Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Log shows too much: putting back/discard  (Read 1072 times)

mameluke

• Duke
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
Log shows too much: putting back/discard
« on: March 21, 2013, 01:30:17 am »

Hi all,
This seems to be a serious error in Goko. Some cards, like Mandarin and Duchess should not show the other player what gets put back on top of the deck. But Goko does in fact tell the other player (I've been using the log "parser" from this site, and it just came to my attention). Can anyone confirm that the same happens with Ghost Ship, Cartographer, Lookout, and the like?

I've also noticed the same with discarding--if you get hit by Militia, you can see exactly which cards were discarded. Iso didn't do this, but Iso also didn't let you see the top card of the other players' discard. In IRL games, I definitely know at least one of the cards that gets discarded, so I'm less concerned about this one. Is there an official ruling about revealing discarded cards?

PS: http://dom.retrobox.eu/?/20130320/log.50ef27c4e4b01a13905ce40e.1363843344379.txt E.g. turn 26 for Mandarin and Duchess.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12870
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Log shows too much: putting back/discard
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 02:08:09 am »

Is there an official ruling about revealing discarded cards?
You don't have to reveal discarded cards, you just have to show how many you are discarding and obviously the top card is then going to be visible.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.447 seconds with 21 queries.