Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 106  All

Author Topic: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware -- GAME OVER, SCUM WIN  (Read 225600 times)

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware (Day 6)
« Reply #2475 on: May 06, 2013, 06:56:04 pm »

Jimm and raerae, you both "know" the other is scum now. It'd be great if you could build a case with this knowledge in mind. Prove it, if you will!

Working on it, dearie.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: May 06, 2013, 06:57:00 pm »

Jimm and raerae, you both "know" the other is scum now. It'd be great if you could build a case with this knowledge in mind. Prove it, if you will!

Working on it, dearie.
Nice, cutie-pie.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware
« Reply #2477 on: May 06, 2013, 07:00:34 pm »

The first thing to say about raerae is what I said yesterday about the Kooshie lynch. She jumped on at close to the last minute, when Kooshie was at L-2 and there were no other lynches looking likely. To me, that's a classic bus. The only reason she gave was "I have to agree with Ash and Lio, that list is shady."

Kooshie has been quieter than I would normally expect but she hasn't done anything I find particularly offensive.  I don't know if I'd call this scummy but I do find it odd so I've got my eye on her.

Kooshie, have you actually given reads yet?

Whoops, just saw ash's quote of kooshie's reads.  Ignore my previous post and I'll go read that more carefully.

I have to agree with Ash and Lio, that list is shady.  The other thing that's super off to me is the mail-mi read.  Mail-mi is fitting his meta and I see no reason to point fingers at it yet.  I am concerned that lio may be bussing but I'm less convinced of his scumitude now. 

I'll Unvote for now.

Does anybody object to me putting Kooshie at L-1?

Vote: Kooshie

This was everything that raerae said about Kooshie on Day 1. Note that Kooshie was on L-2 before the second quote. "I've got my eye on her" is definitely something I can see scum saying early on about a teammate. I'm not sure on whether this makes raerae scummy, but I don't think she gets a lot of credit for being on the Kooshie wagon.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware
« Reply #2478 on: May 06, 2013, 07:05:07 pm »

Sparky definitely looks bad from that post.

I had some suspicion on sparky already yesterday. I'll reread him when I have better access.

I can't say I agree with that.  Announcing intent always seems like a townie thing to do to me.

Also, ash, didn't you just say we're looking for newbie scum?  Hasn't sparky been scum a bajillion times?

raerae defending sparky.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware (Day 2)
« Reply #2479 on: May 06, 2013, 07:09:48 pm »

Notes on mail-mi:

1.  Went after lio D1 for his "scummy" defense but never explained why it was scummy.  I absolutely despise this.  It is the easiest thing in the world to say something is scummy and let somebody else come up with the reason why.

2.  He voted for patpat for lurking, then insom for lurking, then voted for lio because he disagreed with him, but was reluctant to vote lurking Kooshie.  The sudden hesitance to lynch a lurker seems more like trying to protect a partner than trying to be smart about a lynch considering how eager he was to vote the other lurkers.

3.  #793 is awful.  He either just drew a night kill with something town-friendly in his pocket, or he's scum hoping to avoid a lynch.  It was an extra weird claim considering lio was only lightly suspicious of him at the time.  I don't remember mail-mi being this jumpy in past games.  This, and his vote "test", just seem like a gamble to avoid a lynch.

I could keep going with individual scummy things, and certainly will if needed, but I think the above combined with his total lack of content is enough. 

Vote: mail-mi

Does this seem suspicious to anyone else? "I could keep going with individual scummy things, and certainly will if needed, but I think the above combined with his total lack of content is enough."

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XXII: Bankers Beware (Day 5)
« Reply #2480 on: May 06, 2013, 07:34:16 pm »

In response to Eevee:

I have not played a great game.  Fully admit that and my only excuse is my real life has been real busy and I haven't been able to devote as much time as I should have to this game.  I helped kill Kooshie and Arch.  Regarding Arch, however, I don't think a lot of towncred can be gained by anybody not previously suspecting Arch on that lynch since the slip was less of a slip and more of a spill.  I stuck my neck out for Jimmmmm D2 and still hold to that read.  Yuma roleblocked me and there was still a kill.  I know that doesn't and shouldn't absolve me of suspicion but I still think it hold some water.

This comes from yesterday game-wise and a bit over a week ago IRL. raerae has had a "Townread" on me for most of the game, and the only thing she said against that since this post was to suspect me if ash flips scum. Why on Earth would she use her only investigation on someone she thought was Town?

It's also worth noting, that I think raerae has mentioned Jorbles a total of once, and it really had nothing to do with what she thought of him.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: May 06, 2013, 07:38:24 pm »

OK, the Counting House was in a gold room at the northwest corner of my map above a blue room and to the left of a white-ish room.

What other items were in the room?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: May 06, 2013, 07:39:46 pm »

Actually I'm voting raerae, it doesn't matter what items were in that room because the Counting House in that room hasn't been purchased. Vote: raerae.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: May 06, 2013, 07:42:56 pm »

Actually I'm voting raerae, it doesn't matter what items were in that room because the Counting House in that room hasn't been purchased. Vote: raerae.

Are you in that room currently?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: May 06, 2013, 07:45:45 pm »

Yeah, it's where I ended the night (I was saving up to buy the Counting House tomorrow night).

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: May 06, 2013, 07:47:11 pm »

WAIT!!!  I AM WORKING ON READS!!  WHAT THE HELL JORBLES?????

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: May 06, 2013, 07:57:05 pm »

Vote Count 6.2

raerae (3) -- Jimm, Jorbles, ??

Not Voting (3) -- Eevee, raerae, sudgy

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Hmm, it seems we have a double voter in our midst. Well, good show, sport! Raerae, the Scum-aligned Mountebank, has been lynched!

That's the good news. I'm afraid there's bad news, too. It looks like raerae possessed not one, but TWO vengekills. How horrible. She has taken Eevee and sudgy down with her! They were both Town-aligned Coppersmiths.

This leaves only Jimm and Jorbles still alive.

GAME OVER: MOUNTEBANKS--JORBLES, RAERAE, ARCHETYPE, AND KOOSHIE--WIN
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: May 06, 2013, 07:57:40 pm »

Thread unlocked forever.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: May 06, 2013, 07:58:26 pm »

RMM game through and through. I am not happy.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: May 06, 2013, 07:58:40 pm »

two vengekills.... are you freaking kidding me!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2490 on: May 06, 2013, 08:00:02 pm »

seriously... I thought i was reading ehal's bastard game!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: May 06, 2013, 08:01:14 pm »

I don't think you will still believe it was bastard with fuller knowledge of what happened. Scum did not have double vengekill until last night. If you had lynched raerae yesterday, as you very nearly did, town likely would have won.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: May 06, 2013, 08:01:23 pm »

D1:  First advocated map claiming then backed off when that idea got shot down.  Now I'm not saying changing your mind is scummy but this was a really easy way to participate without really saying much.

Placed a joke vote on me and conveniently forgot to remove it through the lynch.

Also, Kooshie called him "very towny" when he really wasn't doing much.

D2:  First to post/comment on the lynch, just mentions that it happened really quick and that xerion was a weird NK.  Again, no true content, seems to be fishing for conversation.

Lurktastic.  I've been wrong about lurkers twice this game and I resent the hell out of defending Jimmmmm time and time again.

Tries to push map claiming again then claims (everything but the room he's in) without waiting for town's yea or nay.

Repeatedly says he'll catch up, repeatedly doesn't.

Didn't vote all day so safely stayed off the mail-mi lynch while not voicing opposition to it.

Offers to be the lynch/self-vote multiple times but never actually does.

Votes for Arch for lurking...pot/kettle/etc.  Then unvotes once the lynch starts to gain steam and says he's leaning towards town on Arch.

Gives reads and lists me as scummy based on lack of activity, then, a few posts later, points out that ash, Lekkit, & Eevee think he's town, completely ignores the fact that I've been defending him just as much, if not more, than the others. 

For the rest of the day his votes are all over the place.  Sudgy, mail-mi, sudgy, unvote, mail-mi...on and off a bunch.  Ended the day first on mail-mi's lynch.

This is what I was working on.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: May 06, 2013, 08:01:49 pm »

and I am not saying I didnt' enjoy the game or that scum didn't deserve the win. But no game in which scum has two vengekills at the end deserves to be called a "normal" game. Ever.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: May 06, 2013, 08:02:02 pm »

Thanks for the read on Ash, yuma :)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: May 06, 2013, 08:02:24 pm »

I knew they were there, but I thought I'd better not warn people. Would have commuted and became an IC tomorrow but pretty much knew we wouldn't get there..

I had the right idea btw, I thought raerae was the scum possessing both vengekills. I would have tried to argue a Jorbles-lynch had I gotten a chance. Damn hatedness.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: May 06, 2013, 08:02:24 pm »

I don't think you will still believe it was bastard with fuller knowledge of what happened. Scum did not have double vengekill until last night. If you had lynched raerae yesterday, as you very nearly did, town likely would have won.

I am not saying it is bastard. I am saying it is RMM. Two very different games.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: May 06, 2013, 08:03:55 pm »

Well played scum!

I utterly sucked at the RPG aspect of this, but think I did okay with the mafia part. My voting record in my last two games is crazy good.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: May 06, 2013, 08:05:29 pm »

Wut.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 106  All

Page created in 2.042 seconds with 21 queries.