Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Where did I misplay this set?  (Read 963 times)

catsclaw

• Golem
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
Where did I misplay this set?
« on: February 23, 2013, 09:23:18 am »

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201302/23/game-20130223-062157-af456dab.html

Should I have gotten rid of the Baron?  I thought I'd have enough draw to always draw it.  Not bought the Forge so early?

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
Re: Where did I misplay this set?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 09:45:55 am »

your opponent's outpost + first turn advantage combine to give him 4 extra turns compared to you. wharf ensures that the outpost hands aren't in any significant way worse than normal ones. so it's going to be very hard to overcome that. i think that's the punchline here-- the outpost really helps.

i think i like the early forge, although it's less useful in a wharf game (sometimes i even skip chapel in a wharf game!) your turn five draw is unfortunate, but not game breaking -- i think i agree with your decision, although cursing your forge-luck and buying a wharf is another reasonable alternative. i don't understand why you only kill two coppers when you draw it with five coppers -- i guess because you are worried that if you kill the rest your deck only has one silver and two coppers. i think i would take that risk, because with wharf around you should be drawing your money and at least buying back silver (you also still have baron as a money producer).
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.426 seconds with 20 queries.