Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Easy Puzzles  (Read 815484 times)

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1843
    • View Profile
Re: Easy Puzzles
« Reply #2250 on: March 03, 2016, 09:03:11 am »

Limetime, double Tac should happen here (at least I think so), but one can hardly call it unusual.

It is Deadlock's answer that I had in mind.

A golden deck?

Golden deck (5VP per turn) will be really slow here - it will be demolished by double Tac deck, and well, by the deck with just KCs, Mystics/Treasuries, Counterfeit too.

gkrieg13

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
  • Respect: +463
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: March 03, 2016, 09:17:28 am »

You will get more points by trashing a victory card than keeping it?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2252 on: March 03, 2016, 10:15:36 am »

Why would all the Spoils end up in the trash? Are you trashing them with Bishop for +VP or something? That doesn't seem like an amazing reason to go for Bandit Camp.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

gkrieg13

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
  • Respect: +463
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: March 03, 2016, 10:16:56 am »

Why would all the Spoils end up in the trash? Are you trashing them with Bishop for +VP or something? That doesn't seem like an amazing reason to go for Bandit Camp.

Counterfeit the spoils

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2254 on: March 03, 2016, 10:24:48 am »

Counterfeit the spoils

That way they don't end up in the trash, because Spoils moves itself to the Spoils pile before Counterfeit can trash it.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • See you in the Outpost
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: March 03, 2016, 11:00:13 am »

Well, it is the only way of constantly getting Bishop fuel without losing the ability to gain components at the same time.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1758
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: March 03, 2016, 11:05:07 am »

I would also be skeptical on the spoils getting trashed, even though it seemed like a good guess for the puzzle.

I think the idea is that you want Bandit Camps to play multiple Bishops, but have to get the Spoils out so they don't clog your double Tactician.  I'm skeptical that this actually happens with ideal play because I don't think you are in strong need of playing multiple terminals during the building phase, and beyond that, King's Court will work better as your splitter.  Spending a bunch of time Bishop-ing Spoils for 1 VP seems like a bad plan. Even if that was happening, I'm not sure I believe they all get trashed before the game ends with the large payload you can get from King's Court/Mystic/Treasury.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2257 on: March 03, 2016, 11:17:18 am »

Well, it is the only way of constantly getting Bishop fuel without losing the ability to gain components at the same time.

Is it really worth it for just the +1VP per Bishop?

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: March 03, 2016, 11:18:14 am »

It's for destroying spoils.

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • See you in the Outpost
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: March 03, 2016, 11:23:25 am »

I think if you go for Double Tactician you also go for Bishoping the Spoils, because you are limited with two buys, and well - you can
  • King a Bishop AND buy stuff x2
  • buy stuff x2
You only need one Camp for it for sure, and it seems like a nice first 5-cost buy.

The only thing I am concerned about is that maybe you don't go for Tactician at all: just get KCs, Mystics, Treasuries and Conterfeits. That might easily end up with a several Provinces megaturn.

Anyway, I just feel like it's an interesting board and if somebody would like to play it with me I'll gladly do that.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 11:24:29 am by Burning Skull »

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1493
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #2260 on: March 03, 2016, 11:25:15 am »
+5

For that, we have Marpia Real (from the computer-made Dominion cards):

Marpia Real
$4, Action

You may play an Action card from your hand and trash the Spoils pile.
(This is not in the Supply.)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 03:24:54 pm by J Reggie »

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: March 03, 2016, 02:05:29 pm »
+3

For that, we have Marpia Real (from the computer-made Dominion cards:

Marpia Real
$4, Action

You may play an Action card from your hand and trash the Spoils pile.
(This is not in the Supply.)
After
trash the spoils pile
then
1 Major/Minor Improvement
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Dingan

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dingan
  • Respect: +1731
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #2262 on: March 23, 2016, 04:12:16 pm »

(1) The average number of types per Kingdom supply card in Alchemy is 1.17 (if I've done my math right).  What is the only set that has a lower average than this?  (I'm not counting Promos as a "set".)

Hint: It's not Base.

-----------

(2) The average coin cost (so ignoring Potion) of Kingdom supply cards in Seaside is $3.73 (again, if I've done my math right).  What is the only set that has a lower average than this?  (Again, don't care about Promos.)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: March 23, 2016, 04:49:48 pm »

(2) The average coin cost (so ignoring Potion) of Kingdom supply cards in Seaside is $3.73 (again, if I've done my math right).  What is the only set that has a lower average than this?  (Again, don't care about Promos.)

"Kingdom supply" is kind of ambiguous.  Kingdom cards are the 10 that are randomized.  I don't think there are any Kingdom cards that aren't also Supply cards, so I don't know why that's specified.  Supply card is a broader category that includes basic cards, but excludes things that you normally can't buy (e.g. Spoils).

Dingan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #2264 on: March 23, 2016, 05:01:57 pm »

"Kingdom supply" is kind of ambiguous.  Kingdom cards are the 10 that are randomized.  I don't think there are any Kingdom cards that aren't also Supply cards, so I don't know why that's specified.  Supply card is a broader category that includes basic cards, but excludes things that you normally can't buy (e.g. Spoils).

Cards that are one of the 10 random cards you put out.  So excluding things like Province, Duchy, Gold, Potion, Prizes, Spoils, etc...

And just to clarify, I didn't count Ruins towards anything, and I think I considered Knights as costing $4.9.  Not that that really matters.. I don't think you will need that fine-grained of detail to get the answer right.

Oh and I guess it also probably doesn't matter, but for the number of types per card, I did the union of all the types of the card plus its other non-supply cards.  So for example, I counted Tournament as 4 (Action, Attack, Treasure, Prize), and Knights as 4 (Action, Attack, Victory, Knight), etc.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 05:06:27 pm by Dingan »

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #2265 on: March 23, 2016, 05:07:51 pm »
+1

I'd guess (1) is Prosperity, (2) is Alchemy

wachsmuth

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +347
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: March 23, 2016, 08:37:45 pm »

(1) The average number of types per Kingdom supply card in Alchemy is 1.17 (if I've done my math right).  What is the only set that has a lower average than this?  (I'm not counting Promos as a "set".)

Hint: It's not Base.

Am I wrong in thinking that both Guilds and Prosperity work here?

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2983
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: March 23, 2016, 08:52:28 pm »

pretty sure you're right now that i checked.

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4443
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: March 23, 2016, 11:18:41 pm »

"Kingdom supply" is kind of ambiguous.  Kingdom cards are the 10 that are randomized.  I don't think there are any Kingdom cards that aren't also Supply cards, so I don't know why that's specified.

That's as may be, but it seems to be redundant, rather than ambiguous.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: March 23, 2016, 11:41:55 pm »

"Kingdom supply" is kind of ambiguous.  Kingdom cards are the 10 that are randomized.  I don't think there are any Kingdom cards that aren't also Supply cards, so I don't know why that's specified.

That's as may be, but it seems to be redundant, rather than ambiguous.

Well it's redundant if we assume everybody is using the terms correctly, but just recently people were getting confused by it in a discussion thread and somebody (Donald, or LF? Asper?) mentioned that some of the events that put tokens specifically on Action cards used to work for any Kingdom card, but that changed because most people kept getting confused about what Kingdom cards actually were during playtesting.  So it's technically redundant, but ambiguous in practice.

Dingan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #2270 on: March 24, 2016, 03:12:02 pm »

I play a Tactician this turn (it wasn't played the previous turn).  Then later this turn, I play some Treasures.  How?  Nothing from Adventures allowed.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: March 24, 2016, 03:18:25 pm »
+2

I play a Tactician this turn (it wasn't played the previous turn).  Then later this turn, I play some Treasures.  How?  Nothing from Adventures allowed.

Golem draws Tactician and a draw card, play Tac first, Draw card draws treasures.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: March 24, 2016, 03:19:13 pm »
+2

Ninja'd for Golem. I'll add Throned Herald.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: March 24, 2016, 03:26:51 pm »

Highest amount of coin count in 3 turns, excluding the current coppers in your starting hands? Adventures allowed. Go crazy. I bet someone will get higher than I did. I currently have $18. As per rules, only 2 events per game.

Example:
T1/T2 buy Silver, Squire ($2)
T3 (hand: Squire, Silver, x3 copper) Play Squire for Silver ($3), buy Borrow ($1), Gold ($3)
Total: $9
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 03:40:07 pm by Seprix »
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

wachsmuth

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +347
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: March 25, 2016, 05:33:01 pm »

Highest amount of coin count in 3 turns, excluding the current coppers in your starting hands? Adventures allowed. Go crazy. I bet someone will get higher than I did. I currently have $18. As per rules, only 2 events per game.

Using 2 turns here for hardmode

Events used: Travelling Fair, Alms

With Shelters,

Kingdom has Baker, Stonemason, Poor House, Death Cart

Open 5C, spent Baker Token, buy Travelling Fair, Stonemason overpaying by 1, also 1 Poor House, top deck 2 Poor Houses

Turn 2: Draw Poor House, Poor House, 3 shelters. Buy 2x Travelling Fair, Stonemason overpaying by one, gain 2 Poor Houses, buy Poor House, Alms for Death Cart, gain 2 Ruined Mines.

6 Poor Houses is 24, 1 Death Cart is 4 and the 2 Ruined Mines make for a total of 30 extra coin added to the deck. Actually, let's make that 32, because 2 of the coppers never got into my starting hands.

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.453 seconds with 21 queries.