Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Combo: Death Cart+Watchtower  (Read 2353 times)

math

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: math
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
Combo: Death Cart+Watchtower
« on: March 30, 2013, 12:48:14 am »
+5

I discovered this combo in a game today.  This probably isn't a combo you're likely to see that often, but it works very well when these two cards are present.

The main problem with Death Cart is that it is difficult to line up the Death Cart with your Ruins.  You rely on shuffle luck too much, and the Ruins clog up your deck in the meantime.  Having a Watchtower in hand when you buy Death Cart eliminates this problem: simply trash one Ruins, then topdeck Death Cart and the other Ruins.  This effectively turns Death Cart into a guaranteed two-shot terminal Platinum with no penalty, which can help you jump to expensive cards quickly.

To pull off this combo, you only need to have a Watchtower and $4 worth of treasure in your hand, which is not very difficult.  You will probably want more than one Watchtower in your deck so you can do this repeatedly.

heatthespurs

• Spy
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
Re: Combo: Death Cart+Watchtower
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 04:14:36 am »

This effectively turns Death Cart into a guaranteed two-shot terminal Platinum with no penalty

To be precise the 1st time you play it, it is generating 5 coins using up two slot in hand (where Platinum use just one slot). Though it should be helpful in getting expensive card early with minimal drawback.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 05:33:22 pm »

I probably would still keep the other Ruins, just not topdeck it.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

math

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: math
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 06:23:04 pm »
+1

Even with Death Cart, Ruins are a bad thing to have unless you have a way to increase the chances of lining them up together.  They just aren't nearly as bad as in other situations.  If you already have a few Death Carts in your deck, keeping an extra Ruins could be good, because it's likely you will draw it with one of your Death Carts.  If you have an engine that can draw most of your deck, keeping the Ruins could be a good idea.  Without enablers, though, Ruins are still bad.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.554 seconds with 21 queries.