Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Governor + Minion is weird...  (Read 974 times)

mgallop

• Baron
  • Respect: +14
    • View Profile
Governor + Minion is weird...
« on: March 13, 2013, 03:09:19 am »

Got to play with governor + minion in a recent game (+ oasis) and its just a really weird dynamic, because the governor +3 card has absolutely no downside, the + gold actually clogs your opponents deck with terrible silvers, and the remodel just helps a lot, but also potentially lets your opponent protect good hands.

A few thoughts:
1) Not sure this strategy is actually better than pure Governor zerg-rush, but I think colonies help a lot in that regard.
2) Pretty sure with any village support this becomes degenerate on this board, the fact that the only thing to do with bonus Gov cards was oasis kept the local systems in line.

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201303/13/game-20130313-000410-4447de91.html

Am I late to the party on this interaction, and was there something better to be doing?

kn1tt3r

• Minion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile
Re: Governor + Minion is weird...
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 03:45:35 am »

Games with Governor and Minion tend to confuse me too, which is mainly because there are two important cards you usually want to rush, but it's not really clear which one to prefer. Moreover, the usual Governor play somewhat conflicts with the usual Minion approach to not get too much money, which means that even if in a vacuum Minion might be better than Governor (which I don't know), the constant Silver flow will sort of prevent Minion from getting off the ground. So maybe most times Governor > Minion?

And yeah, the Governer +cards effect is nice with Minion, but it's quite rare that you can this really use to your full advantage, because with Minions you want to rush Minions first, and with Governor you don't need any Minions.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1384
    • View Profile
Re: Governor + Minion is weird...
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 09:02:28 am »
+1

I once had a really weird game with Governor, Minion, Black Market and a village of some sort. My strategy pretty much wrote itself.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.