(1/2) > >>

ryan82:
Clearance Sale
Cost: 6
Action

+2 Cards
+2 Actions
+$3

You may only buy one of these cards per game. If you buy a Victory card while this is in play, trash this card. You may not buy another one.

Setup: The Clearance Sale pile contains only a number of cards equal to the number of players. An empty Clearance Sale pile does not count towards ending the game.

Thoughts?

Jack Rudd:
This is brokenly strong if there's a way to Gain cost-6 cards without Buying them. It's pretty strong even in the absence of such an ability.

ryan82:
It is very strong, but I'm thinking it might pose an interesting dilemma when deciding whether to lose it in favor of a Province/Colony, or continue using it to get Golds/Platinums.

Besides, there already is a card that lets you gain $6 cards without buying them - Smugglers.

(As for my other card suggestion, I deleted the topic because, upon further reflection, I realized it really wasn't a good idea).

Jimmmmm:
So you can buy one and Remodel a Remodel into the other and your opponent can't have one?

Young Nick:
Besides the fact that the restriction you are trying to implement is improperly worded, this card has a major flaw: It is a must-buy in every game that it appears in. Sure, we can only have one, but it makes the race to $6 all that much more meaningful and plays a huge factor in deciding the game. If a card is a must-buy or never-buy it is not very much fun and does not add depth to the game. Sorry for the harshness, but yeah, I'm not a fan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version