Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Chapel into King's Court + Jester  (Read 1238 times)

tko

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
Chapel into King's Court + Jester
« on: September 21, 2011, 01:05:54 pm »

I had one of those game losses that was at least a very fun game to play.

My opponent and I had a mirror match of Chapel into a thin deck, followed by King's Court + Jester which turned ridiculous.
http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20110920-183749-fc3818fa.html

It felt like my opponent always had the upperhand.  Maybe 1st player advantage had something to do with it, but I notice he was wise to Tactician and got it before the 2nd reshuffle, and I followed suit but maybe too late.

It ended very close with my greater amount of Curses causing my game loss when I bought the last Province (that's what I get for not keeping score).  The interesting thing about the Curses is the Turn 17 Curse exchange - he gave me 2 Curses, and I gave him 1 Curse, and lost by 2 points.

When Jester revealed Silver, I was always giving my opponent the Silver in hopes it would stop the King's Court and Jester from teaming up - but it didn't appear to slow the combo down, and who doesn't want a bunch of Silvers in a Province game (he ended with 9 Silvers).

Looking at his ending cards, 6 of each Jester and King's Court plus 3 Tacticians, I see why he was getting the pairing so consistently.

On turn 7, his Jester gave me a 2nd Chapel, and when he discarded my Jester turn 9, that hurt bad.  I draw my 5 cards from Tactician, but of course Jester is in my discard, and I get to King's Court a Chapel for little benefit... except getting rid of the extra Chapel.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 01:13:23 pm by tko »

Anchen

• Herbalist
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chapel into King's Court + Jester
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 01:58:11 pm »

His 5/2 jester/chapel start and going first I think combined to give him a solid edge.  The tactician buy on his part as you noted was also fairly smart since he was drawing the majority of his deck at that point, allowing him to jester and chapel to max effect early and got him his king's court early.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.