Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Another Copper-junker  (Read 1043 times)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
Another Copper-junker
« on: March 07, 2013, 05:01:01 pm »

Archbishop
$5 - Action-Attack
+$2
+1 Buy
Each other player may trash a Treasure or Action card from his hand. If he does not, he gains 2 Copper.

This was inspired by WilsonWriter's Pied Piper, here.

It is a mix of several different attack types.  It is a trashing handsize reducer or a junker.  Although it distributes Copper, it is tempered in that it helps opponents get rid of Copper as well, especially early on.

The name was chosen because it lets other players trash, like Bishop, but may also give out "alms" to them.  Sort of.  An alternative name might be "Cardinal".

I am not sure of the vanilla bonuses.  It definitely should be terminal.  Any suggestions on different vanilla bonuses with good reason for it?  Thoughts on the attack strength?  I'm not sure how strong it would be.  It is generally a benefit to opponents early on, unless there is strong trashing.  It might feel as torturous as Torturer, deciding between keeping that card so you can afford an important card or to take on TWO Coppers, which is quite a lot.  I expect Mountebank would still be much stronger, but the choice here feels worse than just discarding a Curse.

One Armed Man

• Tactician
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
Re: Another Copper-junker
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 08:32:42 pm »

I thought the reasoning behind a Coppering attack is that people are unlikely to run out of Coppers in the supply even if the attack is successful over and over. This card happens to be fairly weak since it helps mild engine-players with its light trashing. Its basic ability is woodcutter, which isn't too strong by itself. Good defenses include mandarin, fortress, courtyard, scout?, cartographer, navigator, gardens, silk road, duke, draw-up-to, apothecary, estate-trashers, watchtower, trader. Strong against Scheme, alchemist (strong with as well), trading post, altar?, cellar?, pearl diver?, pawn? (those cheap cards might end up trashed). It seems okay.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.593 seconds with 20 queries.