria/Robz to help deal with the situation.

Of course, if Galzria/Robz are in your game and that makes things weird, feel free to reach out to me.  But I'm delegating the primary responsibility to them because I trust in their judgment and that they can help make Forum Games more fun for everyone involved.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Games moderation
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 03:59:02 pm »

Oh crap, does this mean I have to start being nice to them?!
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 06:18:15 pm »

Galzria is in many of my games, and he's really weird.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 06:19:01 pm »

Galzria is in many of my games, and he's really weird old.

FTFY

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 06:19:20 pm »

:-*
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 06:26:08 pm »

Weird isn't bad.   And can I appeal to you to "unblacklist" me please?
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 06:43:12 pm »

Oh no.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 11:56:18 pm »

I don't know where else to put this, so I guess I'll put it here.

I was about to write up a big long post of responses to stuff. And I realized what is the point? Instead I will just say this...

1. spiritbears I am deeply sorry that I offended you and made you feel unwelcome. That was not my intent from the beginning. It truly wasn't. But I do acknowledge that after frustration set in and my temper flared I lashed out, called you names and in many ways over-reacted.

2. you should know that I really wanted to be in a newbie game. I begged the mods to let me play. I really wanted that dynamic and looked forward to meeting new people and playing this game that I love so much. I am sorry that I made the game so personal. But sometimes things get personal and I feel that I have to respond to preserve my honor or dignity or something stupid like that... Either way I put myself over others and that wasn't kind of me.

3. however, I do not regret my "rage-quitting" as you call it. I quit because I was no longer having fun and because I was deeply offended by the impression that I was receiving favors from the mods. Perhaps that isn't what you intended to say. And it really doesn't matter. I am out of the game and am out of all games for a while, except for Robz's game.

4. I never asked any mod to black-list you. I am /outing of games irregardless of whether or not you are in them. Part of this is because I think you and I shouldn't play a game with each other for a short period of time. Eventually I would like to play a game with you again if you are willing. Part of this is because I need a mafia break... obviously.

5. I have asked a-birds to come back and finish the game. He has declined. He joined as a favor to me to get the game into day2 and really has no interest in playing mafia. He is busy in real life and as such won't be rejoining.

6. The only thing that I ask of you spiritbears is to be willing to consider accepting my apology and moving on from here. I also ask the rest of the forum to accept my apology and understand that I am taking a semi-break, but do hope to be back soonish... I would also ask spiritbears to move this discourse, if he feels that it needs to continue to private personal messages rather than displaying all of it for all the forum to see. If you want to continue this conversation I am willing, but honestly would rather move beyond it because it hasn't been the brightest moment of my life.

7. Again I apologize and hope you can forgive me and my actions, as well as my brothers, if they have offended you in any way shape or form. Please don't consider me a bully. I never wanted to be and if I was I was acting out of a perceived need to defend myself, which isn't a good excuse, but is the only one I have.

This ended up being longer than I wanted it to be... o well.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 12:25:48 am »

Apologies for being away for the last few hours; I had a work function that ran longer than I expected. I have just posted a Civility Pledge that theory, Galzria, and I believe all players should have no trouble adhering to.

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7695.new#new
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

spiritbears

• Salvager
    • View Profile
    • Spirit Bears on Bandcamp
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 08:59:32 am »

I don't know where else to put this, so I guess I'll put it here.

I was about to write up a big long post of responses to stuff. And I realized what is the point? Instead I will just say this...

1. spiritbears I am deeply sorry that I offended you and made you feel unwelcome. That was not my intent from the beginning. It truly wasn't. But I do acknowledge that after frustration set in and my temper flared I lashed out, called you names and in many ways over-reacted.

2. you should know that I really wanted to be in a newbie game. I begged the mods to let me play. I really wanted that dynamic and looked forward to meeting new people and playing this game that I love so much. I am sorry that I made the game so personal. But sometimes things get personal and I feel that I have to respond to preserve my honor or dignity or something stupid like that... Either way I put myself over others and that wasn't kind of me.

3. however, I do not regret my "rage-quitting" as you call it. I quit because I was no longer having fun and because I was deeply offended by the impression that I was receiving favors from the mods. Perhaps that isn't what you intended to say. And it really doesn't matter. I am out of the game and am out of all games for a while, except for Robz's game.

4. I never asked any mod to black-list you. I am /outing of games irregardless of whether or not you are in them. Part of this is because I think you and I shouldn't play a game with each other for a short period of time. Eventually I would like to play a game with you again if you are willing. Part of this is because I need a mafia break... obviously.

5. I have asked a-birds to come back and finish the game. He has declined. He joined as a favor to me to get the game into day2 and really has no interest in playing mafia. He is busy in real life and as such won't be rejoining.

6. The only thing that I ask of you spiritbears is to be willing to consider accepting my apology and moving on from here. I also ask the rest of the forum to accept my apology and understand that I am taking a semi-break, but do hope to be back soonish... I would also ask spiritbears to move this discourse, if he feels that it needs to continue to private personal messages rather than displaying all of it for all the forum to see. If you want to continue this conversation I am willing, but honestly would rather move beyond it because it hasn't been the brightest moment of my life.

7. Again I apologize and hope you can forgive me and my actions, as well as my brothers, if they have offended you in any way shape or form. Please don't consider me a bully. I never wanted to be and if I was I was acting out of a perceived need to defend myself, which isn't a good excuse, but is the only one I have.

This ended up being longer than I wanted it to be... o well.
Thank you Yuma.  I fully accept your apology, and hope you will accept mine as well. I thought we had a great game going an I'm sorry we couldn't finish it. I take everything that was said with a grain or two of salt and as just part of the game and don't hold any personal animus toward you or anyone else.  I deeply regret it getting out of hand and my part it that.
I'd be happy to try again when you feel like giving it another chance.
Peace
Postpunk Noisegazr Shoegazing Punks [whathe]Spirit Bears on Faith Cannon Records.  confusing and confounding since 05

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 06:45:19 pm »

I must say, i am proud of how far my protoge has come.

From his humble beginnings in the solo challenges, to the treasure hunting.

And now look at him, all grow'd up and moderating his own forum.

Brings a tear to my eye....

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 20 queries.