Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: SP/Vault... with some mixins.  (Read 644 times)

zahlman

• Minion
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
SP/Vault... with some mixins.
« on: March 04, 2013, 10:34:13 am »

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201303/04/game-20130304-072442-a0004cab.html

Bazaar, Cache, Colony, Fairgrounds, Navigator, Platinum, Potion, Royal Seal, Scrying Pool, Trade Route, University, Vault, and Watchtower

Watchtower is apparently quite compatible with this sort of engine (since you can control your handsize most of the time), Bazaar is a great Village for it because of the +coin, and Trade Route enabled progressive light trashing of starting cards while also providing a necessary +Buy. I also grabbed one University early on because it didn't seem like too much of an opportunity cost, and pulling in a steady (if slow) stream of Bazaars seemed like a good idea.

I suspect I ought to gain a second Watchtower later on, but the opponent getting 4 of them seems excessive. My opponent got a lot more nice engine pieces, but really just builds the engine too slowly (trying for more than one +Buy to get a triple-Colony turn or whatever just seems unrealistic here) and loses the crucial SP split while grabbing more of everything else. Actually I suspect he was going for something focused on Vault-University-Watchtower, and only competed on SP at all because more Universities would have been wasted... ? University-Watchtower is a pretty good combination in general, but I don't think there's any way for a deck focused on that to beat out the SP engine.

I actually grabbed the early Navigator more because I initially figured Fairgrounds might be viable; but then I realized there was really no point - it would not become hard to make a lot of coin, while +Buy would be scarce.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.28 seconds with 20 queries.