Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Castles of Burgundy / Burgen von Burgund at boiteajeux II (Invitations out)  (Read 4710 times)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Aw man, it's like Archetype only comes online at night after Watno has already gone to bed.  Watno why did you pull ahead of me in turn order?  It was slightly more fluid before! :P

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Are you guys around?  Maybe we can finish this game in the next little bit. :)

Edit: I guess I came in too late.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 09:32:12 pm by eHalcyon »

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile

Hey look.

We're all on.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Go go go?

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile

Oh, forgot confirming.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile

cpngratulations eHalc. Didn't expect to be that far behind.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Good game.  Watno, I was more worried about you than Arche.  Wasn't expecting you so far back either!

I think you guys let me have too many of the things I needed.  There were lots of times you both could have disrupted me heavily without hurting yourselves much, particularly in taking the second church in phase 2 and many of the City Halls.  I can't believe I got all six of them.  ;D

Watno, I know you got really unlucky in not getting any sheep in phase 5.  If my hens had been sheep instead, you would have taken it away.  I think it might have been better for you if you had tried to steal my chickens.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Good game.  Watno, I was more worried about you than Arche.  Wasn't expecting you so far back either!

To clarify, I wasn't as worried about Arche because he didn't really have any end game points to speak of... but then he sped ahead on all those boats and got that large bonus tile.  I started worrying about that, which is why I went for the pigs instead of the yellow tile.  I had to pick one or the other.  The pigs were worth more overall points, but it meant ceding the yellow region to you.  If I went for the yellow, I would have fewer points but you would also have way less (because the pigs would only be 5 points to you instead of the 14 for completing yellow).  Arche was a threat too so I went for more points!

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile

Great job eHalc!

I think I would have played this slightly different now that I understand the strategy. Focusing more on the buildings than those three knowledge tiles, and not making that misplay at the end.  ;D

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile

To clarify, I wasn't as worried about Arche because he didn't really have any end game points to speak of... but then he sped ahead on all those boats and got that large bonus tile.  I started worrying about that, which is why I went for the pigs instead of the yellow tile.  I had to pick one or the other.  The pigs were worth more overall points, but it meant ceding the yellow region to you.  If I went for the yellow, I would have fewer points but you would also have way less (because the pigs would only be 5 points to you instead of the 14 for completing yellow).  Arche was a threat too so I went for more points!
There are some cool knowlege cards, but the only one I actually used was the Blue/Green free dice adjustment one... :P

Your unlimited of a kind of building in a City is surprisingly powerful, especially when you get the 4 points per X tiles too.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile

I think playing 2 of this at the same time isnt a good idea.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

Oh man, I didn't realize that the mines would generate more things after the last phase.

@Watno, yeah, maybe your focus was split.  There were lots of times you could have scooped things I needed!

@Arche, you did good picking up all those cows though.  You should have tried to grab the animal knowledge tile that Watno got; not sure if you ever had the chance though.  The placement knowledge tiles you chose weren't so useful for you... for the green/yellow/grey one, you didn't get many of those tiles.  And the blue/light green one you got late when you had already placed most of your cows and ships!  Plus you really should have taken the Market and the Market knowledge tile in your first turn of the last phase.

I got super lucky though, both in all the Hens that came out as well as the crapton of City Halls that appeared.  What is the most you could possibly get of a single building?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile

For posterity, link.

Does anyone have a physical copy of this game who can answer my question about number of buildings possible?

Also, I think I want to get a physical copy of at least one Feld game.  CoB is now high on the list.  Wondering about how it compares to others.  But that deserves a thread of its own...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 1.108 seconds with 19 queries.