Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: The Future of Isotropic  (Read 49597 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
Re: The Future of Isotropic
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2013, 06:34:20 pm »

It's true... i already bought a box..

In another few paychecks, I may order Innovation off of Amazon.  Key word "may" - I already have enough trouble trying to find people to play Dominion with in real life.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

gryph202

• Baron
  • Respect: +8
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2013, 10:11:59 pm »

In another few paychecks, I may order Innovation off of Amazon.  Key word "may" - I already have enough trouble trying to find people to play Dominion with in real life.

Just out of curiosity, how much have you spent on Dominion so far?  You can get the base set of Innovation for less than $20, and buy all extant expansions for about the price of one large Dominion expansion.  Seems to me like Innovation is a far less expensive hobby than Dominion. Do demos at your FLGS and you'll probably get at least a couple of people hooked. 

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2013, 11:21:02 pm »

Just out of curiosity, how much have you spent on Dominion so far?  You can get the base set of Innovation for less than $20, and buy all extant expansions for about the price of one large Dominion expansion.  Seems to me like Innovation is a far less expensive hobby than Dominion. Do demos at your FLGS and you'll probably get at least a couple of people hooked.

FLGS = ?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2013, 11:22:13 pm »

FLGS = ?

Friendly Local Game Store
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2013, 06:08:26 am »
+1

My local gaming store isnt very friendly though...

NVFLGS?
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

gryph202

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2013, 10:31:18 am »

NVFLGS?

Oy vey.  Look, I'm aware that Innovation isn't everyone's cup of tea.  Fine.  All right.  Neither is Dominion!

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2013, 10:48:49 am »

Neither is Dominion!
I wanted to make some ridiculous comment on this, but actually I don't see where this
Look, I'm aware that Innovation isn't everyone's cup of tea
even came up in Ozle's post...

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2013, 11:12:50 am »
+1

Looks like a misinterpretation.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2013, 01:41:43 pm »

Possibly a carry over from a different discussion we had the other day? Or he has got me mixed up with Were (not sure which of us should be offended!)

Also, surely everyone likes Innovation!

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9412
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2013, 01:49:57 pm »
+2

Possibly a carry over from a different discussion we had the other day? Or he has got me mixed up with Were (not sure which of us should be offended!)

Also, surely everyone likes Innovation!

Not necessarily.  And please don't call me Shirley.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2013, 02:50:48 pm »

Its slightly Ironic that actually I dont have a FLGS at all anyway. Or if I do, its Forbidden planet, and thats not very local, or even a decent gaming store!

Fumanchu

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2013, 03:43:40 pm »
+3

Oh well. I guess some thanks are in order. As good a game as dominion is (and it is one of the best games ever imo), a big reason I've spent so many hours playing online was the community; dominionstrategy, this forum, councilroom. I don't see myself playing on goko either, unless the interface gets streamlined and we can get the same kind of matchmaking/rankings/support we had at iso. So thank you dougz for making isotropic, theory for dominionstrategy, gerominoo for your simulator, rrenaud and everyone else on the councilroom team, marin for your crazy fun engines, wanderingwinder for your videos and analysis (and repeatedly beating me senseless), everyone who had contributed articles and advice here and to all of my opponents. It was fun.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2013, 04:56:54 pm »

NVFLGS?

Oy vey.  Look, I'm aware that Innovation isn't everyone's cup of tea.  Fine.  All right.  Neither is Dominion!

BLASPHEMY

Anyway, I'm not really a fan of the kind of people who frequent my local gaming store.  That is, annoying straight most-likely-virgins with no lives who wouldn't know a good joke if it tap danced in front of them naked.

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2013, 05:15:38 pm »
+2

Anyway, I'm not really a fan of the kind of people who frequent my local gaming store.  That is, annoying straight most-likely-virgins with no lives who wouldn't know a good joke if it tap danced in front of them naked.

Hey... >:(

(Though, the people who frequent my FLGS tend to be adolescent Magic addicts, so I don't completely disagree.)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 05:18:11 pm by dondon151 »

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2013, 06:26:57 pm »
+2

NVFLGS?

BLASPHEMY

He's correct.  Neither Tea nor Innovation is Dominion.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2013, 06:44:22 pm »

Mmmm nice cup of tea would be nice

ipofanes

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: ipofanes
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2013, 04:29:03 am »

Oh well. I guess some thanks are in order. As good a game as dominion is (and it is one of the best games ever imo), a big reason I've spent so many hours playing online was the community; dominionstrategy, this forum, councilroom. I don't see myself playing on goko either, unless the interface gets streamlined and we can get the same kind of matchmaking/rankings/support we had at iso. So thank you dougz for making isotropic, theory for dominionstrategy, gerominoo for your simulator, rrenaud and everyone else on the councilroom team, marin for your crazy fun engines, wanderingwinder for your videos and analysis (and repeatedly beating me senseless), everyone who had contributed articles and advice here and to all of my opponents. It was fun.

And many thanks to Donald X for thinking up this brilliant game, introducing a new game mechanism which proved to be seminal, and patiently answering questions on this forum.
Lord Rattington denies my undo requests

gryph202

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2013, 07:23:49 am »

And many thanks to Donald X for thinking up this brilliant game, introducing a new game mechanism which proved to be seminal, and patiently answering questions on this forum.

Some people here make it sound like we're at a funeral mourning Dominion's death.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2013, 09:02:05 am »

Some people here make it sound like we're at a funeral mourning Dominion's death.

ipofanes

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: ipofanes
  • Respect: +776
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2013, 09:30:38 am »

"Dominion's not dead, it just smells funny."
Lord Rattington denies my undo requests

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2013, 09:33:02 am »
+1

Its not dead, its only resting.....

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2013, 09:33:51 am »
+1

That is...

Wero, this line is completely uncalled for.  >:(

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2013, 09:38:31 am »

That is...

Wero, this line is completely uncalled for.  >:(

1) I never said I meant any of you on here
2) That was to clarify so none of you thought I was racist or something

Nitsuj

• Chancellor
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2013, 10:59:09 am »

I wouldn't be surprised if Isotropic Dominion carries on as the primary playtesting system for new dominion development.  The fact that Guilds has been implemented in Isotropic suggests that they are using it for playtesting.  So, if you really like isotropic, try to get to be a playtester!

Ozle

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2013, 11:10:44 am »

I wouldn't be surprised if Isotropic Dominion carries on as the primary playtesting system for new dominion development.  The fact that Guilds has been implemented in Isotropic suggests that they are using it for playtesting.  So, if you really like isotropic, try to get to be a playtester!

Guilds was play tested aaaages ago. There is no more dominion development planned that we are aware of, and if they are it will probably be play tested on Goko officially from now on.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 21 queries.