Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Lose curses 9-1, lose Cities 2-8, win the game.  (Read 769 times)

zahlman

• Minion
  • Respect: +216
    • View Profile
Lose curses 9-1, lose Cities 2-8, win the game.
« on: January 30, 2013, 08:45:16 am »

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201301/30/game-20130130-054000-83a1df54.html

That was fun. KC really does make everything better. I took Gold early so that I could get some KCs early and basically did as much trashing of useless stuff as I could; then the combination of early +Buy from Salvager, being able to KC-City to mitigate the effect, and an initially stronger treasure economy let me cruise to victory, piledriving Estates immediately after he finished off the Cities. "Oh, but he only has 2 of them..." ;)

I'm thinking that once the early game goes the way it does, I probably shouldn't try to compete on Familiar at all...

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
Re: Lose curses 9-1, lose Cities 2-8, win the game.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 11:36:34 am »

just goes to show that if you're not paying attention you can utterly squander your lead.  Your opponent screwed up majorly.  TimeFlies should never have gotten a bishop once he got a lead on the curse race (having gotten the Familiar in the first reshuffle).  Salvager is the only source of +buy, so he needed one of those.  KC would have helped him as much as you.  Buying the last city enabled you to pile out.  I think if you hadn't had a KC/city on your last turn he still might have won, but your opponent helped you every step of the way.
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 20 queries.