Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Author Topic: Two Rooms and a Boom Sign Up Thread  (Read 18165 times)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Two Rooms and a Boom Sign Up Thread
« Reply #175 on: April 14, 2013, 04:22:53 pm »

wait, I thought ozle was running it :P

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 15, 2013, 08:07:51 am »

I'd be in for playing this again, with shorter deadlines and many many more roles! I think the doc-pres and eng-bomber wasn't too great because they had a very good chance of finding each other eventually.

how did you guys decide to send grujah instead of qvist? flip a coin?

Basically my choice was Grujah or anybody else.  I chose to send Grujah because I thought it slightly more likely that you would send Galzria away than President.  Realistically, this should have been non 50-50 WIFOM, based on the various unknown pieces of information, and I think that would have made you slightly more likely to keep the president.  I should have used some weighted coin flip, instead I just decided.  You flipped a coin, so that voided your info (or lack of info), which is the only thing that altered my probabilities.  (since I knew Qvist wasn't president at that point).  Which means, I just got lucky :)

You should have sent someone other than ashersky for round 5.  Looks like twistedarcher was the one to send (since you needed the real doctor/pres to co-reveal).  Assuming we still had sent Tables, you could have still kept the president with some high probability, I think the same probability as us keeping the bomb would have been ideal.  (and I would have had to weight keeping the bomb higher because either president was already in room, or president was in other room and going to come there).  Lack of info says there's a 50-50 chance the pres is already there, so >50 chance that the pres will be there at game end.

Anyways, while a lot was random, I think there were ways to do better-than-even on randomness.

What's especially cool is that we only lost one extra red-team member in the explosion.  2/3 of red team survived :)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 08:11:20 am by theorel »

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 15, 2013, 08:22:07 am »

No, there was no reason for you to weight anything. even if we had sent TA it would still be 50-50.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 15, 2013, 08:23:36 am »

Oh wait, nevermind. that's interesting.. the blue team has an advantage.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 15, 2013, 11:10:30 am »

I'd be in for playing this again, with shorter deadlines and many many more roles! I think the doc-pres and eng-bomber wasn't too great because they had a very good chance of finding each other eventually.

how did you guys decide to send grujah instead of qvist? flip a coin?

Basically my choice was Grujah or anybody else.  I chose to send Grujah because I thought it slightly more likely that you would send Galzria away than President.  Realistically, this should have been non 50-50 WIFOM, based on the various unknown pieces of information, and I think that would have made you slightly more likely to keep the president.  I should have used some weighted coin flip, instead I just decided.  You flipped a coin, so that voided your info (or lack of info), which is the only thing that altered my probabilities.  (since I knew Qvist wasn't president at that point).  Which means, I just got lucky :)

You should have sent someone other than ashersky for round 5.  Looks like twistedarcher was the one to send (since you needed the real doctor/pres to co-reveal).  Assuming we still had sent Tables, you could have still kept the president with some high probability, I think the same probability as us keeping the bomb would have been ideal.  (and I would have had to weight keeping the bomb higher because either president was already in room, or president was in other room and going to come there).  Lack of info says there's a 50-50 chance the pres is already there, so >50 chance that the pres will be there at game end.

Anyways, while a lot was random, I think there were ways to do better-than-even on randomness.

What's especially cool is that we only lost one extra red-team member in the explosion.  2/3 of red team survived :)

I had wanted to send Eevee for round 5, but he didn't check the game at all during round 4 to do the co-reveal. I would have sent myself instead of Eevee afterwards, but I wasn't 100% sure that everyone would check the game in time to vote for a new President

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 15, 2013, 04:05:52 pm »

When a leader leaves a room he chooses the new leader, no vote.

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 15, 2013, 04:43:34 pm »

When a leader leaves a room he chooses the new leader, no vote.

Well I wish I had known that.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 15, 2013, 05:40:59 pm »

Looks like I missed the ending, but yay Red Team won!
I'd be in for a Game II, but with these changes:

24 hour deadlines
Unlimited whispers
More Roles

The first round was really fun, but the rounds got less fun as the game went on. I really want to try this IRL, but getting enough people would be hard...

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 15, 2013, 07:47:26 pm »

I agree with everybody on more roles! This was way too vanilla/easy/random.

Also, I think I was moved EVERY. SINGLE. ROUND. :O

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 15, 2013, 09:20:23 pm »

You weren't moved at the end of Round 4.  Tables and Ashersky swapped :)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Page created in 1.473 seconds with 19 queries.