Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 6 Potion-costs in a pure random game  (Read 1053 times)

ycz6

• Minion
  • Respect: +412
    • View Profile
6 Potion-costs in a pure random game
« on: January 31, 2013, 03:44:12 pm »

http://www.councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20130126-192544-73699426.html

cards in supply: Alchemist, Familiar, Fishing Village, Great Hall, Possession, Potion, Scrying Pool, Thief, Transmute, Treasury, and University

We both got Familiars. He went hard for Scrying Pools, I just got one Treasury and then pounded the money and then won. Possession unsurprisingly didn't do that much, which was sad because I wanted to mess up his Treasuries and Alchemists.

Jerk of All trades

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
Re: 6 Potion-costs in a pure random game
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 07:11:08 pm »

hard to evaluate outcomes in games like this. After bad luck causes his familiars to miss some shuffles, he loses the curse split which really hurts those scrying pools.

good call on the early treasury.

With those great halls, after loosing curse split I might have gone transmute too. transmuted GH = duchy + gold.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 07:19:57 pm by Jerk of All trades »

Powerman

• Jester
  • Respect: +605
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 07:32:07 pm »

For him, I def would have gotten a University earlier to gain Treasuries + GH's.  Plus in this game, adding in a thief would have been great for him to lock you down as he could probably play it every turn.
A man on a mission.

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 08:31:30 am »
+1

Opponent should have gone Transmute regardless of whether he won or lost the Curse split; it removes bad cards from his deck (Curse, Copper) and may replace them with Actions that he can draw with SP, and later in the game he can Transmute extra Transmutes into Duchies for points. No need for Gold here if you can gain enough Treasuries/FVs with University, and Thieves can lock down a money deck. The only concern would be opponent Possessions. I might actually consider getting a Thief somewhat early in this game to try to keep the opponent from hitting $6P.

Your opponent probably executed something very poorly here because I cannot fathom Familiar into money being a winning strategy.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 08:33:10 am by dondon151 »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.323 seconds with 21 queries.