Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Guilds leaked on BGG  (Read 15085 times)

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2984
    • View Profile
Guilds leaked on BGG
« on: April 01, 2013, 10:48:09 am »

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/955273/guilds-full-card-list

Hope it's not fake, some of those cards look really cool.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9631
    • View Profile
Re: Guilds leaked on BGG
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 10:51:31 am »

Some of them look pretty stupid, and they misspelled "Reave."
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 10:53:12 am »

It's obviously fake.

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 11:00:38 am »

Obviously fake? This one isn't obvious to me

The cost distributions line up with previous spoilers. The acronyms don't, but that isn't a showstopper.

The mechanics don't seem too wacky. There's a curser, an attack, Kingdom treasure, Alt VP card.

What is the evidence that it's fake?
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Avin

• Spy
  • Respect: +99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 11:01:35 am »

The acronyms shouldn't line up - theory said that the previously "released" acronyms were wrong. But the costs line up correctly.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 11:03:22 am »

The cost distributions line up with previous spoilers. The acronyms don't, but that isn't a showstopper.

The mechanics don't seem too wacky. There's a curser, an attack, Kingdom treasure, Alt VP card.

I won't go through every card, but here's a prime example.

$4 Turnpike
Victory
3 VP
___
When you gain this, you may pay $2.
If you don’t, place this card on top of your deck.

So it's a Duchy for $6 or a Duchy-on-your-deck for $4? That's a far cry from interesting. No way that made it through playtesting.

Also, the user who posted it is named "A Fool".

EDIT: Also, there's no way these cards comprise what is supposed to be the most complex of the expansions.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 11:04:56 am by LastFootnote »

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 11:07:05 am »

Some of them look pretty stupid, and they misspelled "Reave."
I don't think Reeve is misspelled. It's some kind of medieval sheriff: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reeve (and it also appears in Caylus)
Which cards do you think look stupid?
I thought Bribe was a bit crazy at first, but after thinking about it, it doesn't seem that strong. since you can't pay with treasures, you ever need to have some coin tokens from previous rounds, or played cards to get +$3. Mostly that's gonna be terminals, so you also need 2 villages to use that. And to get that, you probably need another drawer before. In general, all those paying effects seem to work quite a lot better in engines.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2019
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 11:11:36 am »
+2

I certainly hope they're not the real ones. None of them excite me at all. I'm sure if they are I'll eat my words, but Donald's favourite expansion? This is just a bunch of rehashed ideas with the coin tokens/pay for more mechanics added on. Also, Guild Master is just an almost strictly worse Rabble (okay, so it'll put their Coppers and Ruins back, but meh).

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 11:17:39 am »

I won't go through every card, but here's a prime example.

$4 Turnpike
Victory
3 VP
___
When you gain this, you may pay $2.
If you don’t, place this card on top of your deck.

So it's a Duchy for $6 or a Duchy-on-your-deck for $4? That's a far cry from interesting. No way that made it through playtesting.

Also, the user who posted it is named "A Fool".

EDIT: Also, there's no way these cards comprise what is supposed to be the most complex of the expansions.

I swear I'm not trying to be a troll.

I think the Alt VP card is interesting. It breaks the rule of when you buy Duchies in BM games, since usually you want to start with them once you think you'll shuffle less than twice before the game ends. What's a more interesting VP card? How does it compare to Farmland?

The name is fake, obviously. It corresponds to the day of the year on which it was posted.

Keeping track of virtual dollars and spending them during your action phase is certainly complicated to do IRL.

The only evidence I see is "I don't like these cards" and "It's April Fool's Day" which is not enough for me to go on record saying "I HATE THIS SET" where Donald X. could read it and be emotionally hurt by it. The possibility of doing that is not something I'm willing to entertain yet.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 11:25:26 am »

I think the Alt VP card is interesting. It breaks the rule of when you buy Duchies in BM games, since usually you want to start with them once you think you'll shuffle less than twice before the game ends. What's a more interesting VP card? How does it compare to Farmland?

Yeah, the card is academically interesting to Dominion fanatics. That kind of card does not pass muster. Cards that make it into sets are meant to be fun for your average player as well.

Also, you can pay $2 more to just have it be a Duchy? That option makes the card less interesting.

The name is fake, obviously. It corresponds to the day of the year on which it was posted.

Riiiiiiiiight.  ;)

Keeping track of virtual dollars and spending them during your action phase is certainly complicated to do IRL.

That's just like, your opinion, man.

The only evidence I see is "I don't like these cards" and "It's April Fool's Day" which is not enough for me to go on record saying "I HATE THIS SET" where Donald X. could read it and be emotionally hurt by it. The possibility of doing that is not something I'm willing to entertain yet.

I believe that you're not trolling, but I'm 100% confident that these aren't the real cards. Resale is kind of cool. We might see a card like that in the set.

philosophyguy

• Minion
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 11:25:46 am »

I think the Turnpike mechanic is interesting, though the card itself isn't balanced. It might work as a 2VP card for $3, or pay $4 to not have it on top of your deck.

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 11:28:21 am »

Yeah, the card is academically interesting to Dominion fanatics. That kind of card does not pass muster. Cards that make it into sets are meant to be fun for your average player as well.

Also, you can pay $2 more to just have it be a Duchy? That option makes the card less interesting.

Riiiiiiiiight.  ;)

That's just like, your opinion, man.

I believe that you're not trolling, but I'm 100% confident that these aren't the real cards. Resale is kind of cool. We might see a card like that in the set.

Understood, just keep in mind that everything you've used is your opinion as well. I'm going to wait for something conclusive.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2013, 11:29:21 am »
+2

The only evidence I see is "I don't like these cards" and "It's April Fool's Day"...

That's the only evidence you need that it's fake.  Everything on the internet is fake today, unless specifically called out otherwise, and even then you really can't trust it.

which is not enough for me to go on record saying "I HATE THIS SET" where Donald X. could read it and be emotionally hurt by it. The possibility of doing that is not something I'm willing to entertain yet.

I don't think DXV is going to be hurt if you say you hate the expansion.  But obviously a bunch of random "leaks" posted by "A Fool" isn't enough for anyone to say whether they like or dislike something which is fake.

Seriously.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 11:31:19 am by Kirian »
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 11:52:26 am »
+2

One of the cards allows you to pay $1 extra for +1 Action.  In your buy phase.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2013, 11:54:37 am »
+1

One of the cards allows you to pay $1 extra for +1 Action.  In your buy phase.

Are you talking about Peons? That's not how I believe that card works. You have to pay a virtual coin or a coin token to get the action when you play it, during your action phase.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2013, 11:58:19 am »

That's also explained below.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 12:02:32 pm »

Alright, then why would Peons allow you to use coin tokens, but not give you them itself?

AdamH

• Margrave
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 12:04:12 pm »

Alright, then why would Peons allow you to use coin tokens, but not give you them itself?

You can also use a virtual coin. Peddler then Peons would allow you to use the dollar that Peddler gave you for the action.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2013, 12:08:11 pm »

You can also use a virtual coin. Peddler then Peons would allow you to use the dollar that Peddler gave you for the action.

That's still ridiculous.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2013, 12:12:20 pm »
+4

Honestly, guys, stop saying this is fake. I know the guy who got these cards, he works at the company RGG outsources card production to, so they're accurate. There might be a few inaccuracies because he was working from memory, not from pictures, but whatever.

Obviously this is all a total lie
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Stealth Tomato

• Minion
  • Dorkneel
  • Respect: +480
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2013, 12:14:55 pm »

Oh hi April 1. Also, Journeyman is arguably stronger than Haggler for $3, $2 Stockpile is arguably stronger than $4 Carpenter, Bribe is obviously broken in any kingdom with coin tokens and useless otherwise, Peons is nearly strictly better than Stables, and Resale is an uninteresting modification of Salvager.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2013, 12:19:51 pm »

Are you sure you understand how paying works? It deosn't allow you to play treasures in your action phase. Journeyman seems rather week to me btw, certainly not stronger than Haggler. You have to pay $2 every time you want to gain a cheaper card.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2013, 12:23:05 pm »
+1

Honestly, guys, stop saying this is fake. I know the guy who got these cards, he works at the company RGG outsources card production to, so they're accurate. There might be a few inaccuracies because he was working from memory, not from pictures, but whatever.

Obviously this is all a total lie

Is it CC?

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
  • Respect: +1021
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2013, 12:29:43 pm »
+1

THEY'RE STILL REAL TO ME, DAMNIT!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2013, 12:31:07 pm »
+1

they're accurate. There might be a few inaccuracies
::)
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 1.919 seconds with 20 queries.