Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: terminal hell  (Read 1654 times)

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
terminal hell
« on: March 07, 2013, 10:11:26 am »

this is the most interesting board i've played in a long time with no cantrips. it almost has no draw as well. it's a colony game, and we have (after veto). what would you do? i think it's clear that the goal is to king's court a mountebank before the opponent does the same. but how?

cards in supply: Colony, Contraband, Goons, Jack of All Trades, King's Court, Monument, Mountebank, Pirate Ship, Platinum, Saboteur, Vault, and Venture

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201303/07/game-20130307-070520-47ea4723.html

Geronimoo

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +868
    • View Profile
    • Geronimoo's Dominion Simulator
Re: terminal hell
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 10:52:29 am »

KC'ing a Mountebank is brutal but unlikely. Drawing KC dead is annoying but very likely. Simulations show an early KC is worth the risk, but this means you need to get lucky twice: getting $7 in the early game and colliding the Mountebank with the KC.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5349
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 11:20:25 am »

I'd probably open Jack and Silver, and buy a Vault or Contraband then. It's easy to hit 7$ with Vault, especially with a deck full of Silvers, and Contraband has enough good things to choose from, here. Just KC does neither synergize with Vault nor with Contraband, and not even that good with Goons... Bah!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 11:21:58 am by Asper »

RTT

• Minion
  • Respect: +707
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 07:43:25 am »

pirate ship seems to be strong here  ;)

i think this is defenitly an option because you have to go With money Cards to not draw to much dead actions. and if i am player 2 and 1 opens with Jack i think opening PShip is pretty good.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 09:57:04 am »

i think this is defenitly an option because you have to go With money Cards to not draw to much dead actions. and if i am player 2 and 1 opens with Jack i think opening PShip is pretty good.

I would love for the other player to play Pirate Ship against me here. If I opened Jack/Silver against Pirate Ship/Silver, I would use Vault to get King's Courts, and King's Court Monuments all day, with my opponent getting rid of my Coppers (and even Silvers) for me.

RTT

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 10:16:29 am »

I would love for the other player to play Pirate Ship against me here. If I opened Jack/Silver against Pirate Ship/Silver, I would use Vault to get King's Courts, and King's Court Monuments all day, with my opponent getting rid of my Coppers (and even Silvers) for me.
so you wuld love to play agains me =)

zporiri

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: zporiri
  • Go, and do likewise.
  • Respect: +130
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 10:17:03 am »

id veto mountebank and play vault+BM, it's tough to beat w/o any cantrips/villages. pick up 2-3 vaults.
Go, and do likewise.

RTT

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 10:18:10 am »

id veto mountebank and play vault+BM, it's tough to beat w/o any cantrips/villages. pick up 2-3 vaults.
and you go for provinces or colonies?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.018 seconds with 21 queries.