Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Why does Isotropic reveal the cards you discard with Vault?  (Read 1916 times)

glasser

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
Why does Isotropic reveal the cards you discard with Vault?
« on: September 22, 2011, 10:14:31 pm »

When you play a Vault on Isotropic and discard cards for money, the other players see what cards you've discarded. As far as I know, this isn't the case for any other discard in Dominion (other than those which specify that you must reveal the cards, or things like cutpurse). Is this actually compatible with the rules?

(I know Isotropic differs from the technical rules in that you don't have the top card of your discard visible, but this isn't just about one card, this is showing a whole bunch of cards!)

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
Re: Why does Isotropic reveal the cards you discard with Vault?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 03:48:39 am »

If that's true, I guess it's a bug. From what I can tell, Isotropic should name your discards when you only discard 1 card (it's going on top of your discard pile and everyone can see what you discarded), but if you discard more it shouldn't say what they were (because it can't tell which one is on top of your discard pile).

biopower

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 03:57:25 am »

The same thing happens with Secret Chamber, so if the reveal is a bug, it's based on the specific mechanic of gaining $ for discarded cards.

Epoch

• Tactician
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 07:36:00 pm »

Probably the deal is, "We don't want to add a UI pause while you choose which of your cards is being revealed, especially since you probably just don't care at all, but we also don't want to screw your opponent over, so we show everything."

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 03:42:37 am »

It doesn't really screw your opponent over though. I'm 90% confident (at work now so I can't check) that other times when you discard more than 1 card (e.g. to Militia or similar) it doesn't reveal what you discarded. Are you saying that in those cases, it should reveal everything so as not to "screw your opponent over"?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.726 seconds with 21 queries.