Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Is Doubletac/Vault really this good?  (Read 722 times)

zahlman

• Minion
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
Is Doubletac/Vault really this good?
« on: March 01, 2013, 04:34:34 am »

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201303/01/game-20130301-005910-27666e7a.html

Obviously my opponent didn't really put up any resistance, but I'm wondering just how lucky I had to get for a result like this, or if the engine is really supposed to work this well. Normally I seem to have trouble getting doubletac engines up and running quickly, so I'd only consider them on a board where I could open with an attack like Militia and then build something more complicated. But maybe it's exactly because I'm trying to build more complicated things that I can't do it quickly? This engine seems to not mind extra Treasures - I used to figure you needed some light trashing in order to connect the Tacs consistently, but apparently this way of thinking is all wrong. Instead you want a bit of extra treasure so that you have insurance when you don't connect (and thus can fall back on the vault->gold->province approach).

I'm guessing there really isn't anything better without villages? Is Singletac/Bank competitive? How about Ghost Ship/BM?

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
Re: Is Doubletac/Vault really this good?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 05:05:35 am »

Double Tactician is not consistent without some way to keep the deck size constant as you green, but sometimes luck will get you through.

On this board in particular I would be cautious going with Vault with Ghost Ship lurking in the kingdom.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.