Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: an easy way to check if your i demand effect are going to work  (Read 3829 times)

teasel

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile

when selecting a card if you hover over it with your cursor and you have equal or less symbols than your opponent a ! pops out,can't believe it took me this long to notice it

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
Re: an easy way to check if your i demand effect are going to work
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 11:00:42 am »

It also does the same if your non-demand effects are going to be shared.

marco2012

• Scout
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 12:28:38 pm »
+1

That's true. However, it cannot check whether city state works......

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 12:40:07 pm »

Well no, it doesn't check exactly whether a dogma will have any meaningful effects. It just has a look at the icon counts for you in case you forgot to look for yourself.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12848
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 12:48:36 pm »

I noticed it the first time I played Innovation. It hasn't prevented me from clicking the card though.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Razzishi

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eye Urn
  • Respect: +120
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 10:53:55 pm »

Thank you for finally letting me know why sometimes that exclamation mark appeared!  I was very curious!
Stop reading my signature.

gryph202

• Baron
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 09:01:09 am »

I noticed it the first time I played Innovation. It hasn't prevented me from clicking the card though.

As well it shouldn't, IMO.  There are times when it is not only strategically sound, but desirable to share an effect.  For example, if you share an effect that exchanges cards from a zone but there are no cards there to exchange, it still won't do anything to your opponent.  And if you force your opponent to meld a card against their wishes, you have a chance of covering a top card that your opponent may not want covered.  There is lots and lots of a strategic nuance.

Grujah

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1177
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 09:32:09 am »

As well it shouldn't, IMO.  There are times when it is not only strategically sound, but desirable to share an effect.  For example, if you share an effect that exchanges cards from a zone but there are no cards there to exchange, it still won't do anything to your opponent.  And if you force your opponent to meld a card against their wishes, you have a chance of covering a top card that your opponent may not want covered.  There is lots and lots of a strategic nuance.

Pet Peeve: Sharing Physics when they have a full hand.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12848
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 09:39:03 am »

Of course it shouldn't. My point was, no matter how much I am aware of the exclamation mark, I often miss it.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Gherald

• Minion
  • Awe: +35
  • Respect: +1397
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 01:41:30 pm »

I often miss it as well and that's why I wrote this little script last night : )
My opponent has more loot than me

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5459
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 02:24:42 pm »

This is cool!  Isotropic doesn't display well on my computer, and in particularly I can't view my opponent's icon count in the top corner on my turn (since the draw button bumps it off screen).  This is certainly more convenient than counting each time.
Well you *do* need a signature...

yaron

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 02:55:52 pm »
+2

This is cool!  Isotropic doesn't display well on my computer, and in particularly I can't view my opponent's icon count in the top corner on my turn (since the draw button bumps it off screen).  This is certainly more convenient than counting each time.
I have the same problem.  You can solve it by playing at 90% zoom ( Ctrl/- ).
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.