Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Pearl Cultivator and Bettor  (Read 2291 times)

RTT

• Minion
  • Respect: +707
    • View Profile
Pearl Cultivator and Bettor
« on: March 15, 2013, 10:59:23 am »

Pearl cultivator - 3$

+1 Action
look at the top card of your deck and put it back anywhere into your deck.
+1 card

Bettor Action/Reaction 3$

reveal one card from your hand.
reveal the top 2 cards from your deck.
If you reveal a copy of the card you revealed from hand, put it into your hand.
discard the revealed cards that are not in your hand.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 05:40:26 am by RTT »

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
Re: Pearl Cultivator and Bettor
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 11:10:42 am »

if you reveal a card with the same name then you revealed from hand put it into your hand.
discard the rest.

I think in this case, it's unclear what the "rest" that you should discard is. Does it include the card you revealed from your hand?

I've tried to create a card that does something when revealed. It's not easy to pull off, and I wish you the best of luck. It's not actually a Reaction, though. Revealed cards are already public knowledge, like cards you're gaining or trashing. So this would just be an Action card.

RTT

• Minion
  • Respect: +707
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 11:16:58 am »

I've tried to create a card that does something when revealed. It's not easy to pull off, and I wish you the best of luck. It's not actually a Reaction, though. Revealed cards are already public knowledge, like cards you're gaining or trashing. So this would just be an Action card.

maybe that is the new machanic for guilds  :o although I doubt it.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5349
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 11:54:22 am »

I think it's interesting to have a card do something when revealed, but i'd rather have it do something negative. Hunting Party and discard-all Tunnel strategies are good enough already, and if you make it do something bad, i imagine it would change balance in a very refreshing way (it would also strengthen weak attacks like Spy and - if it's a victory card - Bureaucrat).

Archive
+ 1 Action
Each other player may reveal his hand. If he does, he discards it and draws one card less than he discarded.
Draw cards until you have 6 in hand. Gain a Cypher.
4$ Action

Cypher
2$
1VP

When you reveal this, trash it.
(This is not in the supply)
0* Treasure - Victory

« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 11:58:08 am by Asper »

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 03:55:47 pm »

I know that "reveal" as an action you can take is well-defined, but is "when is a card 'revealed'" well-defined? As in, is a card only "revealed" if a specific card told you to "reveal" a set of cards that includes this card? Or is it "revealed" anytime the card becomes public, like when you play it, or trash it, or move it to the Island Mat?
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 04:00:40 pm »

I know that "reveal" as an action you can take is well-defined, but is "when is a card 'revealed'" well-defined? As in, is a card only "revealed" if a specific card told you to "reveal" a set of cards that includes this card? Or is it "revealed" anytime the card becomes public, like when you play it, or trash it, or move it to the Island Mat?

Donald has said that at one point Fortress returned to your hand when it was trashed or revealed from your deck. But it was too wonky, so he removed that part of it. "Revealed from your deck" is probably well-defined, and doesn't include being trashed from your deck (Swindler), etc.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5349
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 08:34:36 pm »

That's an interesting point. Probably it's something only an official definition could solve (or an inofficial one after Guilds is out). It's not obvious without the official definition that Masquerade does not cause players to "gain" passed cards.

Donald has said that at one point Fortress returned to your hand when it was trashed or revealed from your deck. But it was too wonky, so he removed that part of it. "Revealed from your deck" is probably well-defined, and doesn't include being trashed from your deck (Swindler), etc.

Do you remember where he said that?

Pearl cultivator - 3$

+1 Action
look at the top card of your deck and put it back anywhere into your deck.
+1 card

I think this is nice. It's more interesting than a similar card i made, at least ;) But i think it's better than Spy, and the fact that it lacks the attack doesn't change this so much that it should cost less. Which is a shame, considering how "much" Spy adds your deck for 4$ (personal opinion here)...

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1642
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 04:13:10 am »

if you reveal a card with the same name then you revealed from hand put it into your hand.
discard the revealed cards that are not in your hand.

Should be: "If you reveal a card with the same name that you revealed from hand, put it into your hand."

"When you reveal this other than playing it, gain a Gold": Playing a card is not revealing it. If any activity that showed the card to the other players were "revealing", then you would also have to exclude trashing, discarding, setting aside, etc.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 06:12:08 am »
+1

Should be: "If you reveal a card with the same name that you revealed from hand, put it into your hand."
It also could be "If you reveal a copy of the card you revealed from hand, put it into your hand.", that's shorter and IMO more elegant.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.47 seconds with 20 queries.