Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: ridiculous chopsticks game  (Read 4910 times)

ksasaki

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +33
    • View Profile
ridiculous chopsticks game
« on: February 27, 2013, 01:32:26 pm »

Yup, my opponent made a bunch of 1s because he had pottery.  I was barely able to pull it out, didn't even see heritage haha

http://innovation.isotropic.org/gamelog/201302/27/game-20130227-103117-08131e29.html

Jerk of All trades

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
Re: ridiculous chopsticks game
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 02:12:44 pm »

How does it work with multiple 1s?  Is there anything stopping you from getting to 5 points and just achieving the 1 a bunch of times?  I'm still pretty new to the game, and don't understand a bunch of the mechanics.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 02:16:59 pm »

Each time you subsequently achieve the same achievement you need more points.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 03:00:48 pm »

Specifically, you need an additional number of points equal to the achievement's normal requirement, multiplied by n, where this is your nth instance of this age's achievement.

Your first 1 needs 5 points, your third needs 15 points, your tenth 10 needs 100 points.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 03:05:48 pm »

Specifically, you need an additional number of points equal to the achievement's normal requirement, multiplied by n, where this is your nth instance of this age's achievement.

Your first 1 needs 5 points, your third needs 15 points, your tenth 10 needs 100 points.
10 * 5 = 50

(I assume you mean tenth 1?)
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 03:19:46 pm »

No, I actually meant tenth two, but somehow I slipped into binary for half a second.

Also, you do need 10 achievements in 2 players with 4 expansions, before that question gets asked.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 04:52:32 pm »

No, I actually meant tenth two, but somehow I slipped into binary for half a second.

Also, you do need 10 achievements in 2 players with 4 expansions, before that question gets asked.

Oh man, I gotta hit Amazon.

I want to get so sloshed and try that.

marco2012

• Scout
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 12:47:17 am »

lol
Six 1 achievement produced in this game......Crazy chopsticks users lol

BitTorrent

• Bishop
  • Respect: +58
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 02:23:56 am »

fxxking 6 and 1......

why the clock shows 06:01 am why.

any hit in 2/3/4/5 i can win this one...... :(

ksasaki

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 11:06:24 am »

BitTorrent you are broken tree?  haha i must say the games i play with you are very stressful

BitTorrent

• Bishop
  • Respect: +58
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 10:14:38 pm »

BitTorrent you are broken tree?  haha i must say the games i play with you are very stressful

Not playing well recently, something between mechanics problem or general awareness. May have to rest a bit first, say now I am playing a bit too fast (usually <5 second per choose of action) and sometimes I just mis-click or mis-check things like doesn't aware of amount of icons. Things won't happened in real life games which you can't act that fast. It is like...yea you may need a lot of time to execute the whole action thing due to those terms on it, but the time to make the decision for me is just between a handful of seconds now, sounds a bit too rush. In fact most of the time my mind is made back at the last turn or at the opponent's turn. Nah once you have go though so much games your instinct is good enough to deal with a wide variety of choices.

It is like when you play too frequently you start getting unaware of the game itself and it is just like 'yet another day's work'. You start clicking faster, playing faster, and normalize every game into a general picture, which is something not necessary good in Innovation. Like recently some of my rank is dropped due to misclicks and misjudgement. (but most of them due to DC problems like I dropped 2-3 games per day due to DC. Hell...)

Mechanics is a bit short right now too, I used to force an early game whenever possible but right now is a bit too hard on it. It is like around 70+% of the games that I won recently I have less overall icons and board cards than my opponent. Can't even remember when did I ever dominate my opponent with massive board and win the game (and you look at this one I only barely have 5 top cards while you have some 30~ cards on your board).

Well the game plan of this one did worked out though, it is like yet another possible mechanics with echo cards, just can't deal with tough luck  :-\

ksasaki

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 08:46:17 am »

I thought you had a good chance, I just had some luck on that last clock move.  But I agree, when I play too fast I tend to make a lot of mistakes as well.  Slow it down a bit!

dan11295

• Navigator
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2013, 08:22:30 pm »

Chopsticks is a great counter to an opponent you is trying to tech up on you from the get go but doesn't focus enough on scoring. Results is a big one pile being left behind waiting for chopsticks abuse. Early on with echoes I didn't fully understand how to use the card and got burned by it.

http://innovation.isotropic.org/gamelog/201304/13/game-20130413-170550-86db7fa9.html

This game my opponent had melded age 6 card by turn 7, but never scored or attacked my score pile. I scrapped enough scoring together to get 1-4 achievements + 1 three more times. I gambled and get real lucky with the Metalworking share. Didn't try to get monument because I thought it was too risky. Don't know why my opponent didn't just tuck echoes cards instead of base w/Industrialization, I thought I was in trouble when he melded it. The Echo in his hand was Morphine so it wouldn't have covered it up. Without Chopsticks I am sure I lose this one badly.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.562 seconds with 20 queries.