Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Easy Puzzles  (Read 816707 times)

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1706
    • View Profile
Re: Easy Puzzles
« Reply #2025 on: November 12, 2015, 04:39:57 pm »

At the start of my turn, I have a Coin of the Realm on my tavern mat. During the turn, I call it. At the end of the turn, it's back on my tavern mat. How did it get there?

Call your Coin of the Realm. Play Black Market. Buy Mandarin; Coin of the Realm goes on your deck. Draw some cards somehow; now Coin is back in hand. Play Coin of the Realm and it goes back to your tavern mat.
Bingo! (Also any combination of playing BM/Storyteller and then gaining Mandarin works.) Now, to find a game where that is a legitimate engine strategy - possibly involving Graverobber to gain the same Mandarin multiple times.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: November 16, 2015, 07:06:50 pm »
+2

I play three Knights and enter my Buy phase with .  I played no other cards that turn, and there were no Durations from last turn resolving and the only Reserve called was a single Coin of the Realm.  I didn't use Borrow or any Coin tokens.  How?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 07:08:40 pm by werothegreat »
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4443
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: November 16, 2015, 07:31:55 pm »

I play three Knights and enter my Buy phase with .  I played no other cards that turn, and there were no Durations from last turn resolving and the only Reserve called was a single Coin of the Realm.  I didn't use Borrow or any Coin tokens.  How?

Clarification question: do a Caravan Guard played on your opponent's last turn and a Lighthouse played on your own last turn both count as a "Duration from last turn"?

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: November 16, 2015, 08:24:17 pm »

Clarification question: do a Caravan Guard played on your opponent's last turn and a Lighthouse played on your own last turn both count as a "Duration from last turn"?

Yes.  No Durations in play or Processed or Bonfired out of play.  No Durations in the Kingdom or Black Market even.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: November 16, 2015, 09:27:40 pm »
+11

You inherited Dame Sylvia.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1758
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: November 16, 2015, 09:30:10 pm »
+1

Your +1 coin token is on the Knights pile, and one of the Knights you played is Sylvia.

Edit: This is wrong because of what eHalcyon said.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 09:41:55 pm by Deadlock39 »

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: November 16, 2015, 09:34:36 pm »
+2

Your +1 coin token is on the Knights pile, and one of the Knights you played is Sylvia.

That would only get you to +$5.  CotR doesn't give you coin when you call it.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: November 16, 2015, 09:41:19 pm »

That would only get you to +$5.  CotR doesn't give you coin when you call it.

Yep, missed that.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5347
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: November 19, 2015, 04:02:48 pm »
+2

There is a card in Prosperity with an effect that you can use on any card in the game, except a set of less than ten and more than five. Which card?

It's possible there are several solutions. In that case, pick one. Also, remember folks, events are not cards.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: November 19, 2015, 04:28:48 pm »
+1

There is a card in Prosperity with an effect that you can use on any card in the game, except a set of less than ten and more than five. Which card?

It's possible there are several solutions. In that case, pick one. Also, remember folks, events are not cards.

I suspect the answer is Watchtower/Royal Seal, which don't work on a handful of cards that they can lose track of, but I'm not sure I can come up with a list of more than 5.

Unless I remember incorrectly Nomad Camp wouldn't count because it is where it is expected to be due to "no visiting"
Death Cart would fail to Top Deck if the Ruins pile isn't empty.
Cache would be the same with Coppers
Same for Border Village if there are any valid gaining targets.
(But do those work if you apply the effect to the cards that go on top of them first, or are they lost as soon as the on-gain gains visit the discard?)
I think you lose track of Inn.

I can't really think of any more...
Duchy if you chose to gain a Duchess.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: November 19, 2015, 05:30:38 pm »

I suspect the answer is Watchtower/Royal Seal, which don't work on a handful of cards that they can lose track of, but I'm not sure I can come up with a list of more than 5.

Unless I remember incorrectly Nomad Camp wouldn't count because it is where it is expected to be due to "no visiting"
Death Cart would fail to Top Deck if the Ruins pile isn't empty.
Cache would be the same with Coppers
Same for Border Village if there are any valid gaining targets.
(But do those work if you apply the effect to the cards that go on top of them first, or are they lost as soon as the on-gain gains visit the discard?)
I think you lose track of Inn.

I can't really think of any more...
Duchy if you chose to gain a Duchess.

Let me clarify: My solution means "can [...] except" in the sense of "for those you cannot possibly". That is, you couldn't do it even if you tried to, all edge-cases considered.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: November 19, 2015, 05:58:21 pm »

Took another perusal through the Prosperity cards and couldn't come up with any other great ideas.

I guess Quarry can't reduce the cost of Poor House, Copper, Curse, and the 5 Ruins by $2?

Edit... it only effects actions so that is obviously not it.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: November 19, 2015, 06:01:50 pm »

Took another perusal through the Prosperity cards and couldn't come up with any other great ideas.

I guess Quarry can't reduce the cost of Poor House, Copper, Curse, and the 5 Ruins by $2?

Edit... it only effects actions so that is obviously not it.

You weren't that far away before.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: November 19, 2015, 06:03:01 pm »
+2

Wait...

Is it Watchtower/Royal Seal because you can never gain the Traveller upgrades? Seems possible that is what you are looking for, but it isn't possible to gain the Shelters either so that would make the total 11 cards.

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: November 19, 2015, 06:25:08 pm »

Wait...

Is it Watchtower/Royal Seal because you can never gain the Traveller upgrades? Seems possible that is what you are looking for, but it isn't possible to gain the Shelters either so that would make the total 11 cards.

:(
I forgot the Shelters... Foolish Asper is foolish.

singletee

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: singletee
  • Gold, Silver, Copper, Let's Jam!
  • Respect: +1609
    • View Profile
« Reply #2040 on: November 19, 2015, 06:31:53 pm »
+2

Wait...

Rogue/Graverobber can gain Traveller upgrades from the trash

Is it King's Court? Library, Watchtower, Secret Chamber, Counting House, Tactician, Teacher, Duplicate, Distant Lands, and Prince do not have any additional effect when Kinged (barring actions-played count and tokens on the piles).

EDIT: Never mind, it has to apply to all cards in the game, and KC can't do anything with non-actions. It was nice compiling the list, though.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 06:34:54 pm by singletee »

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: November 19, 2015, 06:57:59 pm »

I suck at this... :'(

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: November 19, 2015, 09:14:36 pm »

That's alright, it was fun anyway. 

Asper

• Governor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: November 20, 2015, 04:10:08 am »

That's alright, it was fun anyway.

Nah, i think creating puzzles just isn't my strength. Thanks though.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: November 20, 2015, 11:52:57 am »
+1

I Summon a Death Cart, knowing full well the Ruins it gains will make Summon lose track of it, leaving it in my discard pile.  The Curse pile is empty, I have no cards in hand, and the only cards I have in play are Treasures.  Why?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: November 20, 2015, 11:57:47 am »

Wait...

Sorry, why can't you gain the Traveler upgrades?  Can't some of them be Trashed and Gained with Graverobber or Rogue?

Edit: Actually, all of them cost from 3 and 6. 
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 12:00:23 pm by Witherweaver »

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: November 20, 2015, 12:08:41 pm »
+1

I Summon a Death Cart, knowing full well the Ruins it gains will make Summon lose track of it, leaving it in my discard pile.  The Curse pile is empty, I have no cards in hand, and the only cards I have in play are Treasures.  Why?

You have Talisman in play and don't want to gain a second Death Cart by buying the Death Cart directly.

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1843
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: November 20, 2015, 12:14:48 pm »
+6

Death Cart is an extremely good card as we all know. So naturally, when you played your Contraband, your witty opponent banned it. But you managed to break his pitiful obstacles by summoning the satanic vehicle using black magic.

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1797
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: November 20, 2015, 12:18:35 pm »
+2

Well, you probably only drew Treasures this turn.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: November 20, 2015, 12:27:55 pm »

You have Talisman in play and don't want to gain a second Death Cart by buying the Death Cart directly.

Ehhhhh I guess.  Not what I was looking for, though.

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 139  All

Page created in 2.133 seconds with 20 queries.