Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Your Thoughts on this Slog?  (Read 990 times)

Avalanchian

• Spy
  • Respect: +73
    • View Profile
Your Thoughts on this Slog?
« on: February 09, 2013, 03:22:23 pm »

I wasn't sure if I should be posting this here or on "Help!" but decided on here because I won the game in question and I don't think the log is helpful (VERY long game against a bot, but masochists may enjoy it). If it's in the wrong place then I am sorry.  :-[

Basically, I was just after people's opinions on this board: Great Hall, Sage (Bane), JoaT, Navigator, Noble Brigand, Scout, Spice Merchant, Spy, Young Witch, Duke, Pillage.

I opened YW/Sage and ended up losing the curse split. I couldn't see anything better than transitioning to JoaT to trash my non-treasures after the curses had gone and just going BM. NB always makes me feel BM is a bad idea though. Was it worth even bothering with YW? Did I miss something on this board? Or is it really just that slow?
"Edge case challenges are the Rube Goldberg machines of Dominion" - Michaeljb

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
Re: Your Thoughts on this Slog?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 03:26:18 pm »

My initial impression would be YW/Sage or YW/Silver into 3 Jacks and aim for the Duchies. Take NB if you hit $4 but not $5 when you start greening.

NB is good against BM but Jack is a pretty robust defense because you get lots of Silver.

Avalanchian

• Spy
  • Respect: +73
    • View Profile
Re: Your Thoughts on this Slog?
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 05:40:10 am »

Thanks for the feedback. That's pretty much what I thought, but it's always nice to get an expert opinion. So I guess it is just a slog. =P
"Edge case challenges are the Rube Goldberg machines of Dominion" - Michaeljb
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.312 seconds with 22 queries.