Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Apology and current status  (Read 12877 times)

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4386
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
Re: Apology and current status
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2014, 02:46:37 pm »
+3

It isn't picking up all the games. I think, though I'm not sure, that the issue has something to do with the goko bug where the games sometimes doesn't start - all the ones I've noticed missing came, I think, after one of these "started but didn't start" games.

Anyway, not a high priority. I hope you're doing well.

I can look into it.  Save the log next time it happens... Specifically I'll need the log's file name.
So, I figured out it's a Goko bug (to... nobody's surprise).
It seems to not be generating a permanent log in some cases (though I can't find a pattern to when). I tried to grab the log for you, but it just popped up the in-game one....

ragingduckd

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +3527
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2014, 09:38:45 pm »

It isn't picking up all the games. I think, though I'm not sure, that the issue has something to do with the goko bug where the games sometimes doesn't start - all the ones I've noticed missing came, I think, after one of these "started but didn't start" games.

I can look into it.  Save the log next time it happens... Specifically I'll need the log's file name.
It seems to not be generating a permanent log in some cases (though I can't find a pattern to when). I tried to grab the log for you, but it just popped up the in-game one....

Ugh.  That's awful.  I can't think of anything to recommend either.
Salvager Extension | Isotropish Leaderboard | Game Data | Log Search & other toys | Salvager Bug Reports

Salvager not working for me at all today. ... Please help! I can't go back to playing without it like an animal!

Emeric

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: Emeric
  • Respect: +212
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2014, 04:12:29 am »

Yesterday I found that some games I played just before Goko restarts the server does not appear in the archive logs. May be a link with restart and missing logs.

amalloy

• Witch
  • Respect: +620
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2014, 05:23:17 pm »

Yesterday I found that some games I played just before Goko restarts the server does not appear in the archive logs. May be a link with restart and missing logs.

Just to add some anecdotal evidence, the last game that I know I played just before a restart didn't generate a log. And last night I played four games against F T T W, but there is no log on Goko's servers of the fourth game. Maybe a restart came after that, I don't know.

On the other hand, there are some games I remember playing in the distant past (like, September-ish of 2013) that I can't find a log of on drunkensailor either, and I know they used to be there. Specifically, I remember SCSN clobbering me with Apothecary, Storeroom, Coppersmith, and (I think) Farming Village. But I can't find any game against any player containing Apothecary+Storeroom+Coppersmith at all, even if I might have forgotten which village was in use.

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2014, 10:24:56 pm »

For reference, I've attached what you see when trying to view a log for a game that I verified to have not been recorded on drunken sailor, or even the prettifier.

Emeric

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2014, 03:59:55 am »

It seems to not be link to the restart. I have the problem this morning. Link to the dom.retrobox.eu log doesn't work on the victory screen and no log visible on the dominionlog directories.
I create a thread here : http://forum.makingfun.com/showthread.php?4247-Sometimes-no-log-file-is-generated

Emeric

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2014, 03:05:19 am »

And today there is 0 log generated after 5 games played.

florrat

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: florrat
  • Respect: +748
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2014, 03:33:08 am »
+7

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.468 seconds with 21 queries.