Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Easy Puzzles  (Read 812364 times)

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
Re: Easy Puzzles
« Reply #1125 on: January 17, 2015, 09:52:55 pm »
+1

There are many ways...

Haggler, gainer + Bridge/Highway, or the solution amalloy proposed all work.

Trash for benefit and fortress also works.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 09:54:47 pm by pacovf »
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

TheOthin

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: TheOthin
  • Respect: +447
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: January 17, 2015, 10:03:48 pm »
+1

Black Market to buy Border Village mid-turn and get the first, then Mint it to get the rest.

Clear out the rest of your hand, then KC-Golem to play five Altars to gain the first five without trashing any cards, followed by a Lab to draw another KC-Golem to repeat for the rest.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 10:11:53 pm by TheOthin »

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: January 17, 2015, 10:23:47 pm »
+1

Here's one:

At the start of my turn, there are 10 Ill-Gotten Gains and 10 Curses in the supply.  At the end of my turn, both piles are empty.  I used only one buy (EDIT: and trashed nothing).  How did I do it?

Nine Feasts and a Platinum.

That requires trashing.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: January 17, 2015, 10:42:04 pm »
+1

Here's one:

At the start of my turn, there are 10 Ill-Gotten Gains and 10 Curses in the supply.  At the end of my turn, both piles are empty.  I used only one buy (EDIT: and trashed nothing).  How did I do it?

A gaggler of Hagglers.

(Edit: didn't see the next page... but I like my wording better.)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: January 17, 2015, 11:46:44 pm »
+1

The way I was thinking was
-4 Laboratories
-1 Highway
-9 Talismans
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: January 18, 2015, 02:28:34 am »

10 Horns of Plenty.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: January 18, 2015, 09:57:12 am »
+7

The IGG pile is embargoed ten times as you buy one. Enraged, you wipe the game off the table, emptying the IGG pile.

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: January 18, 2015, 11:09:25 am »

Feast implies trashing. But cost reduction + gainers will easily do it, and there are gainers thatncan gain 5s (haggler). With just one action: play bridge and 9 talismans, buy igg.

Dingan

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dingan
  • Respect: +1731
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #1133 on: January 19, 2015, 08:19:20 am »

Somehow, you are in your buy-phase with 1000 coins to spend, 100 buys, are losing by 1 VP, and there are plenty of green cards left.  You have played a bunch of Counterfeits and Contrabands, to the point where you can't actually buy anything.  You don't have any Horn Of Plenty's.  How can you win the game on this turn?  You have not played Outpost.  No shenanigans (Possession, etc.).

(As always, I am thinking of 1 way to do this, but there are probably many.)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 08:22:37 am by Dingan »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1134 on: January 19, 2015, 08:28:03 am »
+1

Somehow, you are in your buy-phase with 1000 coins to spend, 100 buys, are losing by 1 VP, and there are plenty of green cards left.  You have played a bunch of Counterfeits and Contrabands, to the point where you can't actually buy anything.  You don't have any Horn Of Plenty's.  How can you win the game on this turn?  You have not played Outpost.  No shenanigans (Possession, etc.).

Play IGG, gain Copper (emptying the pile) to boost your Gardens or Fairgrounds above the treshold

EDIT:

Play Loan or Venture, discard Tunnels to gain Golds for the same purpose

Play Loan or Counterfeit, trash something to activate Market Squares to gain Golds for the same purpose

EDIT 2: I guess this is technically correct too: you already emptied 3 piles in your Action phase and there's a Province on your Haven/Native Village/Island mat. It returns to your deck at the end of game, giving you enough points to win.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 08:35:06 am by Awaclus »
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Dingan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #1135 on: January 19, 2015, 08:33:58 am »

Play IGG, gain Copper (emptying the pile) to boost your Gardens or Fairgrounds above the treshold

EDIT:

Yes, those work!  But they were not what I had in mind.  What I had in mind does not involve playing any more (treasure) cards that you haven't already played yet at the time of the mentioned circumstances.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1136 on: January 19, 2015, 08:36:59 am »
+3

EDIT:

Yes, those work!  But they were not what I had in mind.  What I had in mind does not involve playing any more (treasure) cards that you haven't already played yet at the time of the mentioned circumstances.

3 piles are already empty. You have a Scheme and a Hermit in play. Don't buy anything, gain a Madman, topdeck Hermit, this boosts your Vineyards over the threshold.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Dingan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #1137 on: January 19, 2015, 09:12:24 am »
+1

EDIT:

3 piles are already empty. You have a Scheme and a Hermit in play. Don't buy anything, gain a Madman, topdeck Hermit, this boosts your Vineyards over the threshold.

Nice!  I was thinking something similar, but slightly different:

You have some number of Hermits in play.  Don't buy anything, gain some Madmen.  Reveal Trader to gain Silvers instead of Madmen.  This empties the Silver pile, 3-piling the game, while bumping up your Feodums.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: January 19, 2015, 01:21:35 pm »

EDIT 2: I guess this is technically correct too: you already emptied 3 piles in your Action phase and there's a Province on your Haven/Native Village/Island mat. It returns to your deck at the end of game, giving you enough points to win.

I don't really agree on that.  Everyone counts those locations as part of your deck because they never won't be.  When considering your current score, you don't ignore those set aside cards.

RTT

• Minion
  • Respect: +707
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: January 28, 2015, 08:42:17 am »
+1

Another one: Native Village was in the Black Market and is now in your deck: How can you get in on your mat?

Gveoniz

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +263
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: January 28, 2015, 08:45:01 am »
+3

Another one: Native Village was in the Black Market and is now in your deck: How can you get in on your mat?

Play Island to put it on the Island mat.

RTT

• Minion
  • Respect: +707
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: January 28, 2015, 08:46:49 am »

Play Island to put it on the Island mat.
I knew this one was easy ;) is there actually a way putting it on your NV mat ?

TheOthin

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: TheOthin
  • Respect: +447
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: January 28, 2015, 10:31:26 am »
+1

You'd have to play NV with NV on the top of your deck. I don't see how that could happen.

Dingan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #1143 on: January 28, 2015, 03:58:09 pm »

No way I can think of.  Similar question though:
I have 1 Native Village in my deck (including my current hand and any mats) that is not on my NV mat.  Without gaining anything else, how can I put it on my NV mat.  Band of Misfits is not in the supply.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 03:59:32 pm by Dingan »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1144 on: January 28, 2015, 04:01:42 pm »
+3

I have 1 Native Village in my deck (including my current hand and any mats) that is not on my NV mat.  Without gaining anything else, how can I put it on my NV mat.  Band of Misfits is not in the supply.

Opponent Masquerades you a Native Village, you play it and set aside the other NV.

Other answer: BoM was in the Black Market deck.

Yet another answer: BoM was in the supply but now the pile is empty.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 04:04:16 pm by Awaclus »

Dingan

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #1145 on: January 28, 2015, 04:07:38 pm »

Opponent Masquerades you a Native Village, you play it and set aside the other NV.

Yeppers.  I was thinking of your second answer.  Hadn't thought of Masquerade as I have always thought that getting a card via Masquerade should be a "gain".

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: January 28, 2015, 04:55:37 pm »
+1

Yeppers.  I was thinking of your second answer.  Hadn't thought of Masquerade as I have always thought that getting a card via Masquerade should be a "gain".

If that were the case, you'd have to reveal each card before passing them and it could create weird situations with on-gain effects that may or may not have been created yet.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1147 on: January 29, 2015, 05:38:15 am »

I just bought an Estate for $5. On my next turn, I won the game because of that. Why? (this actually happened so you can cheat by searching for my recent games against faust on gokosalvager if you want)

Some obvious answers that didn't actually happen:
  • the Duchy pile was empty/embargoed/contrabanded/in a disadvantageous PPR situation, and I needed the point
  • Baron was in the kingdom and I needed something to discard
  • Something cared about the card's name and having a card named Estate was more beneficial than other options

I can think of at least two other reasons in addition to the reason why I actually did it.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +576
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: January 29, 2015, 06:40:18 am »

You knew your opponent was going to play followers next turn, had a number of cards in deck equal to 8mod10 (i.e. 8, 18, 28, 38 etc..) and there was 1 estate & 1 province in supply, and no extra buys. If you gained the Duchy, they could gain the estate and province, increasing gardens value and winning. If you gain the estate, they cannot boost their Gardens that turn, and a Province loses them the game. Next turn, you buy the province and win.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #1149 on: January 29, 2015, 06:44:44 am »

You knew your opponent was going to play followers next turn, had a number of cards in deck equal to 8mod10 (i.e. 8, 18, 28, 38 etc..) and there was 1 estate & 1 province in supply, and no extra buys. If you gained the Duchy, they could gain the estate and province, increasing gardens value and winning. If you gain the estate, they cannot boost their Gardens that turn, and a Province loses them the game. Next turn, you buy the province and win.

Oh, I forgot about that. The Estate pile wasn't about to be emptied.

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.