Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 73  All

Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica (Round 7)  (Read 127049 times)

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
    • View Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica (Round 5)
« Reply #1275 on: July 16, 2013, 07:56:59 am »

Rolled 1d8 : 1, total 1
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: July 16, 2013, 07:57:35 am »

Boom!

Crisis sent.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: July 16, 2013, 01:16:31 pm »

Excellent, who needs those Raptors anyways right?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: July 16, 2013, 02:47:57 pm »

##Leave Crisis on top

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: July 16, 2013, 02:49:51 pm »

So, Jorbles's turn?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: July 16, 2013, 02:50:52 pm »

Boom!

Crisis sent.

The Crisis sent is one for Boomer's printed ability, right?

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: July 16, 2013, 02:54:40 pm »

Yes, she scouted destinations anyway.

No crisis, Jorbles turn. No need for an update, everything's largely the same but Boomer has more cards. Jorbles, what would you like to draw?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: July 17, 2013, 01:46:34 am »

I'll take PIL, ENG, and LEA.

Theorel: I'm thinking either Caprica to make whatever crisis Boomer just put on top of the deck go away or Cylon fleet to activate heavies or to deploy many raiders. I guess I could Human Fleet if we thought someone was holding onto something great, but I don't really have any reads in that regard. Thoughts?

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: July 17, 2013, 07:09:55 am »

I think I lean towards crisis.  It's the best way I can see to take advantage of the brigged pilots.  Heavy Raider activation would be ideal there since it jumps in the fleet and moves the centurion, but some extra raiders would be nice too.  Basestar activation is not worth it.

The centurion threat is essentially non-existent now that Zarek is president, while it'd be nice to force his hand there it's weaker than other moves I think.

Political Prowess just got reshuffled in, and the humans are already tight on cards, better to take advantage of it now then try to push it further.

So, my vote is Caprica.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: July 17, 2013, 09:16:04 am »

Theorel: I'm thinking either Caprica to make whatever crisis Boomer just put on top of the deck go away or Cylon fleet to activate heavies or to deploy many raiders. I guess I could Human Fleet if we thought someone was holding onto something great, but I don't really have any reads in that regard. Thoughts?

Dont you get to draw only 2 cards?

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: July 17, 2013, 09:25:25 am »

Dont you get to draw only 2 cards?
Still using the No Sympathizer variant :)

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: July 17, 2013, 11:00:47 am »

I think I lean towards crisis.  It's the best way I can see to take advantage of the brigged pilots.  Heavy Raider activation would be ideal there since it jumps in the fleet and moves the centurion, but some extra raiders would be nice too.  Basestar activation is not worth it.

The centurion threat is essentially non-existent now that Zarek is president, while it'd be nice to force his hand there it's weaker than other moves I think.

Political Prowess just got reshuffled in, and the humans are already tight on cards, better to take advantage of it now then try to push it further.

So, my vote is Caprica.
I thought I didn't get to activate cylon ships on my crisis based on this italicized rule:
Caprica
Action: Play your Super Crisis OR draw two crisis cards, choose one to resolve (No activate Cylon Ships step) and put the other on the bottom of the crisis deck

Am I misunderstanding something?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: July 17, 2013, 11:01:20 am »

Oh wait, I think you were just commenting on what I was considering doing in order. Nvm.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: July 17, 2013, 11:32:54 am »

No, you interpreted me correctly, I forgot that we skipped the activate cylon ships step of the crisis card.

I think it's probably still worth it?  Jumping the fleet in would be nice though.  Question: would activating the raiders/heavy raiders jump the fleet in, or is that only possible through the basestar bridge?

Dropping 3 raiders on the CFB and jumping them in might (arguably) be better than the crisis.  Let me glance through the crises and see.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: July 17, 2013, 11:50:41 am »

As there's now a basestar on the main game board, activating Cylon ships will just force that Basestar to launch 2 raiders/1 heavy raider (respectively) and not affect the pursuit track.

Sending draw now.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: July 17, 2013, 11:54:47 am »

Okay, here's my thoughts:
If we can jump the fleet in, we have some nice space superiority which will cause significant problems for the humans.  Especially seeing as there are 4 civvies out there.
This makes me feel like Basestar Bridge might be ideal.

OTOH:
humans currently have some significant problems with skill cards...So, a skill-check crisis will probably be failed.  Otherwise, anything hitting food or fuel is a good option for us.  BUT making the admiral, CAG, or president discard cards is practically worthless.  Anything sending people to sick bay from a Galactica location is worthless, destroying active vipers, hitting population or morale is weak-ish.

So, crisis has better potential, but also has some potential to be effectively nothing except at least bypassing Boomer's crisis.  Trying to jump in the fleet with 3 extra raiders is pretty good, and if you hit their jump track instead, still decent.

I'm torn between them...I think I lean slightly towards trying to jump in the fleet.  (after all, if we get a raider activation later, that could get a few civvies which might hurt some tracks also.)

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica (Round 6)
« Reply #1291 on: July 17, 2013, 12:41:36 pm »

The only problem I have with Basestar Bridge is that its effectively an attack on their Population. It might hit more population than a crisis would eventually, but it's still an attack on one of their more plentiful resources. There's so many Civvies out there that it'll be a long time before Raiders start hitting Galactica. I'm more inclined towards trying to fish for something that'll hit their Fuel. If we get that we force Zarek to spend his turn grinding pop or morale into fuel (I'm hoping he chooses population so we can all shout "Soylent Fuel is people! IT'S PEOPLE!"), something we need to push him to do before the game ends.

Plus if I don't go crisis we're still going to get Boomer's relatively helpful for humans crisis eventually anyways.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: July 17, 2013, 02:25:19 pm »

Yeah, we're also pretty guaranteed that Boomer's crisis isn't hitting fuel, so churning 2 crises even if neither is really good might be better. 

I just don't like that we've got a basestar and 2 raiders on the CFB that we'll not see until the humans jump again...I mean while we're more likely to hit population than anything else, 4 civvies is a lot to be able to take out...and with all their pilots grounded I'd like the potential to do some damage when the crises activate our ships.  I'm not sure how likely a fuel loss from civvies is compared to a fuel loss from the crisis.

Hitting fuel and food would probably be better.

I dunno, it's your call.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: July 17, 2013, 03:51:47 pm »

I think there's only 1 civvy carrying fuel and 1 carrying food morale (I guess it's carrying puppies).

Here's the civvy breakdown (I asked Tables for it way back when I was debating whether to spike a crisis or not):

6x 1 Pop
2x 2 Pop
2x Empty (no resource loss)
1x 1 Pop, 1 Fuel
1x 1 Pop, 1 Morale

I think that while targeting the civvies could be strong if it goes off it's very unlikely to hit a resource we want to hit. (though it could make pop into a weak human resource). Anyhow I'm going for the Crisis.

# Go to Caprica. Draw Crisis cards.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: July 17, 2013, 04:33:41 pm »

Dear Mr. President:

Before leaving I pushed 2 food out of an airlock. Would you like to make some Soylent Green to replace some of the food that was lost?

Sincerely,
The Chief

# CRISIS: Widespread Starvation

# President Chooses:
# -2 Food
# OR
# -1 Food, -1 Population

# POST CRISIS: Activate Raiders, +1 Jump Prep

@theorel: I think that ended up working out pretty well.

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: July 17, 2013, 05:22:06 pm »

Soylent Green is what Zarek does best. (That, gladiatorial fights, biofuels... I'm a man of many talents.) Thanks for the help on our ftl drives, toaster.

Theorel, have I used my OPG yet? I can't recall; this game has been extremely slow. Edit: I haven't.

Humans, leaning towards the soylent green - let me know if you think differently. If I have my OPG left, that might tip me towards just flushing all the food out the airlocks. There aren't honestly that many things that target food, and I can always help us find more people food later if we need it.

Also since this is base-game Caprica (besides the jump prep), shouldn't we get to see the discarded crisis?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 05:23:13 pm by WinterSpartan »

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: July 17, 2013, 05:40:06 pm »

Oh, note for your turn Apollo - it might actually be more useful for you to draw two yellow even if you don't have an XO. We'll need Politics for debrigging you and Boomer and for Committees in general. (Unfortunately, an XO to me is nowhere near as useful as it would've been since this blasted toaster refuses to stop standing on my desk.)

WinterSpartan

• Coppersmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: July 17, 2013, 05:43:29 pm »

The plan would then be: You get out of the brig and move to Admiral's Quarters. I XO you to brig the toaster, giving us two tries if necessary (and also giving me the cards to contribute with). Adama XOs me to be the president, taking care of the more metallic toaster aboard and doing other good things as well.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: July 17, 2013, 07:03:30 pm »

Soylent Green is what Zarek does best. (That, gladiatorial fights, biofuels... I'm a man of many talents.) Thanks for the help on our ftl drives, toaster.

Theorel, have I used my OPG yet? I can't recall; this game has been extremely slow. Edit: I haven't.

Humans, leaning towards the soylent green - let me know if you think differently. If I have my OPG left, that might tip me towards just flushing all the food out the airlocks. There aren't honestly that many things that target food, and I can always help us find more people food later if we need it.

Also since this is base-game Caprica (besides the jump prep), shouldn't we get to see the discarded crisis?

Errata says it should be put on the bottom, I think.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: July 17, 2013, 07:05:38 pm »

Has Political Prowness been shuffled in?

Dunno about dumping food, it is on 4. Depends on how many food shortages we had, I guess. (answer: 1). Thing is, population is basically at 6 (cuz you will use OPG to get fuel, I guess), but if it really is needed, you can get it for food too.

Another thing is that we have 4 civvies out and no pilots available, which sucks.

So, preserving population for your OPG might be good, though it is hard for me to cope with willingly getting food down to 2.  :o
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 73  All

Page created in 1.802 seconds with 20 queries.