Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Isotropic ignore list?  (Read 3412 times)

Yariv

• Steward
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
Isotropic ignore list?
« on: February 24, 2013, 07:50:10 am »
+1

I would personally be happy to have a persistent ignore list on isotropic. It's not common that I get stalled in iso by losing players, but it happened at least twice. By now I don't even remember who was the first to stall against me the first time (though there is a thread here somewhere), currently jmoney is playing/unplaying a copper to the game. There are also some players that use offensive language on practically every game (winning or losing).

I do not wish to ban those players or anything similar, but I do not wish to play against them. The solution seems to be some player specific "ignore list", which will be persisted between different sessions. Players in the ignore list will not be matched automatically, and a warning will be displayed if you are suggested a game with a player on your ignore list.

Do you find such a feature reasonable?

BTW: I've seen poozle's post regarding my disconnection. I would like to apologize, and though I'm not sure I guess my machine crashed. It happened to me on several cases (though it's not often), and usually the restart is not fast enough to rejoin the game (amazingly, sometimes it is). I certainly had no intention of leaving him hanging. The only cases I did so were when I had to leave urgently during an opponent's turn, before I knew clicking "exit" would forfeit the game even in this case.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 08:01:50 am by Yariv »

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25715
    • View Profile
Re: Isotropic ignore list?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 08:01:50 am »

Do you find such a feature reasonable?
Ignore/friend lists are a planned feature for Goko; dunno when they will happen. They are certainly a good idea. For isotropic it's moot.

D Bo

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +93
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 08:50:24 am »
+1

I'm not sure if it's coincidence or not, but I'm definitely playing more and more people on Iso lately that are not the most pleasant to play. Glad to hear that Goko will hopefully be adding that feature - it's definitely a great idea to be able to remember the fun people you've played and ignore the ones that weren't enjoyable.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 09:12:22 am »

For isotropic it's moot.

Why is it moot? Isotropic will presumably still exist, even if it doesn't host Dominion any longer.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 12:41:43 pm »

For isotropic it's moot.

Why is it moot? Isotropic will presumably still exist, even if it doesn't host Dominion any longer.
Are you just having fun here? Surely the OP is referring to Dominion on isotropic, which is the bulk of what people on this site mean when they say "isotropic" (even more so in the context of wanting to block people), rather than Innovation or any hypothetical future game on isotropic.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1887
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 12:43:11 pm »

I just mean that the idea of a block list on isotropic isn't necessarily a moot point, if isotropic is going to continue to host other games.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 12:57:21 pm »

I just mean that the idea of a block list on isotropic isn't necessarily a moot point, if isotropic is going to continue to host other games.
You corrected me. "Why you say moot Donald X.?" But what I said was clearly correct to anyone. You can change the subject to the previously-novel-for-this-subforum "what about Innovation" if you want; it is blatantly incorrect to correct me while you're doing it.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 02:03:02 pm »

Well, if dougz has time to work out how to make a block list, he can implement it and allow isotropic Dominion to use it for its final hours, then reuse the code for the benefit of innovation and future games.  So I think calling it "moot" is a correctable inaccuracy.  OP wants a block list for isotropic Dominion, and its not a total waste of dougzs' time to implement such a list for isotropic Dominion.

And for what it's worth, Innovation players want to block eachother as much if not more than dominion players, I'm on at least 3 blacklists already and in Dominion no one tried to avoid me to my knowledge..
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 02:05:49 pm by popsofctown »

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2013, 02:56:42 pm »

So I think calling it "moot" is a correctable inaccuracy.
not swayed, still disagree

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2013, 03:03:40 pm »

Someone is wrong on the internet... (I don't say who ;P)

eliegel34

• Golem
  • Respect: +146
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 06:04:10 pm »
+2

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 20 queries.