Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55]  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! (Day 2!!)  (Read 117416 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXXIV: The Game of Thrones Mafia! (Day 2!!)
« Reply #1350 on: November 19, 2013, 03:50:49 pm »

booo china has banned quicktopic as well, no seeing what the spectators thought for eevee for a week.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: November 19, 2013, 03:51:35 pm »

A really big congrats again to scum, and thanks to TA and nkirbit for modding. This was a great game and I'll happily play this setup over and over (and hopefully better).

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: November 19, 2013, 03:53:50 pm »

Yes, thanks to both mods! It was fun gameplay and flavor wise!

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: November 19, 2013, 04:43:15 pm »

A really big congrats again to scum, and thanks to TA and nkirbit for modding. This was a great game and I'll happily play this setup over and over (and hopefully better).

Me too. Someone host this setup!!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: November 19, 2013, 05:44:16 pm »

Ok:

Some thoughts...

1. my reads were like the worst this game. I had a good read on Walrus. Felt really good about that and was devastated that he was flipped. I think if more time had been on the table I could have talked EFHW out of it. But like has been mentioned a voltaire flip of town would have spelt my death the next day.

2. I disagree EFHW that our cases on day1 hurt town. I mean they hurt because they were on town players, but you have to develop those sort of cases or else nothing happens.

3. From the scum QT:

I'm not so sure the day was awesome, getting day 1 heat and avoiding the lynch is way better than not getting heat. I'm quite paranoid of getting PoE'd. It's easy to appear towny, hard to appear towny enough to be eliminated from the lynch pool.

This is exactly what I was talking about. The change in meta that Robz and others have introduced and what I was trying to anticipate in regard to my case on Voltaire this last day. So this makes me feel better. It makes me feel better because scum knew that meta and wanted to create it, but couldn't... hence why my read was off.

4. I should have known about eevee. There was one thing that actually tipped me off I think, but I didn't mention it because I didn't want to be "that guy." But day1 during eevee's VLA he posted in Dsell's 4 hours and 0 minutes thread. I received a notification via e-mail that he had posted, but when I came online later the post was deleted. It was a very simple post... can't even remember the content. But it made me wonder if Eevee was scum who was worried that one of us would see that post and then accuse him of being online but not participating in the game during a VLA that he had declared. Maybe I am wrong about this--eevee feel free to let me know what actually happened--but I had a huge post written up about it but eventually decided not to post it because I didn't want to be "that guy that uses outside stuff against other players." But I told myself I would remember it and store it in my pocket... except I didn't until reading through the mafia QT and remembering eevee's VLA... So yeah.

5. my initial vote on voltaire was partially to see if eevee would vote. I tried to semi-goad him into voting before he left on his trip to china. I was confident voltaire was scum, but I was ready to take off my vote if eevee voted (I felt a quickhammer wasn't likely as mail-mi was in school and thought for sure teproc was town) but as the day wore on I became more convinced that voltaire was scum and wasn't worried about a quickhammer... and then when neither voted yesterday I was even more convinced... but ultimately completely and totally wrong.

MVP goes to Eevee. His day2 performance was quite brilliant.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: November 19, 2013, 07:31:45 pm »

Thanks yuma, means a lot coming from you.

My vla's are usually "I have a full schedule for x amount of days, I don't want to be the guy that is keeping up with the game from phone when bowling with friends or whatever, and when it's time to go to bed (and it wouldn't be rude anymore), I'm just too exhausted/intoxicated/what have you to read multiple pages and write meaningful commentary". I usually do check the lighter threads from phone still, just don't want to commit to posting because it takes more time and effort. I think I actually deleted that message because I decided to pm the relevant people instead, we now have a cool quicktopic for people who have been logged on for 100 days. :)

I think I mentioned in the qt that being too eager to vote would have been our most likely downfall. After all, the only way to lose would have been to out as both as the scum team. If I had full access, I would have waited even longer - until teproc had voted as well.

Would someone happen to have a convenient way to copy the speccy to some place I could read already? A google doc or something, I'm very interested to read it!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: November 19, 2013, 10:45:38 pm »

I am also surprised in reading the speccy that there weren't more people thinking I was mafia... I thought ash would be calling incessantly for my lynch at the least.

Oh... and another thing... I am still not sure that I believe EFHW is town. I felt really, really, really good about my case. I thought for sure that I had found something really good in that she had zero town reads. When I found that, it just blew my mind and made everything else she or anyone else had done inconsequential. It just seemed soooo something that scum would do, or the inverse, something that I just couldn't see town doing as town is supposed to be separating out scum reads from town... thus I still kinda believe that EFHW is scum and that this whole last few days has been a really long trolll....

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: November 20, 2013, 05:27:44 pm »

I am also surprised in reading the speccy that there weren't more people thinking I was mafia... I thought ash would be calling incessantly for my lynch at the least.

Oh... and another thing... I am still not sure that I believe EFHW is town. I felt really, really, really good about my case. I thought for sure that I had found something really good in that she had zero town reads. When I found that, it just blew my mind and made everything else she or anyone else had done inconsequential. It just seemed soooo something that scum would do, or the inverse, something that I just couldn't see town doing as town is supposed to be separating out scum reads from town... thus I still kinda believe that EFHW is scum and that this whole last few days has been a really long trolll....

!!!  Doesn't bode well for our next game together ...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: November 20, 2013, 07:12:27 pm »

!!!  Doesn't bode well for our next game together ...

permavote: EFHW

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: November 20, 2013, 09:44:45 pm »

:P
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55]  All

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 20 queries.