Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: In Which I ACTUALLY get to use Counting house in one of those dream scenarios...  (Read 1073 times)

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4387
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page
+1

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201301/08/game-20130108-172416-0ef2d46f.html
Colony, Counting House, Duchess, Ghost Ship, Goons, Inn, Jester, Loan, Platinum, Vault, Walled Village, and Warehouse
Well, there it is - Colonies, Goons, Inns, and an extra village, and warehouse for good measure. It's pretty much Counting house's dream. Now, before you guys all go crazy, I'm sure this was played fairly badly. But in the heat of a game, it's very difficult - you try to adjust, you move around, and then there are three pile endings threatened and you really need the points, and then also with the attacks... well, games can drag on.
Turn 24, I get the dream counting house to pull all of my coppers, then trigger that reshuffle. And with a goons, it was a MASSIVE and very timely point infusion for me.
And again on the last turn... unfortunately I can't play my walled village without trigger a reshuffle, or I could get a goons in with the 17 coppers, but it's enough to buy the game-clinching duchy.

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5460
    • View Profile

Hmm, I never thought of using Counting House to get my Coppers to all miss the reshuffle.  That's pretty cool.
Well you *do* need a signature...

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile

Interesting. I look at that set and immediately see "Goons, villages, card draw, filtering" and think I should be attempting to build a deck where I get a few 4-Goons turns. I would have probably opened Silver/Loan to start the thinning right away...

I assume I would have lost to either one of your guys' plays here... but why can't that work?
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

WanderingWinder

• Adventurer
  • ...doesn't really matter to me
  • Respect: +4387
    • View Profile
    • WanderingWinder YouTube Page

Interesting. I look at that set and immediately see "Goons, villages, card draw, filtering" and think I should be attempting to build a deck where I get a few 4-Goons turns. I would have probably opened Silver/Loan to start the thinning right away...

I assume I would have lost to either one of your guys' plays here... but why can't that work?
Well, maybe it would, but there is very limited draw, and loan as the only trashing is going to make it hard to get up fast. If the game lasts long enough, it might be okay, but I suspect it will three pile end on you too fast. You could be right though.

Oh, and I would play different depending on what my opponent goes for, so you can't just look at points/turns.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.082 seconds with 21 queries.