Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Echoes: Race to Industrialization?  (Read 2647 times)

ksasaki

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
Echoes: Race to Industrialization?
« on: March 15, 2013, 12:23:20 pm »

In the base game, I felt like industrialization was a good, but not great card.  By the time you are in age 6, usually someone has 4-5 achievements and is probably going to win soon, so depleting the piles is probably not a great idea unless you are the one with the achievement lead.  It also tucks everything, so you are stuck with your dinky top abilities.

But in echoes, once you have industrialization and ~6-8 factories, you can start churning in power, while getting all kinds of great echoes tucked, not to mention all those juicy new special achievements.  Unless I have enterprise or banking or something, I always live in constant fear when I see my opponent start to draw 6s.  Astronomy or Coke, yikes!

The card is just downright scary, anyone think maybe it should be toned down a bit?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
Re: Echoes: Race to Industrialization?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 01:47:13 pm »

Echoes Industrialization is really strong.  It's probably the most powerful card in Echoes Innovation.  I don't know if that necessarily means it needs to be toned down, because unlike, say, a nutty turn 1 card, there's a very complex set of possible ways you can try to play around Industrialization.  Having the most factories, maneuvering so that your opponent draws Echoes 6's, crown cards, etc.  I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying, make sure you are certain there aren't enough good answers before you make a judgment.

I don't really know how many IRL games you've played, so your jury may have already deliberated long enough, but if the ones I see on the leaderboard are the only ones I don't think it's late enough to make such a harsh verdict.

BitTorrent

• Bishop
  • Respect: +58
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 12:57:17 pm »

Not bothered much.
Just like Coal -> Industrialization = Monument(+Empire) in base set days. Same sort of Icon mechanics stuff.

And you will need other splays to work out the kind of dominating power like getting all the eligible special achievements (Monument + Empire + Supremacy + Heritage + History + Wealth), which needs a reasonable time. I do think you cannot deny others from winning like this after all, like dominating the board and take away every special achievement.

dan11295

• Navigator
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 09:20:02 pm »

Gets even crazier if you have Plumbing echoed. Now you can score at the same time you are draining piles.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.49 seconds with 21 queries.