Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Played Witch on a City board, but came up short. Should I have skipped it?  (Read 1854 times)

catsclaw

• Golem
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201303/12/game-20130312-082626-0064a0c0.html

I figured with the 5/2 split I could buy a Witch then run the Fool's Golds, switch to Cities, then either three pile or buy a couple Colonies.  But my opponent managed to get a lucky Platinum and pulled out the victory.  Should I have skipped the Witch?  Avoided the Fool's Golds?

CopperrCopper

• Scout
  • Respect: +13
    • View Profile
+1

You lost by 2 points in a colony game when you went second.  We could probably go turn by turn and find a thing here or there, but I'd say thats pretty close. 

philosophyguy

• Minion
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile

Wow, this is an interesting set. I think the big difference is trashing—you never got a Steward until turn 13, while your opponent used a Steward early, which helped with cycling, getting rid of Curses, and connecting Fool's Golds. The Remodel that he bought on turn 11 also helped out with leveling your City edge—he picked up the last three, if I'm reading the log right.

I think picking up a Steward on turn 3 or 4 (probably 3, since you'll need a village of some sort and your odds of hitting 4 or 5 on turn 4 are pretty decent) would have been a stronger play.

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
+1

On turn 5, you should buy a platinum instead of a city.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile

You need a steward or remodel by turn 4. If you let the deck expand too much with treasure then it will always be too slow to correct later.

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile

On turn 5, you should buy a platinum instead of a city.

I don't agree with this, unless you're implying that he should go for money instead of trying to build an Action-oriented deck.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.