Miscellaneous > Non-Mafia Game Threads

Introduction, Sign-ups, etc:

(1/30) > >>

Galzria:
I've noticed recently that it's quite common for a game to be posted as an "Any interest in..." thread, just to have it fill up within a few hours by regulars here on f.DS.FG. While that's certainly great for all of us who are addicted to playing way to many games at once, it's often not very inviting to new players who don't know the whens or the hows to get involved. There's no centralized place to come together and say "Hey, I'd like to play X".

As a whole community, I think we've done a remarkable job organizing and running and growing ourselves, but I would hate to see that stall, and I always want to be encouraging and welcoming to new players. I want it to be as easy as possible for them to come in and join in on all our good times.

With that said, what I hope to achieve here is two fold. First, a list of all active and willing mods, with a list of games that they're willing and excited to host. Second, a list of all games that we are currently playing, or have interest in playing, with a constant and open "interest in" sign-up list. This way new players can come in, see what we're all about, and say "Hey, I would like in on the next game of 'X'". Their name goes up on the list, and when it's got a full team of players, we can check with the mods who are willing to host that game and see if they're ready to launch another game.

Obviously there's no commitment here. If you're a mod and are willing to host, but just have too many games going on at a particular time, we'll wait you out, or maybe find another willing soul to host. But this way we can match up players and games and mods, and have a nice centralized flow.

The only rule that I'll implement is for addicts like myself who will sign up for almost anything over and over. If I (or anybody else) is currently in a running game of X, and a new player (or somebody not currently playing X) wants in the next one, that player will get priority over me. In addition, Mods will always have final say in how many games they wish to run at any given time. Otherwise Watno/Kirian/Kuildeous/Myself will have Tables running 10 games of Through the Ages at once...

So:

Please post here if you are a Mod, or wish to be a Mod. Post a list of any/all games that you are willing to host.

and

Please post here if you are a Player, or wish to be a Player. Post the name of any/all games that you are willing to join in.

I will try my best to keep both lists as up to date as possible. I will also include a link to the current Non-Mafia Games Queue, which has links to all active and completed games, for easy reference.

Galzria:
Current list of all Active and Completed Games

List of Mods & Games they are willing to host:

Archetype:

* Acquire
* Galzria:

* Gauntlet of Fools
* Kirian:

* Ground Floor
* Power Grid: Factory Manager
* Puerto RicoLiopoil:

* Dominant Species
* Michaeljb:

* Agricola
* Tables:

* Battlestar Galactica
* Resistance
* 7 Wonders
* 2 Rooms, 1 Boom
* Ground Floor
* Through the Ages
* Tzolk'in: The Mayan CalendarTheorel:

* Deadlands: Reloaded RPG
* ThisIsNotASmile:

* Love Letter
* Qvist:

* Mage Knight
* Pandemic
* Shadows over Camelot
* Small WorldWatno:

* Terra Mystica (Can provide Spreadsheet to other willing Mods)

List of Games & Player interest in playing them:

2 Rooms, 1 Boom:

* Mail-Mi
* 7 Wonders:

* Michaeljb
* Archetype
* Twistedarcher
* Acquire:

* Agricola:

* Jack Rudd
* Tables
* Battlestar Galactica:

* Jack Rudd
* Deadlands: Reloaded RPG

* Galzria
* Dominant Species:

* Watno
* Qvist
* Liopoil
* Eclipse:

* Watno
* Kirian
* Gauntlet of Fools:

* Michaeljb
* Galzria
* Ground Floor:

* Galzria
* Tables
* Hanabi:

* Watno
* Dsell
* Kingdom Builder:

* Jimmmmm
* Love Letter:

* Mage Knights:

* Galzria
* Tables
* Pandemic:

* Power Grid: Factory Manager:

* Kirian
* Puerto Rico:

* Michaeljb
* Kirian
* PopsofCTownResistance:

* Archetype
* Dsell
* Twistedarcher
* Shadows over Camelot:

* Eevee
* Small World:

* Twistedarcher
* Through the Ages:

* Galzria
* Kirian
* TwistedArcher (Beginner Game)Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar:

* Qvist
* Tables
* Davio

liopoil:
oh, this is cool! well, I think I might be willing to mod a game, if it's one that I've played several times. I have not modded anything yet. I am also a player! There's really quite a few games that I would at least consider playing in, pretty much any game that I've either played and liked, or sound really interesting and not too complicated to learn without actually ever seeing the actual board and pieces. Currently I am in diplomacy, puerto rico, power grid, and ground floor.

Qvist:
I'm willing to mod every game I enjoy, but I like to limit those to 3-5 games at a time. I currently host Mage Knight I+II, Pandemic IV, Shadows over Camelot (which still searches for replacement). I hosted Small World before. Here I posted some suggestions for upcoming games. But I currently won't host more games unless another one is finished.

I currently play in most other games here.
7 Wonders Teams I, Battlestar Galactica I, Flash Point: Fire Rescue I, Ground Floor I, Pandemic IV, Power Grid I, Puerto Rico I, Red November I, Terra Mystica II+III, Through the Ages V

Jack Rudd:
I'd be up for playing in a game of Battlestar Galactica, should anyone wish to host one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version