Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Some goko n00b questions from an isotropic vet  (Read 2759 times)

Mad Dog

• Pawn
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
Some goko n00b questions from an isotropic vet
« on: March 08, 2013, 02:56:36 am »
+1

Hey all,

Ok, so I finally moved over to Goko, what with isotropic closing and all. I don't mind paying for stuff; it's just a shame Goko's offering is currently, to me, inferior to the free one, but it's still fun, and hopefully will improve just as isotropic did over the years.

A couple of questions:
- What's the best way to feed things back to the Goko people? I'm sure they're trying to make something that the community likes (and will hence pay for) and their support seems responsive. I also note there has been some engagement on this board. If I have constructive suggestions for them what's the best channel?

- The one thing that I miss most about Iso is the point tracker. I am terrible at counting those odd estates,  especially when various interface issues make it tricky to see what happened with your opponents hand. Are there any third party ways to track points yet, or inbuilt point tracker in the offing.

Apologies if these are already answered elsewhere; I couldn't find much with a brief search.

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
Re: Some goko n00b questions from an isotropic vet
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 03:07:54 am »
+1

- What's the best way to feed things back to the Goko people? I'm sure they're trying to make something that the community likes (and will hence pay for) and their support seems responsive. I also note there has been some engagement on this board. If I have constructive suggestions for them what's the best channel?
Best one is probably here...

- The one thing that I miss most about Iso is the point tracker. I am terrible at counting those odd estates,  especially when various interface issues make it tricky to see what happened with your opponents hand. Are there any third party ways to track points yet, or inbuilt point tracker in the offing.

All I know is that drheld (who made the Chrome Extension for iso) is/was working on a tracker for Goko. Github is here, don't know how far this is.  But there will be one in not much time I guess, there is already an extension modifiying the log, and from there it is not far from counting points, so I bet someone will do this.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 05:04:35 am »

As I understand it, work on the Point Counter Extension is stalled until Goko implements matchmaking, because it would be unfair otherwise.  As on iso, people should have a means of avoiding playing with people using the PCE if they wish.

Avalanchian

• Spy
  • Respect: +73
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 05:52:27 am »

Are there any third party ways to track points yet, or inbuilt point tracker in the offing.

Personally, I just scrawl notes on my belly using my own blood. Much simpler.

Disclaimer: Do not try this at home kids. For a start, it's against the rules.
"Edge case challenges are the Rube Goldberg machines of Dominion" - Michaeljb

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9631
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 08:42:12 am »

Are there any third party ways to track points yet, or inbuilt point tracker in the offing.

Personally, I just scrawl notes on my belly using my own blood. Much simpler.

Disclaimer: Do not try this at home kids. For a start, it's against the rules.

Since my Prosperity set came with only 5VP tokens and no 1VP tokens, I generally just get out pen and paper and tally VP tokens whenever I play with the relevant cards.  Given that this achieves the exact same effect as the tokens, I don't see a problem with it.  I certainly don't add Estates or whatnot to it.  And counting Victory cards mentally certainly isn't that hard, especially not on Goko or iso, which lets you see how many cards are left in each pile at a glance.  Just keep track of how many cards you have bought, and you'll know how many they have bought.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 08:55:17 am »

- The one thing that I miss most about Iso is the point tracker. I am terrible at counting those odd estates,  especially when various interface issues make it tricky to see what happened with your opponents hand.

Don't forget, you can check the trash for those Estates and Curses.

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 01:10:38 pm »
+1

I knew an isotropic vet once, but wasn't too impressed.  He couldn't tell you which way a horse was facing without sticking his hand in and seeing if he got bitten.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9415
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 01:26:30 pm »

I knew an isotropic vet once, but wasn't too impressed.  He couldn't tell you which way a horse was facing without sticking his hand in and seeing if he got bitten.

That was terrible.  In a good way though.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 01:34:42 pm »

change it to trusty steed and you're golden.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 02:15:51 pm by Axxle »
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

qmech

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: qmech
  • What year is it?
  • Respect: +2320
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 01:37:31 pm »

change it to trusty streed and you're golden.
Only with a special kind Of nose Bag.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.394 seconds with 21 queries.