Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 63  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXIV: Samurai and Ninjas (Game over, Town wins!)  (Read 153509 times)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXIV: Samurai and Ninjas (Day 1. PM for Speccy.)
« Reply #700 on: April 16, 2013, 01:47:39 pm »

I maintain that lynching liopoil will be a costly mistake.

I am willing to lynch virtually any other player (except TA or myself).

The problem with lynching WinterSpartan instead should be obvious... he's not currently voting for liopoil. So if he is in any danger, he can just hammer lio to save himself (which is the smart thing to do, whether he is town or scum. I'd do it).

I unvoted and liopoil is no longer at L-1. I am still waiting on responses to the things I asked and then I will decide of going back to liopoil perusing winterspartan or looking elsewhere is the best thing.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115, M118, M120, M122, M123, M124, M133, M134
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113, M119, M128
Winrate: 46.5%(20/43) 40.6%(13/32), 63.6%(7/11)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: April 16, 2013, 01:47:59 pm »

A costly mistake?  Really?  There are 11 townies here - accidentally losing one is not going to make much of a difference.  What makes liopoil so special?  Are you claiming some sort of observer position?  Or are you in league with liopoil?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 16, 2013, 02:05:59 pm »

#IStandWithLiopoil
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 16, 2013, 02:07:32 pm »

Would you stand with me if I were on the verge of being lynched?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: April 16, 2013, 02:15:40 pm »

Would you stand with me if I were on the verge of being lynched?

No, I definitely think liopoil is more likely town than you. Although you aren't currently my first or second lynch choice.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: April 16, 2013, 02:17:01 pm »

Unvote

I'd rather lynch Mcmc than WS. And I guess it's looking like those are our only choices.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: April 16, 2013, 02:19:58 pm »

#teamliopoil here as well.

spiritbears, it's a rather critical time. I know you came late to the party, but we need all townies voting at this stage. No fos'ing anymore, I think you should commit to a target enough to vote.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: April 16, 2013, 02:23:13 pm »

Vote: Mcmcsalot

If Lio isn't going to happen, I'd much rather see this lynch happen than WS.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: April 16, 2013, 02:29:31 pm »

In general you shouldnt cave.

In this case, yay!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: April 16, 2013, 02:30:44 pm »

vote: winterspartan

Robz, Eevee? care to join this over the lio wagon?

Hmmm.  I'm starting to think it's liopoil-yuma instead of liopoil-sudgy.  Robz and Eevee have at least found a wagon of their own, but you just avoid jumping on lio's wagon.

What!?

Do you even realize what you are saying?

The whole basis of your vote on lio was because you thought he was interacting with sudgy weird and that they were a scum team? But now you are dropping that idea and moving it to me? What are you even voting lio for? I still don't really know.

And yes I am not voting for lio. I think it is a bad lynch. At least I have presented a legitimate case on two individuals--sudgy and WS--whereas you have done nothing but stick your head in the sand from the very beginning and voted lio with an RVS vote and never changed it! How in the world can you be criticizing me right now?!

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: April 16, 2013, 02:33:55 pm »

In general you shouldnt cave.

In this case, yay!

Something about Robz' defense is giving me pause in voting for Lio...but I'm definitely still suspicious and will keep it in mind for D2.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: April 16, 2013, 02:34:51 pm »

The problem with lynching WinterSpartan instead should be obvious... he's not currently voting for liopoil. So if he is in any danger, he can just hammer lio to save himself (which is the smart thing to do, whether he is town or scum. I'd do it).

I disagree. Not that doing so isn't a viable strategy, but I for one dont' think it is the best one. For starters, WS isn't in impending danger of being lynched, mcmc was. Second he can't hammer lio because he wasn't online during that period and now mcmc has taken his vote of him. Third, hammering like that is a risky scum move. We rarely see it done because it is risky. When I play scum I tend to stay away from the day1 lynch. Not always, but generally and I know many other players do it as well... allow a lynch of a townie go through while standing on the sidelines and watching.

If WS had hammered lio earlier I would have been very, very suspicious of him. I think he knows that. This is very similar to Qvist in MXV, if you remember that situation.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: April 16, 2013, 03:05:35 pm »

3 pages behind, will be home in 1hr.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: April 16, 2013, 03:11:23 pm »

I disagree. Not that doing so isn't a viable strategy, but I for one dont' think it is the best one. For starters, WS isn't in impending danger of being lynched, mcmc was. Second he can't hammer lio because he wasn't online during that period and now mcmc has taken his vote of him. Third, hammering like that is a risky scum move. We rarely see it done because it is risky. When I play scum I tend to stay away from the day1 lynch. Not always, but generally and I know many other players do it as well... allow a lynch of a townie go through while standing on the sidelines and watching.

If WS had hammered lio earlier I would have been very, very suspicious of him. I think he knows that. This is very similar to Qvist in MXV, if you remember that situation.

Yeah, well he can't, because there aren't enough lio votes now.

I actually find him announcing his intention to cast a hammer later MUCH SCUMMIER than if he had just hammered lio there and then. Scum are afraid to hammer because they are afraid to look bad, and they do this all the times, this testing the waters thing on voting or hammering. I do it when I'm scum without even meaning to.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: April 16, 2013, 04:14:13 pm »

Vote count?

catching up now. I see I haven't been lynched yet, so that's good.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: April 16, 2013, 04:43:02 pm »

Vote Count 1.22:

sudgy (1): WinterSpartan
liopoil (4): Axxle2, werothegreat, sudgy, Destierro
mcmcsalot (4): Robz888, mail-mi, Eevee, Twistedarcher
WinterSpartan (2): liopoil, Yuma

Not Voting (2): spiritbears, mcmcsalot

With 13 alive, it take 7 to lynch.

Day 1 began on April 6 at 4:15 a.m. and ends on April 27 at 4:15 a.m. forum time.

You have used roughly 10.5 of your bankable days.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: April 16, 2013, 04:48:42 pm »

Post count again but included in the vote count

1 – Eevee - 64
2 - Robz888 - 90
3 - TwistedArcher - 80
4 - mcmcsalot - 53
5 - WinterSpartan - 29
6 - Destierro - 23
7 - sudgy - 32
8 - mail-mi - 45
9 - BoxofDOG - 8+9=17
10 - werothegreat - 38
11 - Axxle2  - 32
12 – yuma - 84
13 - liopoil - 66

sudgy (1): WinterSpartan (29)
liopoil (4): Axxle2(32), werothegreat(38), sudgy(32), Destierro (23)
mcmcsalot (4): Robz88890), mail-mi(45), Eevee(64), Twistedarcher(80)
WinterSpartan (2): liopoil(66), Yuma(84)

Not Voting (2): spiritbears(17), mcmcsalot(53)

Interesting that all of the lowest posters--with the exception of boxbears--are on the lio wagon or--winterspartan--said they would join it. Yes?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: April 16, 2013, 04:56:23 pm »

Interesting that all of the lowest posters--with the exception of boxbears--are on the lio wagon or--winterspartan--said they would join it. Yes?

You are correct. I can't believe anyone could still find this wagon credible. It's literally the easy wagon that lurkers and scum and scum lurkers flocked to.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: April 16, 2013, 04:58:50 pm »

You are correct. I can't believe anyone could still find this wagon credible. It's literally the easy wagon that lurkers and scum and scum lurkers flocked to.
And our IC. Who seems like a smart guy! Beyond me.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: April 16, 2013, 05:00:40 pm »

No, our IC wised up, that's fine. Even mcmcsalot wised up, although I'm currently weighing the important question of whether he wised up because he is a pro-town townie with a rising post count and attention to detail (and thus a bad lynch) or because he thought it would make him look smart and redirect the pro-liopoil frustration toward someone else (and thus he's still a great lynch). Thoughts?

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: April 16, 2013, 05:20:41 pm »

Yeah, well he can't, because there aren't enough lio votes now.

I actually find him announcing his intention to cast a hammer later MUCH SCUMMIER than if he had just hammered lio there and then. Scum are afraid to hammer because they are afraid to look bad, and they do this all the times, this testing the waters thing on voting or hammering. I do it when I'm scum without even meaning to.

So let me see. If I hammer, then I'm obvscum, says yuma; if I don't, I'm very scummy, says Robz. I guess my PM was wrong!

On a more serious note, I didn't hammer because I wanted to give liopoil a chance to claim - a chance I'll note he never took, despite being at L-1 all day with intent to hammer. He doesn't get any more chances from me, should we ever manage to seriously consider lynching him.

Mcmc, the reason I hadn't addressed you earlier is that I still think sudgy is a lot more likely to be scum, and because of that I also think liopoil is more scummy. But since we cannot lynch them to save our LIVES (which is incredibly scummy - if they were town, I really can't see how they'd be so impossible to lynch!), I'll review the case on you.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: April 16, 2013, 05:21:38 pm »

I'm getting tired of you making liopoil look like a saint.

unvote

vote: Robz

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: April 16, 2013, 05:23:49 pm »

On a more serious note, I didn't hammer because I wanted to give liopoil a chance to claim - a chance I'll note he never took, despite being at L-1 all day with intent to hammer. He doesn't get any more chances from me, should we ever manage to seriously consider lynching him.

this is ridiculous. lio was correct in that he didn't claim until someone stated intent. In the meantime he wasn't online until after someone unvoted him and he was no longer at L-1. Looks like you just want people to claim so you can out power roles? No that isn't a fair question, because I am using my suspicion of you to find something scummy that could just be frustration. But the point is... that lio was correct in his play here. And if we do get to that point again I would encourage you to state intent and then give him a chance to respond.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: April 16, 2013, 05:24:17 pm »

unvote

why does that bother you?

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: April 16, 2013, 05:26:24 pm »

unvote

why does that bother you?

Because you and he have been the "voices of reason" trying to prevent us from lynching liopoil.  You both have also made it perfectly clear that you would not be this vehement in your disagreement if it were anyone else.  Liopoil is just the towniest of towny town in your eyes, and it's all just looking scummier by the minute.  Can I get an angry mob over here?

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 63  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 20 queries.