Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: Empty the Supply in 4 Turns  (Read 53283 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
Re: Empty the Supply in 4 Turns
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2013, 08:26:22 pm »
+2

I found an error while going through it all with the physical cards.

You put Kc 1-10 on deck, then draw 1-4. Then you put Nc 2-9 on deck... but when you Kc-Council Room, you draw the rest of the King's Courts without drawing the Nomad Camps. Also, you say to top-deck Bridge along with Sir Martin and Squire (on top of the King's Courts and Nomad Camps), but it is not drawn when you play Kc-Council Room either; it's drawn later when you play Margrave.

I'm assuming that this is the sort of thing that you can somehow work around... I really hope so anyway! It seems likely that you can just not top-deck the Nomad Camps or the Bridge... you're really close to the reshuffle anyway, and if you do reshuffle, then you can get all the Nomad Camps and the Bridge on top anyway...

« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 10:40:13 pm by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2013, 08:27:54 pm »
+1

What order was the Black Market deck in to start with? And I'm guessing that it actually matters what order you put the unbought cards back on the bottom, but I should be able to work that out for myself.

As long as all cards bought are different there is always at least one (actually, at least 3 and I suspect way more than that) possible initial order and order in which to put unbought cards each time that makes it happen

Yes, after thinking about it a bit I'm sure that it's definitely possible to be able to buy the cards in any order you want if you assume perfect shuffle luck on the BM deck, but it's a bit of a puzzle in itself to try to figure out the initial order of the deck!
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2013, 08:39:14 pm »
+5

OK, do we really need spoilers?  This is not something that's going to get done by someone else.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2013, 11:18:04 pm »
+1

I know this is genius, really, but why have I spotted a mistake (may not be a mistake, but I spotted it nonetheless): He puts Nc2-9 on the deck with Wt, and where does the tenth one go? Shouldn't it go on the deck too (because it's nomad camp?) or does he trash it w/ watchtower?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
  • Respect: +749
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2013, 11:26:04 pm »

I know this is genius, really, but why have I spotted a mistake (may not be a mistake, but I spotted it nonetheless): He puts Nc2-9 on the deck with Wt, and where does the tenth one go? Shouldn't it go on the deck too (because it's nomad camp?) or does he trash it w/ watchtower?
Probably trashes it. Doesnt serve any other purpose, does it?
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2013, 12:29:55 am »

Probably trashes it. Doesnt serve any other purpose, does it?

He plays it later. Dunno if he needs that buy and 2 money or not. Either way, this is related to the same mistake I found, but I missed that it was Nomad Camp and therefore auto top decked.

Celestial Chameleon

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +628
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2013, 07:53:56 am »
+8

I found an error while going through it all with the physical cards.

You put Kc 1-10 on deck, then draw 1-4. Then you put Nc 2-9 on deck... but when you Kc-Council Room, you draw the rest of the King's Courts without drawing the Nomad Camps. Also, you say to top-deck Bridge along with Sir Martin and Squire (on top of the King's Courts and Nomad Camps), but it is not drawn when you play Kc-Council Room either; it's drawn later when you play Margrave.

I'm assuming that this is the sort of thing that you can somehow work around... I really hope so anyway! It seems likely that you can just not top-deck the Nomad Camps or the Bridge... you're really close to the reshuffle anyway, and if you do reshuffle, then you can get all the Nomad Camps and the Bridge on top anyway...

Fixed both of these.
CC are you human? Or are you the Dominion god, come down to be amused by our reactions to your complete awesomeness? - Morgrim7

soulnet

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +1751
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2013, 08:14:32 am »

Yes, after thinking about it a bit I'm sure that it's definitely possible to be able to buy the cards in any order you want if you assume perfect shuffle luck on the BM deck, but it's a bit of a puzzle in itself to try to figure out the initial order of the deck!

Its not really hard to construct a possible initial state by greedily chosing where to put each card. If there are BM plays that do not buy a card you have to consider more cases, but still, nothing too hard. Especially in the context of a thread that empties the supply in 4 turns.

Squidd

• Golem
  • Respect: +604
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 25, 2013, 09:10:33 am »
+6

Wanted to make a joke about how KC-Council Room is awfully generous to his opponent, but then he plays Margrave anyway. He thought of everything!

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2013, 10:00:28 am »

You are amazing, and I +1-ed your posts, but...

Turn 4, line 5. After playing Pr1->Pr2, you play Pr2 again. I don't think it's an error in the numbers, since I don't see how you get another Procession in hand.

I apologize for questioning you.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2013, 10:09:30 am »
+8

Turn 4, line 5. After playing Pr1->Pr2, you play Pr2 again. I don't think it's an error in the numbers, since I don't see how you get another Procession in hand.

"- Pr2-->Ct3, reveal Wt, trash Ct3, gain Pr4 on deck" is Pr2 being trashed (the last thing Pr1 does with it).

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 25, 2013, 10:44:37 am »
+44

"- Pr2-->Ct3, reveal Wt, trash Ct3, gain Pr4 on deck" is Pr2 being trashed (the last thing Pr1 does with it).

Donald, you forgot to switch accounts before replying.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #87 on: February 25, 2013, 10:47:21 am »

Ah, I misread. This was the card being trashed, not played. Once again, I apologize.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 25, 2013, 10:54:38 am »

lol

CC has been identified as not Donald, though.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

ashersky

• Mountebank
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
  • Respect: +1520
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 25, 2013, 10:56:44 am »
+8

lol

Just a joke to get easy +respect. :)
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

wuthefwasthat

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • The Dominion section of my blog
« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2013, 07:09:04 pm »

Well, you got one of those right.

The Kingdom change seems so obvious in retrospect...  But pretty sweet that you can get to that point without Develop at all!  To what extent were the first few Black Market cards really important? 

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2013, 05:07:51 am »
+1

lol

No, CC is Donald's house slave, tasked with belittling the common people with his insane contraptions.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

Lashof

• Steward
  • Respect: +22
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2013, 09:16:57 am »
+3

No, CC is Donald's house slave, tasked with belittling the common people with his insane contraptions.

So he's a rigger who assembles contraptions?  Makes sense.

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2013, 10:29:48 pm »

So he's a rigger who assembles contraptions?  Makes sense.
CC...is a house elf?

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2013, 10:30:44 pm »
+1

I'll send CC a sock!
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Morgrim7

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2013, 10:32:58 pm »

I'll send CC a sock!
Why? CC has practically solved dominion!

Mad, I tell you.

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1706
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2013, 11:58:34 pm »
+1

Yeah, wait until Guilds comes out and he empties the Supply in Turn 3 first!

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2013, 10:24:39 am »

it seems like potion should not be in the supply (maybe i am confusing isotropic's black market implementation with the official rules though)

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2013, 11:32:11 am »

Scrying Pool is in the Black Market (among other things, not sure). So yes, Potion should be in the kingdom.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2013, 11:53:37 am »

Scrying Pool is in the Black Market (among other things, not sure). So yes, Potion should be in the kingdom.

on isotropic, it's the other way around (there are never potion cost cards in the black market unless there are potion cost cards in the kingdom), but the alchemy rulebook agrees that you can have a potion cost card in the black market and not in the supply (so the original solution is fine).
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 11:55:23 am by ehunt »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 2.378 seconds with 21 queries.